LessWrong 316 members · 64 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

Hi all! I wanted to open up a topic of what stories lesswrongers like here on fimfiction like! Looking through the approved and nominated, there seems to be a bit of a focus on rationalist fics, with a bit of transhuman/transpony mixed in. Of the approved and nominated stories, what do people here like best? Why? What about stories that aren't in approved or nominated? I've been totally geeking out over 'Out and About in the Equestrian Kingdom', which I believe I like better than the story it is named after, 'Down and out in the Magic Kingdom'. Thoughts?

book_burner
Group Contributor

This entire group lists such stories. In abundance.

Yes but I wanted to bring up a discussion about people's favorites and why and such, rather than a simple list.

book_burner
Group Contributor

I am currently massively fanboying over The Moon's Apprentice. Just because there's not quite enough Quirrelmort in my life.

Yes... Thank you for the rec. Quirrel!Luna sounds fabulous. Have you read Seeking Power? I might have to move it up my reading list if you endorse it.

book_burner
Group Contributor

I haven't read Seeking Power. Started it, didn't manage to continue.

Agh, the prelude is filled with contrivances and plot... things. Not quite holes, but still.

And the Tyrantlestia... It has Dumbledore Syndrome all over it.

book_burner
Group Contributor

Tyrantlestia: because no show is allowed to actually have a Big Good. We have to twist her into some kind of villain somehow! AUTHORITY IS ALWAYS THE BAD GUY!

The last chapter is fangirl-worthy, though. Jesus Christ, a magically sustained journey into space in search of great artifacts of power.

Friendship is Optimal is the gold standard, I believe.

book_burner
Group Contributor

4632281 Nah. It's human protagonists are practically anti-rational: they exist to have their cognitive biases exploited.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11