The Diamond Cutters 1,208 members · 1,361 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
Telaros
Group Admin

The Diamond Refinery Nightmare Night's Holiday Event.

I lost my face and my cutie mark. So won't you let me have yours?

Art Theme: Draw Diamond Tiara in a Nightmare Night costume of YOUR choosing.

Writer's Theme: Write a Cute Nightmare Night story or Scary story with Diamond Tiara. Anything Cute or Horror based themed around Nightmare Night/Pony Urban Legends type stuff. The choice to write for either Everyone or Teen to Mature setting is up to you, so please, be sure to mark your story with the proper rating of E or M at either end of your Story submission.
(Teen is considered M for this event's purposes)

Word Limit: 9001
Word Minimum: 1000
Restricted Tags: No restrictions.
Ratings Cap: Teen
Special Condition: Needs to have Diamond Tiara as a focus/main character; First or Third person.

Submissions due Nov. 8th. Voting begins Nov. 9th through the 16th.
------------------------------------------------------

Prizes will begin at $20 Prize Value minimum for each event.

All Prize Value Tier rules apply to this event. Please check Rules and Regulations and Prize Tiers and Unlocks for more details.

Voting will take place October 31st through the 8th of November.*

1. You will Private Message me through Fimfiction with a link to a copy of your unpublished story or art in your Sta.sh through fimfic or DA(Artists) or GDocs (Writers). As per usual, Names, and on occasion, if a Story Title is too revealing, Story Titles will only be revealed after Voting Phases end. No exceptions. If you wish to use an alias please include it with your story or art submission Note.

2. Deadline for Art and Story submissions are November 8th

3. Voting will commence on Nov, 9th for both Art and Story Divisions. Voting Phase ends on Nov, 16th at 10PM. Winners will be announced on the following day.

4. Prize Minimum starts at $20 for each of the three events, E, M and Art. All have and require at least 3 entries to pass. PV increments every +5 entries received.

Lastly, good luck to all and above all try to have fun and do take the time to pace yourself.

I'll be WATCHING you, always WATCHING.

(Feel free to notify ask questions below. As always good luck!)

============
Event Notes
============

Not quite the event originally planned, but to make up for this I have included two new slots, Art and Mature. This will total Three events in One. Everyone category will be NO shipping, no cussing, nothing objectionable outside of what the show itself adheres to. Teen rating is being lobbed into the Mature section for this event's purposes. And lastly, we have the Art section, a still new and yet to be realized section by our fans of Diamond and ponies alike.

Diamond the Shattered Wizard is unamused by your lack of art offerings.

I've just been struggling with how to best balance such a frightfully Spooktober Event. My goal is to promote spooky yet adorable stories and still hope to offer those with a darker taste a chance to compete fairly in a place full of cute. We are accepting of many types and genres. I still want to say we do accept Mature stories in both the Horror and Romance categories. The problem is that there are so few who write these AND use Diamond Tiara as a main protagonist or main villain, we STILL (or at least I do) want to encourage Mature writers to feel just as welcomed as any other member and free to learn the joys of writing for such a fun character as Diamond Tiara no matter what side of the fence she leans over to from time to time, between good and evil.

One Spoon of sugar won't kill ya, but three just might.
Artists and Writers are encouraged to make whatever you see fit for Nightmare Night in Equestria. You'll notice a lot of pictures of Diamond in this post, and that was intentional in HOPES that they may spark something or give you an idea of what you can do for the event be it Art or Writing.

The not so friendly and all too 'possessive'. Luigi still hasn't found his way out of that mansion.

There is a lot to love about October, we get to be anything we want for one whole day without anyone so much as batting an eye. We can be as creepy looking as a zombie mutant with a gaping maw for a neck or a harmless little prince/princess, or Witch as the case may be below.

She's got you in her spell. Magic? No, that was just metaphoric for how entranced with her amazing costume you are.

Happy Halloween everyone and Happy Nightmare Night all you pony fans!

Telaros
Group Admin

Notes on things updated. And Thread is now a sticky.

1. Contest extended till Nov 8th for submissions.
2. Post is now a sticky.
3. Links added to Rules and Prize Tiers.
4. Writer Theme slightly improved to and hopefully less confusing.
5. If it has shipping or blood in it, then it will automatically fall into Teen to Mature section of the contest. Everything else will be automatically considered Everyone.

Event is now more in line with the main series of The Diamond Refinery, though Minimum word count will not be increased to 2500 for the Holiday Event.

That is all. Have a great Spookober everyone, and stay safe!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2