Long Fics 1,162 members · 369 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

For those of you who don't know me, for the last year I've been hosting a fund-raiser through Oxfam where FIMfiction authors enter their stories and then try to get their followers to sponsor them (sponsoring yourself is allowed).

Currently there's a $500 cash prize for the story that raises the most dough, but if the tournament as a whole raises more than $5,000, the prize goes up to $750 for the winner and $250 for the runner up. Right now the money raised stands at just under $2,300, so we're about half way there, but the tournament closes at the end of the year.

People who don't have stories or money to contribute can still help by going to the forum and creating a thread offering a prize for a specific criterion of a story. Example: you might say that you will write a song based off a story of the author whose story is voted to have the best villain. Authors can then offer their villain into the threads, and then there is more interest in the tournament as a whole.

All funds raised go towards refugees escaping the Syrian conflict.

Are you going to keep this up for 2016? there is no way I'll reach 150 000 words by the end of the month, but will definitely have more than that during the next year. I don't think I could really get much in the ways of sponsors in a month either. I would love to participate, but a month is simply too short a notice for me.

I wasn't originally going to but yes; though it might work a bit different.

Won't specify exactly how just yet. It's something I'm still thinking about.

Makes sense, you always want to improve your formula. Keep me posted, this is an important cause.

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/215679/a-dream-of-sunny-days This is my fic, btw.

If you join the group, then even if you don't post a story there will be updates there. Or you could follow me and get announcements from my blog.

Will do, thanks.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7