Celestia Is The Best Pony 2,887 members · 2,582 stories
Comments ( 32 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 32

So, I’ve seen stories and art where people seem to think Celestia is lying about her ability to raise the sun. That makes no since to me, cause it’s proven in pony history that Unicorns had to raise those orbs for eons alone before Celestia and Luna came and lifted the burden off of them.

Does anyone know where this theory came from? because it’s not sound.

Because physics wise, the sun does not revolve around the earth, the earth revolves around the sun. The moon revolves around the earth. In reality, it would mean that the sun and earth have no gravitational pull and perhaps even not polar magnatism. Luna messing with the stars would put navigation all out of wack and give her even more power than Celestia, because she can move bodies millions of miles away. There is also the thought of 1 individual holding the power to literally kill everyone and everything on the planet.

In fact, this theory is very sound, based on physics alone. I mean, our solar bodies don't rely on some machine or magic go make they work.

From the early fandom before the Hearts Warming Eve episode. Even then people thought the play wasn't 100% historically accurate in universe. MLP as a show while far better than one expected due to it's intended audience has a ton of holes in it's world building. Like Swiss Cheese really.

I was able to fill in most of them. I personally believe the mlp universe is built in a geocentric solar system. Meaning their earth is in the center. It also likely has no gravitational pull considering its moon and sun. Neither body ever changes position during any season, and the moon is always full last I checked. Meaning the sun and the moon of mlp rotate around earth. The seasons are a result of Pegasi magic to maintain life and balance to make sure nothing gets overworked. And the fact unicorns had to physically move the individual solar bodies, means the sun and moon have no revolutionary axis. They are mere objects floating in an endless abyss. This would explain why water does not wave in mlp. The rest of their world is either a product of magic or the nonexistent gravity of either body. This would also explain why Twilight only looks at stars, and has never once talked about other planets in their solar system. Their sun likely destroyed them all. With the exception of earth since it’s light years away from the sun and moon. And again, the rest is all magic, which is logical in their world.

In this comic strip, Anon explains to the ponies how the sun and moon works with the Earth, and you can click here if it's too small to read.

I'll never understand the Luna controls the stars bit the Fandom has because no where in any offical Canon has that ever been a thing.

She's always only controlled the Moon and thats it so that one being thought of as wrong is in fact correct and I suppeot for fics following canon on that.

First of all, the idea of fanfics is to make a story to your liking even if it ends up being different from what was on the show. Don't be surprised if a lot of them end up as retcons, because that's something common as well. Then again, we don't know too much about Celestia's or even Luna's early life as so little about that was mentioned in the show itself. Even the Journal of Two Sisters didn't seem to touch on that either, though it's claimed not to be canon to the show. When I did do the fanfic Royal Origins, I did make how they got their cutie marks different by having them earn them the same way any other pony would, which was by accident. At first, they were going to apologize to the unicorn wizards for moving them, but they sort of thank them instead and even believe that they are the ones for the sun and moon. Also, in that fanfic they aren't even born alicorns, but become them later on, plus the reason they got their names was after Megan saw them and decided to name them after what they reminded her of. Rumor has it, that I should never let whoever wrote the Journal of Two Sisters see that said fanfic, because I might have told a better story than that author did.

That’s likely how they became Alicorns in the first place. Recall that shining armor and Cadance were the only ones to give birth to a Alicorn. Celestia and Luna both admitted that it is something Equestria has never seen before.
Yeah. You’re right. Although that likely came from the very first episode back in season one. Recall the prophecy that the stars would aid in Nightmare Moon’s escape.

Recall that shining armor and Cadance were the only ones to give birth to a Alicorn. Celestia and Luna both admitted that it is something Equestria has never seen before.

Another thing a lot of people seem to forget is Equestria is a country not the planet. There's an entire episodes about the founding of the nation.

What I always figured they meant is no one really knows what to do as Celestia and Luna certainly wouldn't know not having met other alicorns so wouldn't know what goes into raising them really since they would have been the ones being raised.

I'm one of those who believed that they weren't born as alicorns, but rather unicorns that became alicorns, though my fanfic is already a retcon just for having Megan in it, who was responsible for giving them their names when they were fillies.

I adopted that theory after season 3. Made since to me since that’s how Twilight became a Alicorn.

Unfortunately, since this franchise hardly ever gives backstories, we'll never what their real history was. Even the Journal of Two Sisters doesn't seem to talk about their early life. The one paragraph that talks about how they were raised could have occurred at any point in their lives as well. More importantly, it doesn't exactly say that they were alicorns at birth. Let's say that they were alicorns early in their lives, that still doesn't mean that they were born that way and could have become such either when they were still fillies, turned to foals, or even when finally, being adults. Another thing not mentioned is who their biological parents were because they had to born to some ponies. Then again, Cadance's parents aren't mentioned neither nor do we ever know who the parents were for the Williams siblings back in G1 let alone if they were alright with them going to Ponyland.

Starswirl the bearded was their mentor like Celestia was to Cadance and Twilight. What if he was their parent figure. It’s also possible that Cadance was abandoned as a unicorn filly—which is a canon fact (look at the lines carefully in twilights flashback with her foalsitter in the last episodes of season 2)—and was raised by Celestia. But you are right, the only parents of an Alicorn we know of are Cadance and Shining to flurry. And Twilight Velvet and Night Light for Twilight.

Also, recall when Storm King took their powers into the staff of sacanas and began moving the sun and moon without a care in the world as well as effortlessly. Yeah, there is no way Celestia and Luna are liars about moving the sun and moon after that whole thing came into light. Should have thrown that in there in my arguement to begin with.

Actually, Cadance was a pegasus before she became an alicorn as one of the books mentioning what's believed to be her early life.

Most bronies don't consider the movie to be canon to the show.

That’s a lie. Literally mentions all of the events following the movie in season 8. Hippogriffs my aris tempest stormking. All of that is mentioned In season 8. Gotta follow the Equestria girls and mlp timeline theroughly

Is the books and comics that are not canon to the show and spit complete nonsense over the show. Alternates in other words. Cadance was a Unicorn according to Twilight in season 2, not a Pegasus. And no the books are not canon to the TV show. It’s an alternate timeline.

And if they do not consider the movie part of the main timeline, I’m sorry, but those bronies are not very open to the continuation of time, and need to pay closer attention to the show. Not the books. The books will never be canon to the tv show, they are their own thing. Because mlp the tv show came out first, that is the first timeline of FIM. The books exists as alternations of different choices and destinies the TV show did not give the characters. Wether or not the books are better than the show is a completely different debate. And as for Cadance being a Pegasus before acsension, I know that’s wrong because Twilight mentions her unicorn past when they were smaller in the flashback during a Canterlot wedding.

“How many unicorns can just spread love where ever they go? I only know of one!”
—Twilight Sparkle (season 2. Episode 24)

According to the FiM Wiki, Cadance was originally a pegasus and they usually follow what's in the show itself on that website.

Equestria Girls wasn't considered canon to the show either and was more of a spin off.

No Equestria Girls follows in suit of the entire series too. From the first movie all the way to the legend of the everfree and so forth.

I also find wiki use on TV shows to be unreliable. They are typically wrong as far as canon goes. Twilight called Cadance a Unicorn, therefore she was a Unicorn before she became a princess. Not to say wiki’s are always wrong, I’ve just done enough papers in my life to know that Wikis are mostly unreliable sources—just ask all of my essays that were only done with wiki as a source 😬.

Also, Equestria Girls can’t be just a spin off as we see the sirens from rainbow rocks get banished to the human world in season 7 episode 24 with the backstory of Stygian and the pillars. Just like how the movie is part of the main timeline because of all the references and acknowledgment season 8 and 9 gave it. Tempest made a cameo in the finale as well as many other references to the movie in season 8. For example, the tests Harmony put the young six through, Silverstream was forced to face what she thought was the Storm King to test her bravery. Tempest was immediately acknowledged in the first episode school daze while Twilight was setting up the school. Kludgetown was acknowledged. Mt aris was acknowledged and visited. It is 100% ignorant to simply say these things did not happen in the main timeline when they very clearly have. There is simply no way around it.

For the most part, this franchise doesn't do backstories on the show, and this goes all the way back to G1. Sometimes, certain things and places are mentioned differently on the show as well. In reality, we may not know who is really telling the truth here. From a lot of sources, it was mentioned that Cadance was originally a pegasus before becoming an alicorn especially in Twilight Sparkle and the Crystal Heart Spell. It was shown that in a flashback with Twilight and Cadance, it was shown that Cadance was already an alicorn by that time, though there is never any mention of who her family was let alone what she was doing before marrying Shinning Armor or even being the new ruler of the Crystal Empire. Getting to Equestria Girls, even if there were certain references to the actual show, that still doesn't make it canon, plus it was never made clear if the Dazzlings really were those sirens that Starswirl banished. Personally, I wasn't too fond of Equestria Girls, and I sort of wished they just brought back human companions like a rebooted Megan instead of humanizing the ponies, but that's mostly me saying that. Just because Tempest Shadow made some cameos doesn't make the movie canon either as she could have been there for different reasons.

It seems we have reached an impasse. I just can’t convince you that you’re wrong, even though I believe you and any Brony or Pegasister like you is 100% wrong. I hate this, but I’m going to have to agree to disagree with you respectfully. And face facts I’m JUST as stubborn. I think the show is solid, and you think it’s not. This makes me wanna shoot my own foot! But not yours… you’re your own you.

Live your life TalB. Live it well…even though I think your completely wrong…

The show explicitly says that the events of the Movie are canon (which adds a whole host of problems, but hey, this is the life they chose...). From the beginning of the Season 8 premiere:

Twilight Sparkle: This happened while we were gone?
Applejack: Wow! Those are all the places we went when we left to save Equestria!
Rarity: Ugh! There's that horrid town where we were almost sold!
Rainbow Dash: The pirates! They were pretty awesome! Uh, once they decided not to throw us overboard.
Pinkie Pie: And Mount Aris! Ooh, Starlight! Did you know we made seashell necklaces for aaaaaa... [inhales] ...aaaaall the seaponies?
Starlight Glimmer: I... You... Really? What about that unicorn? The one who attacked Canterlot?
Twilight Sparkle: Tempest! I invited her to come to Ponyville, but she wanted to spread the word of the Storm King's defeat and share what she learned about friendship.

In all honesty, we sort of went off tangent when talking about the movie and Equestria Girls when the original point of this thread was to discuss about certain fanfics describing Celestia. The most important thing to understand when writing about fanfics is that the author can make them go however, they want them to, especially since it's their fanfics to start with. They don't even have to be in line with the show, which is why there is a tag for having them take place in an alternate universe should that be the case. Other fanfics have them interacting with characters that aren't even part of the show either. For example, my fanfics has them interacting with Megan, who is from G1, though I will view not having her part of G4 as a missed opportunity to this day. Nonetheless, the author can make the characters in whatever way they want them to even if it's not how they were on the show itself. However, I was surprised that nobody grilled me when I did Royal Origins and even mentioned that neither Celestia nor Luna were born as alicorns or even did a story that was different from what the Journal of the Two Sisters had along with the claim that it was Megan who gave them their names and they even lived when it was still G1. Then again, it's not as if Hasbro will sue anyone for making such fanfics. More importantly, this whole franchise has a history of doing generations that hardly ever gives backstories, which are usually left to the fans to interpret on their own on what really happened.

Usually when movies are made from TV shows, they aren't canon for the most part, though I'm surprised this one is even though some of what is mentioned is mostly said in passing or giving certain characters cameos or references.

You are very right. It is a show all about interpretation.

Sometimes I do wish that they would have devoted some episodes to having backstories, but that never seems to be the case, plus I don't think that even in this video, it's their real parents either since we never knew who they really were, plus even this video confirms that Cadance was a pegasus.

I will fight you to the day you and I die that Cadance was a Pegasus. Cadance was a frikin Unicorn. Season 2 episode 24 confirms that. Nothing else matters. It’s all fan theory. The comics are not canon to the show. The books are not canon to the show. Fan made sites and wiki’s are not canon to the show. They are intresting, but the show expressed she was a unicorn with the ability to use Love as her talent, becoming the princess of love and the Crystal princess. Please stop calling Cadance a Pegasus. It’s driving me nutty.

Note that you and I are friends and I am in no way attacking you. Friends find my pet peeves very quickly on this site.

Now that I hear about Skyros, I would like to know why it wasn't mentioned in G4 if Royal Sisters are from there. Even the Journal of the Two Sisters doesn't even mention this place. Why do we only hear about this place in Make Your Mark? One other thing, until that episode, I had no idea Opaline was as old as they were. For some reason, I feel as if this is a big plot hole or retcon in that matter.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 32