Star Trek Ponies 503 members · 101 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

Okay, so I was thinking. There are two big name "antagonist" In the Star Trek universe. Q and KHAN! (And yes I know Q isn't that bad a guy he can just get under peoples nerves but regardless he started out as a antagonist. Also I'm sure many of you could name other worthy antagonist in the unversed like the Borg but I'm talking as iconic individuals not species .) Obviously Q has been in many a MLP fan fic crossovers but I realized something not KHAN!. So I was wondering if you were to bring in KHAN! in a MLP fan fic crossover how would it be written. What would KHAN! motivations be. How would he get there, what would be his goals, would he want to rule Equestria and defeat the Princesses only to prove his superior genetically advance intellect and strength over magic (Interesting battle genetics vs. Magic) ,and what version of KHAN would it be. Would it be more a KHAN! from space seed, a more of a Wrath of Khan, KHAN ! Or would it be from...... well you get the point. So that's just my question for discussion.

Or yeah one more thing .

Cumberbatch Khan (I REALLY LIKED HIM IN THE ROLE), getting warped to Equestria and attempting to take over because he is BETTER.

(Going by TOS since I have not seen the new movie yet, and this applies to Space Seed or at any time of their 200 year journey in coldsleep. Not unlikely they could hit a wormhole or "Space anomaly" to get there as an alternate timeline.)
For Khan and the rest of his group of superbeings, why ask why they would try to conquer whatever backwater world they crash on? They have been programmed with high intelligence (which at times is cripped by ambition and sheer pride on a par with the greatest conquerers in history)
That is why they were each given the names they have. They were made by this secret group to run the world for them. (Hmmm, I wonder if that black-bag spy group still exists anywhere in the Federation?...)
Why would Alexander the Great try and conquer Equestria? Because it is there and so are they after the crash. that is all the reason Khan Noonan Singh needs, and the others will work under him because he ismeaner than the rest of them together. At least he would not have energy weapons to do his dirty work with, just guns that Unicorns could sabotage... :raritywink:

I suppose an optimal question would be, are you writing about Human!Khan coming to Equestria (like many other Star Trek/MLP:FIM crossovers), or are you writing about a ponified version of Khan that originally hails from Equestria? The latter option might offer you a more interesting slant as well as creative means of delving into less savory aspects of Equestria's past that you could develop (magically engineering a perfect pony race? banishment by Celestia or someone else in authority?).

Khan is indeed a conqueror through and through. He lives for the challenge of it, the glory of it, which is the main reason why he wasn't too upset (initially anyway) with being marooned with his shipmates on an untamed planet at the end of the TOS episode "Space Seed." Plus, he is a superior, engineered being intended to be the pinnacle of human (or pony) perfection, and as such typically looks down on "lesser" beings as you or I might an insect.

Hope that helps. Oh, and KKKKHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flutterrage:

/Khan gets marooned with the Botany Bay in Equestria.

"This IS Ceti Alpha 5!"

1211842 Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking.

1211842 Oh I like that idea. Perhaps he doesn't find Equestria though until a few years later that way one could describe the way he looks in Wrath of Khan. (Which is my favorite look for Khan) Also I want one of the Ponies to mention his chest. For some strange reason I have this image in my head of Rarity making a comment on how muscular Khan's chest looks. :duck: Don't know why? :twilightoops:

Jidbrony wrote:

Obviously Q has been in many a MLP fan fic crossovers

Considering the voice actor for Discord, Q is practically canon in the MLP universe now.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8