Star Trek Ponies 503 members · 101 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

I had an idea for an MLP Star Trek TNG crossover where Equesteria achieves space travel and ends up joining the United Federation of Planets. Twilight Sparkle and the rest of the mane 6 are chosen to be the first ponies to attend Star Fleet Acadamy and upon graduation join the crew of the Star Ship Enterprise as cadets. Adventure ideas include Q and Discord teaming up, the Borg trying to assimilate Princess Celestia, and the Changelings trying to take over one of those lovey dovey planets.

I was wondering if this idea is original or if anyone else has done a story like this before.

I don't know about the mane six joining Starfleet but I think there are a couple if fics where Equestria and the federation are on good terms, and even one where Twilight and the gang are on Equestria's ship. As for the bogr, well depending on your stance on Twilight being an alicorn Celestia need not be involved. Though Speaking of that Twilight being a princess makes her a prime canadate for ambissidore to the federation on behalf of Equestria, with the rest of the six and spike along for the ride as well. Q and Discord is a natural direction to go, but would they be 'teaming up' to mess with the enterprize, to teach the crew a lesson, or just to try and make picard pull out what's left of his hair?

Actually do they need to team up? Their egos could clash and they could try to one up each other with the Enterprise D just getting caught in the crossfire. Another way to take it was while the two meet they don't intend to team up or have a contest and just try to do their own thing, but their plans end up interfearing with one another just by sheer luck, witch could lead to either a full on fight, some witty retorts, or just some sissy slap fightight/ slapstick combat, or each actively trying to ruin the other's intended plans out of spite.

The changelings wishing to concur another world is an interesting idea, espcailly as Star trek has who shape shifter races of their own. Granted they were first shown in either Deep Space Nine or Voyager, but that doesn't mean that the Founders, or species 8472 twouldn't cause trouble anyway. Also a clash between the changelings and the borg might be interesting as both are hive minds, and both need to concore others to live but other then they they are quite different. Could the borg assimilate a changeling? Can the changelings drain love from the Borg? If so how much of it do the borg have, and would it be more or less of a power boost given the borg are a hive mind?

Some more ideas, Ferengi traders trying t strike up business with Equestria, How Equestria, or better yet the Griffons react to the Klingons, or the Romulins? How about Starfleet itself? Q or not magic isn't something they run into often, especially not on the level Equestria has it. Zap Apples would be just as odd to them as the replicater is to the ponies, Or how about moving/controlling clouds as compaired to the tractorbeam? Illusion spells like the one Rarity used in the first season compaired to the holodeck? Let's not forget the federation is a moneyless scotiy yet Equestria isn't and in fact not only lacks paper money and credit cards, but negotiation is much more prevalent then one would expect if "Putting your hoof down" is any indecation.

There's also the fact that a large number of beings from Equestria/ the planet it's on resemble beings from Earthy's mythology. Or Celestia and Luna's rasing the sun/moon. Star Trek and Equestria crossovers have a LOT of potencail to explore so even if your idea is simler in prmis to other fics you can take it in a nmber of new and interesting directions.

Well I'm not really thinking of using Alicorn Twilight. What I have in mind is an alternate universe version of MLP were contact with The Federationl is achived about the begining of the series. And after the events of the first two seasons (The defeat of Nightmare Moon, Discord, and the Chalenglings) Celestia and Starfleet pick Twilight and the others to join Starfleet.

I could have an episode were Celestia contacts the Enterprise and informs them about the Crystal Empire coming back. And we have the two parter episodes just with Enterprise members tagging along.

Ah I see, I thought you were starting from season three or later. so yeah that changes things a good deal, don't think anyone's had Starfleet involved from the beginning. Having the enterprize crew involved in the episode with the crystal empire would be neat. Their reactions to the whole mess with Starlight glimmer would be interesting as well. Though even the show itsef tried to avoid too much outside interfearnce by making sure spike wasn't involved after all. Not only does him not having a cutiemark at all makeher odd hilosophy all the more flimsy having someone who can call for back up on a whim, or flat out be a living flamethrower, while being damn durable to boot breaks the episode. Still think how she'd react to the crew of the Enterprize D, Georde being blind but his visore giving him sight that is great then a human's in some ways or weaker in others, Warf(and Data's) great physical strength and durability, Data, being just that damn smar, Trio having empathy and thus being able to sense deception, Picard's gift for words and startigy, or Riker just willing to get his hand dirty while being fairly cunning as well.

I was wondering if this idea is original or if anyone else has done a story like this before.

I would bet it has been done. That shouldn't be a valid deterrent for you to write your own version, though: if people stopped writing just because "it has been done already", we wouldn't have around a hundred stories of Rainbow Dash growing a horn.

I think I have chosen a stardate for when the Federation discovers planet Equestria (The ponies decide to call the whole planet Equestria once they achieve space travel)

Think of it as the start of TNGs unofficial 8th season. For backstory purposes, I'm thinking of how Starfleet makes first contact with Ponies. Initial scans of the planet indicate life so a science vessel is sent to investigate. But Ponies have yet to develop space travel yet at this point so would the Prime Directive be put into play before first contact is made.

After Ponies develop space travel the Federation becomes more interested in Planet Equestria. As stated in a previous entry Oficial first contact with Ponies is made shortly before the start of the MLP series with Twilight joining Starfleet after the second season.

Also where in the galaxy could Planet Equestria be located. I'm thinking somewhere that has not been all to explored. I don't think were quite into Voyager yet with the stardate I've given so that rules out the delta quadrant. But I don't know how much of the Alfa, Beta, and Gamma quadrants have been mapped by the end of TNG. Any info would be helpful on placing Equestria in the Milky Way Galaxy.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6