Vamponies (and other supernatural creatures) 2,768 members · 1,115 stories
Comments ( 3268 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3,268

Twas' a late night in Ponyville, and most of it's denizens were asleep as the thunderstorm raged outside their homes. Those who were not asleep were at Sugarcube Corner, sheltering from the storm.

A white unicorn sat at the bar up front, eating a piece of pie. His hat cast unnaturally dark shadows across the left side of his face, leaving only his right side visible. His green right eye seemed to scan the other patrons as he ate. His trench coat covered most of his body and equipment. However, a black electric guitar, twin silver axe blades jutting from its sides, was strapped onto his back for all to see.

In a booth in the back, a stark white pegasus sat sipping some tea, mumbling about how he could make 'a better cuppa'. In another booth sat a young-looking black pegasus stallion. Despite his young appearance, he seemed rather fearsome.

At the bar table, just a few seats down to the right of the white unicorn, sat a dark blue pegasus with a dark red mane. He looked rather antsy. To the unicorn's left sat a dark blue pegasus with a white and yellow striped mane. The unicorn couldn't tell if he was looking at a mare or a stallion. To the seat directly to the unicorn's right was a brown earth pony stallion wearing a suit collar and tie. He was spinning a poker chip on the bar table, looking rather bored.

Just entering town was a cyan unicorn with a sage green mane, currently soaking wet from the rain.

(I will let everyone get around to doing their thing in Sugarcube Corner. The quest prompt will appear once everyone is here. Did I miss anyone?)

((Alright, let's see if I still got it:))

Midnight hail sat at the bar with 3 ponies to his right and one in a booth behind him. He didn't recognise any of them, but he could tell that he was dealing with some interesting patrons. One was armed, and none of the others looked to be too pleasant.

He took another swig from his hip flash of holly water, which began to refill itself slowly, as if by magic. ((it's enchanted)). He had used up a lot of power earlier that day. ((currently at 38% corruption))

He knew his friend was in town, but he'd have to wait until tomorrow to go find him. As such, he was looking for a quaint place to stay the night. He'd stopped when the rain began and taken shelter inside the bakery, waiting for it to die down.

((is this the right Idea?))

[You got it.:twilightsmile: Also, please use ((double parentheses)) or [brackets] when talking out of character, just so it's easier to tell.]

Rich Tea grumbled to himself. These Ponyvillians had no freaking clue on how to make a decent cuppa. He was rather tempted to go invisible and give this place a decent haunting—writing on the walls, floating objects, you know, the classics—but the strange pink mare that lived here gave him the creeps (even more so than the crazy unicorn in the library—he's never going there again), so he simply contented himself to sipping his terrible brew, whilst idly daydreaming of the various biscuits that might possibly save it.

[:rainbowlaugh: Oh god, my sides!]

[why do I get the feeling that everything I do is going to be comedy gold?:pinkiehappy:]

['Cause it will be.:pinkiehappy:]

Mr Sale was bored.

It wasn't a feeling he was unaccustomed to, having existed for at least four hundred years, but then again the experience of having nothing to do was never pleasant.

The seemingly average brown stallion stared blankly at the poker chip he was spinning on the table, wondering if he could persuade a few of the other patrons to a game, if only to entertain himself. Ponyville lacked the typical seedy bar he usually made his hunting grounds, leaving this oddly shaped shop perhaps the only place resembling an area he could successfully interact with a large number of ponies in relative privacy.

It wasn't as if he needed to make any more contracts for this month anyway, having already made several deals in the little town. One mare, desperately seeking power to validate herself as a true unicorn, had sought his specific abilities. He had gifted her the powerful Alicorn Amulet, to do with as she wished. A shame, Mr Sale supposed, that she had wasted it's power. She had another five more years on the clock and hadn't even fufilled her dreams. Such was the way of failures liker her.

Looking up from the chip Mr Sale decided to survey the fellow patrons currently sheltering from the weather. His old, brown eyes surveyed the ponies before him.

A white unicorn sat eating a piece of pie on the counter, his hat was covering half of his face and he was dressed in a long black coat. A guitar, which looked as though it doubled as a weapon, jutted out from his back.

A flair for the dramatic perhaps, Mr Sale thought, smirking. Even the talented can want a little bit more...

He couldn't see much of the other ponies, but could see a dark blue pegasus with a dark red mane. He looked to be a little distressed about something. Perhaps even distressed enough to make a deal...

For all his strengths, Mr Sale couldn't read the minds of other ponies. He needed to know more.

Hmm.. yes.

Still smirking, the earth pony got up out of his seat and walked up to the counter, ringing a small bell to get service. A old earth pony mare came out from the kitchen and smiled brightly before opening her mouth to speak.

"Yes sir? What can I help you with."

"My dear mare, I was wondering perhaps if I could move a few of the tables around for a small game of poker. It would be a shame to let this day go to waste simply because of the weather, wouldn't it?" Mr Sale's deep yet charming voice rang through the quite air of the shop.

The mare looked a little taken aback but nodded all the same.

"As long as you keep the stakes low and put the tables back when you're done then I don't see why not!"

"Thankyou my dear mare." Mr Sale turned around and lent one foreleg against the counter. "So, any takers for a round of poker? Low stakes of course..."

((Also | http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-Bv8wf_IqE | is his voice. Hope you don't mind me starting a bit of plot!))

Midnight looked up from the counter. The brown one had spoken, and Midnight could tell immediately.
A demon, and not just any, but a powerful greed demon, if he was correct.
Midnight felt his blood boil. Greed demons were annoying, to say the least, but they stood no chance against a well informed pony. So long as you didn't sign the contract, you were set. They were poor fighters by comparison, and they had weaker seductive abilities then the lust demons.
"I'm game, what's the buy in?"
((Edit: 636868 sorry for this, hope I didn't get anything wrong. If I did, lemme know))

[I don't mind at all. I have no creative energy left as it is.]

Clash saw the earth pony setting up a round of poker. He had just barely finished his pie.

"Yeah," he stated, "I'll join." He sat down at the table, directly across from the brown stallion.

[Make sure to hit the reply button when your character replies to someone elses.]

The armed one was joining them. Midnight sensed no open hostility, be he had the feeling of a justiceere. He also felt something off about the unicorn, but it wasn't something he had felt before. Definitely not demon in origin. Midnight made a mental note to keep an eye on this one.

[What's a justiceere?]

636926 ((person who fights for good, but is willing to do bad (killing). It's my own word; i don't know the real word))

"Oh we'll start small I think. Twenty five bits. I'd hate to rob you of too much money." Mr Sale replied, his ever present smirk still plastered across his face. He looked up from the table where he was measuring out stacks of chips from his briefcase at the pony who had asked what the buy in was. If the old demon hadn't have been a master of presentation then his brow would have furrowed as his senses immediately picked up something wrong with the... pony. It was almost as if he was a fellow demon and yet... the scent was too faint. There was also the fact that he couldn't tell just what gender the pony was. Odd

No matter, I have done nothing to interfere in his business after all. he thought. I'll just have to hope he doesn't interfere in mine.

"Any other takers?"

"I'm game," Rich Tea said, approaching the poker table, leaving his half drunk cup of tea behind. "Appleoosan hold 'em?"

((My powers aren't quite as shitty as you might think, but it's better for you to be ignorant of them :scootangel:. It'll just make any fight scenes more realistic as characters are taken off guard.))

A cloaked figure pushed open doors to Sugar Cube corner. His mint green eyes glowed eerily from under his hood as he scanned the patrons within the establishment. Several ponies sat around the, lounging at either sipping on something, eating, or just sitting there. The vibe he was getting in the air wasn't ominus, but it wasn't exactly loving either, like something was wrong with this group. Luckily because of his years of wisdom he had an idea of what was with the group before him, but if they didn't care, he didn't care.

He walked up to the bar up front and took a seat. As he leaned his long slender package against the bar. He stole a quick glance at the pie eating unicorn. Reaching into his cloak, he pulled out a map of the region. According to the paper he was in Ponyville right now, he search his mind for anything on the town...I few images of a caravan of young settlers flew through his head. The last time he had been here Ponyville was nothing more than a few wagons and cabins brought by a family of apple farmers.

He replaced the map and started to make circles on the counter with his talons. "Wonder if they still live here?" He muttered.

The door to Sugarcube Corner opens the storm still raging. A shadowy figure walks in, his hood covering his face, walking on two legs, takes a seat in an unoccupied booth.

Clash set out the bits from his pocket into five neat stacks. Oh, yes, he was aware that he was surrounded by the supernatural. But they didn't have to know that he knew.... yet. Clash began humming, and eventually quietly singing, the tune of one of his favorite songs.

"Before the story begins, is it such a sin, for me to take what's mine, until the end of time?"

636940 He knows.
Midnight knew that the demon would find him out fast. But this was a bit fast even for a demon. He was clearly dealing with a powerhouse, despite it being a greed demon.
I'd better watch myself, he might get bored of his current state and possess me if I go all out around him
His eyes flicked to the justiceere. Who's side would he take in a confrontation? They were both demon in origin, but Midnight was only part demon.
He took out his bits and, seeing he was a few short, asked if they could lower the buy-in to 20.

636974 ((I don't see you in the list character sheets))

"Of course my friend, only the best games for me." he replied to the pale stallion

Perhaps he would yearn for some more colours...

"I suppose I can supplement the bits for you my friend. It's only pocket change after all."

A peace offering... just to be sure.

Other figures had entered the shop in this time. Both looking fairly strange. Sale could tell this was going to be a strange day indeed.

"Perhaps you fine gentlecolts would like to partake in a game of Appleloosan hold'em?"

[My bad.:twilightblush: I forgot to put him in.]

[i think the word you're looking for is 'justicar']

Rich Tea takes a seat at the poker table and places 25 bits down in front of himself.

636979 (He hasn't put me up yet.)

((Damn this is all going faster than I can type. Especially since this is my first time role playing xD))

[hey, I'm playing from an iPhone. I'm about 4 comments behind everybody:pinkiesmile:]

Comment posted by MisterManAndMissLady deleted Jan 20th, 2013

[WORKING ON IT!!!:flutterrage:]

636982 The drake removes his hood to reveal a, red scaled dragon with white spines, he walked to the table and said, "I hope you don't rob me of my blood money."

((Ohgod. You poor bastard xD))

[There, it's up.]

Clash's green right eye, the only one visible, searched the other patrons like a scanner.

A dragon, two demons, and a ghost. Well, that's bloody spectacular.

Clash said nothing as the others took their seats, the visible half (the right half) of his face showing a neutral, but curious, expression.

[A dragon, two demons, and a ghost. Well, that's bloody spectacular.
Gotta catch em all!]

Careful, it could be a trap.

Midnight accepted the money, but kept his eyes open for anything that could emulate a contract. Seeing nothing, he put it down on the table.
The new creatures picked Midnight's curiosity. A griffin and a dragon...
This is only getting more interesting

Mr Sale's eyebrows rose.

"Blood money? Well, I suppose that just makes it all the more appealing. All depends how good you are at poker I suppose."

Odd... seeing a drake around such a small rural pony town. If he's a mercenary though then that could mean he's a little power hungry. Perhaps I could entice him in with an artefact of some sort...

The earth pony's hooves skilfully began shuffling a small deck of cards he had retrieved from his briefcase.

"Small blind one bit, big blind two my friends. I wish you all luck. You'll need it" Mr Sale dealt the cards out to each player. Two games had now begun. The game for the money and the game for the player's souls. Such was the life of Mr Sale.

((I'm not going to go into the specifics of the game to avoid confusion. Aka, I won't ask you to reveal your cards or fold or anything. Instead make conversation will playing. I suggest you all do the same :).))

637022 ((Damn, you already know...))

Rich Tea stared at his new companions. He was getting a weird feeling from the ponies, but it was the lizard and the griffin that stood out most in his mind.

Suddenly, he was glad he was already dead.

637022 Throws 25 bits on the table,"We playing or what?.

Let's see how long it take before someone is in a fight.

[He has the combined DNA of a pair of twins who hunted the supernatural and adventured for a living. It's kinda obvious to him.]

I throw small blind in.637032

Rich pushes a couple of bits forwards. "So... Terrible weather, we're having, right lads?"

637041"Depends on what you are." Isaac looks at his cards.

"No, I'm fine." The cloaked figure said as he turned around. He set his glowing gaze on the stallion and glazed over the other ponies who had begun to join him for a hand. "The sparrow never lands where the tiger roams." He continued to watch them for a moment. "I'm content to simply spectate."

He reached back into his cloak and pulled out a piece of dried food (Meat if your OC can smell it) and started to snack on it. Cards games of the like were never his forte, he never liked games of luck too much. Even the least randomized of card games annoyed him. He was a little sad at the missed chance for some fun though. Perhaps later or even during the card game.

Clash's right eye sweeps over the group, like a spotlight looking for a criminal in the dark. No one could see what the left side of his face looked like; the shadows cast by his hat were much too dark to be natural.

"Yeah.... terrible.”

637032>>637035>>637022>>637004>>636952

Only one of them is as they appear... And even he has something special whirring within him.
Midnight knew the demon was his biggest threat. None of the others could win against him in brute strength, even if it could only last a few minutes. But the demon would be able to use his own power against him.
For now, I'll draw out there secrets... And I do have the holly water, if it comes down to that.
He could feel a certain lack of substance from the white one, probably a spectral user.
The drake was just that, a drake. He may be hiding something else, but if it came down to fight or flight, he'd be fine.
The griffin didn't intimidate him at all, even though he sensed hidden strength within him.
That left the justiceere. So long as Midnight didn't do anything the stupid, he knew that he'd be okay with him.
"Well, I've got nothing." *folds*
What game are you playing, demon.

"Well, that's true enough I suppose. Mind you, we never had weather like this in the city. Oh no, our storms were always moderate and on time. Not like the crew here, constantly making storms too big, too late."

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3,268