Vamponies (and other supernatural creatures) 2,768 members · 1,115 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13

I could use a tad bit of help fleshing out a plot of a zombie one shot I'm planning for the Halloween season:

Set in small safe zone in a infected equestria that is home to a Pair of brothers (a 20 year old and a 13 year old in human years), two Royal Equestrian Army soldiers, a elderly couple, and some random stallion.

All I can seem to come up with is it starts with somepony out on a supply gathering mission and ends with the safe zone being overrun and only the two brothers manage to escape.

Basically I know how it'll start and end but just not for the middle.... Help

1941941 everypony dies.....that's a good end!

Everyone, but the two brothers. Predictable.

Add more drama, replace a brother by a random stallion.

Or maybe just the little one gets out...:pinkiecrazy:

That works too, but having a shoulder to cry on for the loss of a brother is more practical for the writer. You can add some dialogue in the epilogue.

That does make more sence... Maybe one the soldiers

1941941 Safe zone is kept safe by isolation - hidden in a cave, or a valley in which there is only one entrance, difficulty in reaching entrance due to terrain, etc.

A gatherer makes mistake of not covering tracks properly, or is spotted/scented by a zombie/pack of zombies. Hordes swarm camp and survivors realise folly of not having a back entrance or exit to their safe zone.

Guards try and fend off undead, Elderly couple are run down and devoured. One brother is bitten, and chooses to stay behind, etc.

Perhaps the one who goes out for the supplies is the friend of the little one and he gets attacked just outside of the safe area. Of course the little one sees this and rushes out to 'save' him then one or both become zombies and chaos ensues.

I was going to make it a small farm like Hershel's place in the walking dead but a cave could work. Maybe a old gem mine outside of Ponyville

1942644 that sounds good, and the only two that manage to escape ade the younger brother and the random stranger...drama!

1941941 The random stallion turns out to be the villain and lets down the security of the safe zone because he has discovered a cure but plans to overthrow the current leadership using the zombie invasion as a means to initiate his plans..... or something.

The older brother offers to go get the water or something for the younger brother. Zombies start attacking younger brother insists on trying to go out and find the older brother. Random stallion pulls him away telling him it's too late. They reach safety. Meanwhile, the older brother comes back and finds the camp empty, gets scared and goes to check on the younger brother. Finds a zombie in his room and is forced to kill it. Believes he's just killed his brother and is forced to leave in order to survive. The head opposite directions. If they somehow rebuild in the end they could possibly meet up.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13