Vamponies (and other supernatural creatures) 2,765 members · 1,115 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

I asked this at the Monster Mares group so i thought it would only be fair i ask it here too.

So as we all know it is widely agreed upon that Flutterbat is a vampire by most of the community, and even though part of me think's she might be more of a Werebat (due to her transforming at night and focusing on apple's for food), i still have to question of what type of Vampire Flutterbat is, and after a while of thinking about it i have come to the conclusion that she is a type of African vampire known as a Sasabonsam.

Flutterbat actually shares many similarity's to a Sasabonsam, as both of them are bat like vampire's that hang upside down from tree's until they spot a target, at which point they swoop down with there large bat wing's to scoop up there prey and drink them dry. Of course there are still a few differences, as noted before Flutterbat drinks apple juice while the Sasabonsam drinks blood like all vampire's, but it was most likely the only way they could get a vampire on the show.
Another difference is that the Sasabonsam are said to have short and stubby arms (possibly attached to there wing's) while Flutterbat doesn't have this trait.

By the way a fun little thing to note is that the Sasabonsam tends to get mixed up with another African vampire known as the Asanbosam, mainly due to there similar hunting style, though a big difference between them is that the Asanbosam look's mostly human except for there hook like leg's and iron teeth/fangs.

Since she doesn't feast on the life essence of the living, I think she's not a vampire at all, but rather a fruit-bat hybrid.

Well like i said earlier, i personally think she would count more as some type of Werebat (which would fit with your fruit-bat hybrid idea) but most people seem to claim she is a vampire.

From my experience, a good many people tend to say things without actually thinking them through.

True, that is the reason for a good number of misconceptions, like people thinking Medusa is what you call a Gorgon, despite Medusa just being one of three Gorgon's in the myth.

see 'bunicula' for what kind of vampire she is...

oh god tahts a horifying image...angel bunny as a vampire bunny with all buniculas zany powers...

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6