Vamponies (and other supernatural creatures) 2,768 members · 1,115 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

Earlier today I put up a story called Tales of the Unusual which is to become a Tales of the Crypt style series of one shots with Discord taking the role of the Crypt Keeper. After thinking on it more, I figured this project would benefit from having a variety of writing styles involved, and a large pool of ideas. Thus, I want to turn it into a group project. A large group of one shots featuring horror, scifi, and/or just strange and unusual events happening. I think this could be beneficial to some authors that want to promote their work to other authors and other author followings. Each chapter, unless written by me, will include the name of the writer and a link to their page in the author comment section.

As for types of stories to be included, pretty much anything featuring strange or unusual happenings. You can also be human, anthro, or pony for the chapter (I only used the human tag because the first chapter was a human story). However, while dark is perfectly fine, I'd rather not slip into grimdark territory, so please don't go overboard on tragedy or gore. Also, each chapter will feature an intro and outro with Discord. You can write your own or I could write that part after reading your one shot.

Adding this post to this group as well since monster stories would obvious fit in well.

If anyone would like to join in or have any question, you can reply here or message me. One final note, if this is successful, we could give it its own group for the main story and a folder for each contributor.

Here's the story page where the one shots will go here: http://www.fimfiction.net/story/123410/tales-of-the-unusual If this catches on, we could create a new user account just for the sake of these stories.

I wonder if I should... one-shots are never in my mind, but this offer is entertaining.:trixieshiftleft:

It sounds like something I could do! Just got an idea, so it makes sense. Though I'm gonna have to go watch a few tales of the crypt if I'm going to get into it.

1472714 I can get into this.

I'm calling a Scifi featuring Colgate now

Sounds interesting.

Just let me know if/when you complete a one shot to add to it.

InfiniteBrony
Group Admin

This could be fun. I've been looking for an excuse to write some quick little one-shot horror stories.

~Signed, InfiniteBrony

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9