Vamponies (and other supernatural creatures) 2,768 members · 1,115 stories
Comments ( 39 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 39

Zombies x vampires x werewolves

I'm trying to decide which one to write into a story. I can't quite decide which of these three blue collar monsters would incite the most sheer terror into the masses. I'm leaning toward the zombie due their ability to exponentially increase their ranks in a relatively short time and the horrifying brutality they employ, but vamps and wolves have that unseen threat feeling, the kind that makes you avoid dark alleys at night.

Then how would there be any survivors at all? I mean zombies would probably be the only thing left after that 4 way battle, since they could overwhelm all parties with sheer quantity.

5970563 Have them not just attacking the human/ponies but also attacking each other.

As I said only zombies would be left. I need some survivors.

5970561 zombies.... easy to deal with in small numbers, relatively weak. Some types are stronger, but still not all too strong considering they have a easy to exploit weakpoints:applejackunsure:

Vampires.... too many factors to properly get an average:facehoof:

Werewolves.... strong, agile, smart.... they spoopy:rainbowderp:

True true
Still thinking zombos, because of the pandemonium they cause when an outbreak occurs. Nothing says zombie like burning cities filled with mutilated corpses for residents.

Vampires can certainly cause a panic, but most vampires tend to not want to spook their food and so stay hidden, even so the rumour alone can spark a lynch mob of fearful peasants.

Werewolves don't tend to be in control of their actions as is part of the curse of the werewolf. But they can certainly turn a village into a bloodbath if given the chance.

Vampire and werewolves sadly are both fatally weak to anything divine, as are classic zombies, however viral zombie (the type I'm going for) can skip naked through a pit of crosses just fine and all are weak to fire although virals tend to keep going for a bit when set on fire.

5970565 Vampires and Werewolves turn humans/ponies into them too you know.

well yeah true, but they can't outbreed zombies since they turn everything they bite/scratch/bleed on

5970574 true. Viral zombies are the more dangerous variety. Since if the zombies would be ones that something holy would kill in an instant, they would also likely be classified as lesser undead. With vampires being in a higher class than zombies, they could control the zombies.

Though it depends what version of vampires we're talking about.

Same with the werewolves:applejackunsure:

Classic Undead zombies for sure would end up slaves to vampires, but virals aren't technically undead I believe they are classed as a mutation. I could be wrong if the technicality for undead means having no heartbeat then virals are undead but I fear vampires would be unable to control virals either way. As for werewolves they can barely control themselves let alone a horde of moving corpses

5970585 ok.... though werewolves are classed as great beasts. So they can't control ANY undead.

Magical undead(zombies made with magic involved in the creation)and Bio undead (undead made by biological means without magic or so little magic altering biolocal means that they cannot be considered magical undead).
Are those classifications accurate enough?:rainbowhuh:

Got it. Vampires can control magical undead but virals would eat them

So would both type of zombie have great strength and unending stamina?

5970583 I think the difference in strength will mitigate that advantage 1 vampire or werewolf is worth 100 zombies. Zombies are really slow as well.

Ah I see. So would you say the zombies greatest asset is the ability to overwhelm in staggering numbers. Also as an individual, that it has unending stamina and the fact it is able to move until it's head is destroyed. It's easy for zombie hordes to form in the tens of thousands easily able to tear apart a lone vampire or even a small group of them.

5970598 Vampires can fly , Zombies can't and werewolves are incredibly fast and travel in large packs. Zombies are slow.

5970596 depends. Some have, some don't. Virals have that by default tjough strenght can vary greatly, but with magical undead it might depend on how the spell/magic works:applejackunsure:

So virals are the more dangerous due to the amount of variations, and since virals are biologically created could they potentially infect werewolves who are half human/ponies and still living, breathing creatures? I ask because I've seen many movies/games where the virals infect birds, dogs, cat, etc.

Depends. Viral zombies can be quite fast and run forever because their senses (nerve system) are dead so they feel no pain whatsoever and by extension no muscle burn. They can be torn completely in half and still keep right on moving like it was nothing.

Zombies can number in the tens of thousands in any one place. Vampires might be able to fly and get away but werewolves would have a tougher time depending on how many zombies are in the area around them.

5970608 Vampires can control the weather and Werewolves have supernatural speed as do Vampires easily moving many times faster than the fastest zombies.

5970606 yes, but it would be very hard. Werewolves likely have a heightened immune system that actively rejects stuff like that. Only a particularly aggressive and strong viral zombie disease/virus would have a chance to infect a werewolf. And that is if the zombies would even manage to get through the thick, strong hide and fur. Or even get close enough without being torn to shreds:applejackunsure:

Yeah I get that and I agree I'm stating that,

1 werewolf/vampire cannot overcome direct assut from 1000+ zombies. Strength in numbers and all that.

Zombified werewolves scary thought! well I think a viral could take down a werewolf provided they outnumber said werewolf to an unfair degree. The more zombos the higher the chance of achieving infection especially if multiple bites occur.

Sadly zombos have little to no reason to attack the already dead vampire.

Just so we're clear I'm thinking of resident evil style virals.

5970561 Zombies are slow and weak, Vampires are weak to sunlight, garlic, etc., and Werewolves' only weakness is silver. I think the answer is obvious.

It really depends on what kind of fear you're going for. Also, there are a dozen ways you could do each of those three. Vampires are a sadistic kind of evil. They're cunning chessmasters that play for the long game. They also have a creep factor that often comes with their twisted eccentricities. Werewolves are pure savage brutality - the predators that will stalk you through the forest and rip you limb from limb. Zombies on the other hand would be persistence hunters. The terror comes from no matter what you do they just... keep... coming. You can keep cutting them down, but their numbers are virtually limitless. You can fortify yourself in a building, but how long would it take for their sheer numbers to break down the door and leave you with nowhere to run?

5970561 If you're having trouble picking between these three...
Why not disregard all current options and pick a different monster altogether?

Not that I actually have any suggestions, I'm incredibly unimaginative.
...maybe some kind of otherworldly beings?
I don't know.

5970561 could go with something different, like lamia, or something else that not a werewolf or vampire, do some research on other monster archtype out there, maybe something with tentacles......

how about the Zombie from the anime "Is This a Zombie?"

What about werevamp zombies lul.

Anyways, it could be a village full of vampires that gets blood from the crown or church secretly, or they could be the church. The rituals could even be cultural then you could put a love-craftian air to it because of ignorance of the narrator. You gotta do something a-typical. Perhaps outer gods or stuff they worship causes the vampirism and normals are a second class of individual involved in ritual sacrifice and stuff, and its just their normal culture.

Then an outsider comes in, the protagonist. Think of all ways for internal conflict to happen and do it. Like, they are trying to liberate the people, who don't believe they can or should be liberated, then you end up turning into a vampire and have emotional turmoil because you think its immoral.

Then they decide to kill the elder gods or the like, in order to end vampirism. But the only ones willing or capable to help you are vampires themselves, so you set them up unwittingly to kill their own gods, which gives your friends turmoil and causes more inner conflict.

Come on Werewolves and Vampires are cooler then Zombies will ever be!:derpytongue2:

5970561 Werewolves easily I Mean their silent night killers that if you survive you become one too.
Actually now that I think about it Vampires are basically the same but with most werewolves you can't control yourself.
Yeah Werewolves Win!

But zombie always have cooler theme music and intro sequences! While yes aesthetically vampire and werewolves are cooler.

What? Like ghost rider?:trollestia:

Yeah, but I feel it could be a bit unfair since the T-virus attacks all life, none are immune to it (save for those with plot armour). It aggressively mutates every cell in its infected host down to the atomic level.

5971218 Angels & Demons? :trixieshiftright:
Why not?

5971236 then what version of the zombie virus are you speaking about?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 39