Vamponies (and other supernatural creatures) 2,768 members · 1,115 stories
Comments ( 24 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 24

When i think vamponies in MLP, i think of ponies with a fusion of dark magic and blood magic that have turned them into a vampire like creature. They are beatiful, but in a strange way, but have blood red eyes that glow slightly red and are slitted like a dragon. They have the strength to tear steel, and have an increased sense of healing. They can move up to speeds of 60 miles a hour, and are immortal. Their senses are enhanced and and they can easily hear a heartbeet at 15 feet. The sun burns them in varying degrees. For the elder vampires, their skin sparkles for up to 10 seconds, which isn't pussy Twilight shit: It's their cells individually starting to overheat and pop. Then, for the next 25 seconds, they're skin starts to smoke and forms third to second degree burns. Then, for the last 30 seconds of their life, they burst into flames and probably run like a chicken with it's head cut off and start screaming. Garlic and silver weaken them and slightly cause their skin to burn on contact. Garlic doesn't neccesarily weaken them, but it smells and tastes horrible to them. That's my take on them. You also don't need a stake, you either just deal so much damage their healing can't keep up with it, or stab them in their heart with some sort of object if their a younger vampire. If there an elder, lets just say you should bring some molotovs, a shotgun, and MANY shells.

Interesting.

1340499 *causally writes this down for future use...*

ok the skin may sparkle, but the thing is just the ponies have fur and that is why the skin can not be seen.:twistnerd:
And again beats the logic Twilight(not the pony):twilightsmile:

Heh. This is pretty much how I see vampires too. I made my first OC Red Storm in my story a psuedo-vampire. He was born of blood magic and his abilities grow upon consuming blood, and wane when he hungers. Right after consuming any quantity of blood his eyes form slits and become blood red. He gains an increased strength, speed, perception, endurance and healing factor proportionate to the amount consumed. He can also drink his own blood, which is even more potent. It takes several minutes for his eyes to return to normal after feeding, allowing him to blend in while his "powers" can remain for weeks after, slowly weakening until he is "mortal" again. If he feeds regularly his youth will be retained essentially making him immortal. However, he is not truely a vampire, but a product of blood magic, so garlic, silver, and sunlight do not affect him. This also means though, that he can be killed should he suffer enough truama like a normal pony. That's about it. :pinkiehappy:

I prefer my vamponies with a more Dracula set of skills - Sun isn't lethal, but is debilitating and will leave them very weak and helpless, and thus easy prey to a hunter.

1340728 *nods slowly* Alright.

That's how I go with my vampire Femme when it comes to garlic. Her nose is overly sensitive to it and it makes her gag. I get the same reaction with coleslaw.

Yeah, I see that going for most vampires too. Possibly how intense the sunlight is affects how weakened they are and if it's really intense it can burn them to death.

1340847 That's how I did it in my story - Slowly drains them of power over time, and can eventually be lethal if they remain out in the open for too long.

They don't have to be nocturnal, but it is just the preferred time for them to be up.

Makes it easier to deal with the sun after all. I also bet they're worshipers of Nightmare Moon because of the whole eternal night shtick.

1340889 Actually no, they don't worship Nightmare Moon. They are smart enough to know that eternal night will result in their own deaths, when their food sources die off. Vamponies need blood from mortal ponies to survive, mortal ponies need food to live, plants need sun to grow. Therefore, they need the sun.

One group works for Celestia as enforcers among the supernatural community, while the other group is trying to bring around eternal...:pinkiegasp: Oops, I've said too much already.

1340940 So pretty much my exact same vampony idea, except with a set of different sun physics?

Unless they have a plan to keep their food alive for a harvest or something.

1341125 Blood for the blood god? And RP using these Vampony rules, and free game on all other Supers?

Uh... sure?

1341142 Yeah. I like W40k.

Pretty sure these forums aren't here to RP.:twilightsheepish:

1341188 Oh. Well THERE IS one. The Supernatural RP Group.

1341213 Yep. On FIMfiction.

That is much of my take on them as well. Some sort of being of the night that are usually feared and/or misunderstood. I usually like when writers take away the pure black or white and shift to more gray of the moral compass. A main character that is either so evil they are completely unredeemable or one that is so good they cannot be corrupted seems pretty flat to me. It is the struggle that makes for an interesting story in my opinion. I believe that is why I was drawn to the vamponies in the first place.

Nice take.

I do things completely differently though simply because I enjoy making stuff up.

My take on the vampony isn't a take on the vampony at all! I completely tore the idea apart!

What I did was combine the concept of *insert creature here*thropy and vampirism and say that it was a magical curse cause by mortals attempting to harness the primal power of the fire demon/ god of the hunt Ifrit.

-They are immortal. The older they are the closer to an elderitch abomination they become.
- Sunlight isn't lethal and doesn't bother all of them, some may favor nocturnal creatures and be debilitated, but that's usually a problem the younger ones have. Sunlight however is painful to any whose power is tied heavily to the night.
- Anime rules when it comes to abilities. Training increases skill and power, there pretty much is no limit. Their natural powers are a beast transformation and higher natural attributes plus the ability to learn magic (unicorn or not)
- they aren't weak to silver or garlic. Crystals and gems take their place because their structure is suited to draining and storing magic.

1343022 ELDRITCH ABOMINATION YOU SAY? SOMEONE, GET THE CTHULU TEAM ON THE LINE.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 24