Twilight and Spike 965 members · 2,223 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13

I LIVE!

Hello friends! This threads purpose is to inform y'all that a week from now [Today's date:(4/12/2017), Start date:(4/19/2017)] The "Twilight and Spike Writing Contest" will officially begin!!! Woot!:pinkiehappy:

There will be No word limit. We just ask that the story be completed upon submission to the proper folder

The submission window will end in two months time, meaning the end date to turn in your submissions will be (6/19/17) So there will be plenty of time to write and edit your awesome story!:twilightsmile:

Now! arguably the most important part in a contest, THE PRIZES!

1st place -- $40 sent through paypal!
2nd place -- Coverart for the authors story!
3rd place -- $10 sent through paypal

(outta my own pocket...:fluttercry:

Upon submission to the proper folder, the story will be reviewed by, and discussed between the judges of the twilight and spike writing contest. Stories will be evaluated through their grammar, pacing, characterization, and other important literary elements and techniques.

Any genre of story will be acceptable. Romance, action adventure, mystery, and even clop. Stories will be judged on their execution, and quality; they will not be judged by their content.

Finally, the prompt for the writing contest. The prompt for the "Twilight and Spike Writing Competition" is:

ARGUMENT

This image does not represent, nor does it have to, the prompt of the contest. I just really like it.

The prompt is argument, but, it doesn't mean that Twilight and Spike have to be the ones arguing. An argument between twilight and another character can lead to thoughts about her treatment of her closest friend. A confrontation between Spike and Thorax can lead to him and Twilight having a cuddle over discussions on how to save his friendship. heck, even a fic where they're scrambling up a capsizing fishing boat and fighting over a rifle as Sharktavia circles for the final kill is an acceptable entry, As long as Twilight Sparkle and Spike are the main focus and the Prompt is used in the story.

If anybody is interested in adding to the winners pool, send me a PM and I will edit this thread to accommodate.

IMPORTANT INFO!

Start date:(4/19/2017)

No word limit.

story must be completed upon submission to the proper folder

The submission window will end in two months time, meaning the end date to turn in your submissions will be (6/19/17)

The prompt for the "Twilight and Spike Writing Competition" is:

ARGUMENT

If there are any questions, comments, or concerns, please, post below! Lets have fun and make this an awesome contest friends!!!:pinkiesmile:

heck, even a fic where they're scrambling up a capsizing fishing boat and fighting over a rifle as Sharktavia circles for the final kill is an acceptable entry,

:rainbowlaugh: That sounds hilarious! And I love that argument image! That's hilarious too! Is it all right if we add the story to other groups? Can we do more than one story? Also, what if you don't have a PayPal account? What then? I think my only gripe with this contest is the prompt: argument. That"s going to be hard to do in terms of believability. Still, really looking forward to it!

Well this will be interesting...

5903591 more power to you brother. It's your story. As for the PayPal account dilemma, you have two months to make an account! And I made the prompt argument Instead of open because we actually don't get many first where twilight and spike argue. They don't get into fights. So this'll be extremely interesting!:ajsmug:

5903797 I did have a PayPal account, but my folks made me close it, so I doubt they'd agree to let me open another one just for this contest. Still competing, though.

5903967 hmm, well if you do win with the single most awesome story, I will swear fealty to you, and smite all the toddlers in the playground in your name! hows that sound?:twilightsmile:

5903969 :rainbowlaugh: I highly doubt I'll win, but thanks anyway.

Let's do it boys and girls.

5903016 So I have a question. So I am not a big fan of ships and personally I like to view Twilight and Spike as siblings/teacher and student. Therefore can I still write a story for this contest?

5913990 please do it. The main theme of the contest is the bond between twilight and spike. Whether they be mother and son, teacher and student, best friends or lovers. It does not have to be romance! If you have any other questions, don't hesitate brother! Hope I helped!:ajsmug:

5913992 Ok. I'll try to see if I can come up with something. It might be a bit difficult as my college work has been keeping me busy.

5913996 it's fine! Priorities bro!:raritywink:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13