Twilight and Spike 965 members · 2,223 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12

So, got a question for all of you. Do you think Spike considers Twilight to be his adoptive mother, or his adoptive sister?

I think he sees her as his sister for reasons I will explain.

So you remember the "Winter Wrap Up Day" episode. Well, when Twilight was waking Spike up, he said the following, "Huh, Mommy........ You're not mommy."

Now this could mean a number of things, but I think it's this reason is the most believable for me. Because Twilight was still very young when she first hatched Spike, she would still be living under her parents roof. So, my line of thinking is Spike see's Twilight Velvet/Velvet Sparkle as his mother and Night Light Sparkle as his dad, and Shining Armor as his big brother, so he sees Twilight as his big sister.

But what are your thoughts? I'd like to hear what you say about the relationship between Twilight and Spike.

5642512 I think technically Twilight is the closest thing Spike has to a mother, but at the time he made that comment he didn't see her as one.

5642524 Well, I just feel at a particular time in his young life, Velvet had to help take care of Spike, and for all those years living under their roof, I think that Spike would see her more as a mother then Twilight. But I will admit that there are a lot of elements that do point towards Twilight being Spikes motherly figure.

5642572 Plus Celestia and Cadence likely spent time helping raise him too while he was in Canterlot. But once he and Twilight moved to Ponyville and stayed there, in time I think he sort of gradually got used to seeing Twilight as a motherly figure.

Well that's the beauty part of fiction:

Anything goes...

Thus, when I looked at his line... I came up with a conclusion that Spike inherently feels that Twilight is his mother (due to her hatching him and she is the first imprint of him) but a part of him feels shy in telling her that... that's how in fics I write when Spike comes out, it's more feels-worthy...

In other words, I believe in Mama Twilight for Spike

I'm for momlestia for spike.
Twilight and spikes relationship, the best way I've heard it put..."she's his big one and he's her little one"... *sniff* I miss that goof ball of a crow.:applecry:

im kinda split myself. we don't know much about there past together i mean there was that IDW comic but that may or may not be canon.

In my personal opinion and fandom the relationship between Twilight and Spike is very unique.

Spike has no blood relatives in the show so it is understandable that he would feel lonely and want to reach out. The thought of Twilight as Spike having a mother/son relationship seems too much.

So you remember the "Winter Wrap Up Day" episode. Well, when Twilight was waking Spike up, he said the following, "Huh, Mommy........ You're not mommy."

The most obvious piece of evidence I have ever heard. Also Twilight never seemed friendly in her flash backs during the Amending Fences episode and even Spike said she was best known as being a bad friend. And she was a foal when she hatched Spike so I can't see her taking the role of his mother.

While Spike has said "That's what I'm here for, sister" he does not constantly refer to her as such. When I think of sisterly relationship I think of the CMC and their older sisters. Spike and Twilight not so much. Not quite as affectionate and fussy.

In my opinion I believe that sister/ brother or mother/ son doesn't fit. Spike considers her as family, they are best friends and they do care deeply for each other. While family means a group of people who are related to each other, Spike loves her all the same. Family sounds just right.

Firebrand did a pretty good video about their relationship. I think he sums it up better than I could.

she's his teacher, mother, sister, secret lover....

5644076 His video does make a lot of sense, but it does also point towards why I think Spike considers Twilight to be like a big sister to him.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12