The GREAT and POWERFUL TRIXIE 1,058 members · 899 stories
Comments ( 24 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 24

According to the book 'Crystal Heart Spell' which has been licensed by Hasbro and read publicly by Tara Strong and Meghan McCarthy.

The book takes place after the S3 finale and Trixie and Gilda inexplicably team up and try to convince Twilight's friends that she neither needs nor wants them anymore since she's an Alicorn Princess.

Implying that Trixie's redemption/apology scene at the end of 'Magic Duel' was nothing more than fan service...

I'm not sure how I'm supposed to feel about this...

:unsuresweetie:

The book... is dubious as to canon, IMHO.

1813635 I'm assuming what follows is Twilight's friends teaming up to take down Twilight, then they have to save her from Trixie and Gilda?

I dunno, but it sounds like it might happen.

Probably.

Also, THANK GOD TRIXIE'S STILL EVIL!

1813635 Sorry, can't hear you over me refusing to accept any other story material not referenced in the show to prove it's authenticity. :pinkiecrazy:

So what was the point of the final scene in 'Magic Duel' story-wise?

:rainbowhuh:

1813635 If it doesn't happen on the show, it doesn't matter. A fandom can't be expected to take all of that extraneous stuff seriously. It's like the expanded Star Wars universe. I don't care how popular Thrawn was. He was never in the movie and therefore doesn't actually exists.

Sadly, Jar Jar does...

1813653 Trixie lying, of course! I knew she would never apologize like that, I mean, COME ON! It would be sooooo lame if Trixie just did that. It's part of the reason why she's one of my story line's main villains!

I'm always evil sweety. Being bad is just too fun.
If you really want to know, Trixie would admit that she went a little over board by enslaving the whole town of Ponyvile, and for that she is sorry. However, Snarkle is my arch enemy, and that is just how it is going to be.

I agree. Until it has aired on television, I don't count it.

1813716 Yup. I mean I will accept other material as canon on SOMETHINGS, but only if they make sense. Cadence originally being a pegasus? Yeah I could buy that given what we know of how Alicornization works aside from being born as such, which is confirmed by Lauren when she worked on the show. Basically they haven't said it, but they haven't given me reason to not believe it either.

This thing with Trixie on the other hand? Look she had a clear moment of redemption and went out of her way to APOLOGIZE. Sure she did it in the most egotistical way possible, but it's the thought that counts.

I could buy Gilda doing this, mainly as a means to get Rainbow Dash to ditch her "lame-o" friends, but Trixie? No not really at this point. Unless she comes back as evil in season 4 then I'll believe it.

Sorry, but unless it's part of the actual TV show, I refuse to accept it as canon...:twilightangry2:

YOU CAN'T MAKE ME ACCEPT IT AS CANON!!!:flutterrage:

1813641 1813647 1813652 1813668 1813669 1813670 1813694 1813716 1813719 1813791

My associates and I have come to the conclusion that due to inconsistencies with location distances in the show and the apparent lack of research the author has done on the majority of Season 3 (or just plain lazy writing) that the book is NOT canon.

After all, if she didn't care enough to make Trixie a three-dimensional character and EXPLAIN her shift from 'Magic Duel' or why the two were hanging around Sweet Apple Acres, then why should we?

:rainbowhuh:

1813895 That's the spirit! Don't let horribly written, expanded universe materials ruin your day!

WE WILL NOT BE OPPRESSED BY THE TYRANNY OF ILLOGICAL COLORING BOOKS AND TOY PACKAGING!

1813674 I reject your canon and substitute my own!

She seemed genuinely apologetic at the end of Magic Duel. Besides, a book that's just part of an expanded universe is never canon. Which is a pity, because in Star Wars, Thrawn, who was a total badass, is nothing more then a fan-created character, while the totally annoying Jar Jar Binks is officially canon.:pinkiesick:

Don't let it get to you. You can ignore it if you want. And, you know, sometimes character development is like that -- two steps forward, one step back. Even in real life.

1813964 Well, it's your opinion. Think what you want! I don't judge. I honestly think though having Trixie come back as the villain would be a great plot twist!

1814210 :trixieshiftright: Sorry, but The Great and Powerful Trixie has already struck out twice in that area, and she is all too aware of the penalty for a third defeat.

Besides, at this point, it would be far too cliche for that sort of thing to happen again.

The book was written without any knowledge of what happens in S3 save for Twilight becoming a Princess. Therefore, the only stuff from it that can really be considered canon are Twilight's Princesshood and Cadance's backstory.

Also, 'evil again'? I fail to remember a time she was ever 'evil' save for when her mind was being corrupted :P

1815749 Yeah, that too. About 85% of all the bad crap in Boast Busters was the Mane Six's fault!

1813635 Well, in the comics it's shown that she's good, and the comics are considered canon as well...

fuck this is confusing :applejackconfused:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 24