The GREAT and POWERFUL TRIXIE 1,058 members · 899 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

The Amulet has been shown to dramatically increase one's magical prowess-almost like a steroid for unicorns-does anyone believe that it would be possibly that after excessive use as shown in 'Magic Duel' one would suffer from withdrawals from suddenly quitting cold turkey from using it?

1712462 You end up with a wicked hangover.

1712462 I definitely would foresee some major withdrawal symptoms after losing that kind of power. Let's face it, Trixie was pretty much on god-mode the entire episode and I could easily see her hold up somewhere rocking in the fetal position wanting it back for a while until the residual effects wear off.

I said it many times. You can't use something like the Alicorn Amulet without there being side effects. Even after taking it off.

I could totally see that.

Like drugs, it affected her brain, yes?
Well, perhaps a withdraw of it will cause a 'need' for it and continuous use would cause severe tissue damage.

Based off what I know of the show, unicorns use their magic due to inner abilities. Ergo, possible issues with her future use of magic, most likely weaker or completely gone for a time afterward. Alas, the latter was proven false as we see Trixie use her magic to liven Twilight's show at the end.

I propose that she will have issues in the future with her magic.

1712462 Not physical, but maybe mental, like a dependency or just downright being power hungry.

We also don't know everything about the Amulet, so it could very well posses the wearer, which would make a mental dependency all the more likely.

1712462 Another possible aftereffect would be damaging the user. The unicorn body is not capable of wielding so much power, so without the amulet, the former user now finds her ability to use magic impeded. Significantly or totally, temporarily or permanently. Twilight Sparkle helping Trixie recover would make an interesting story.

Welllll, I could actually easily imagine the GandPT getting majorly fucked up, psychologically from the whole affair.

Irregardless of any other effects, it can't be easy to slowly become a sadistic monster, through basically no decision of your own. I could see all sorts of nightmares, and a lot of self-loathing. Especially for a mare as proud as Trixie, who was basically just helpless to stop from being screwed with.

Lingering cravings and temptation wouldn't be unthematic. Pretty much take a page from Lord of the Rings, One-Ring-style. With a lifetime of wanting the damned thing back. A sort of constant craving at the back of the mind telling you that you're never going to be complete without it.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8