Equestria Daily Rejects 270 members · 307 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15
TalB #1 · Feb 15th, 2023 · · 2 ·

Once again Equestria Daily doesn't pick my fanfic that I submitted for Cadance and Shinning Armor Day known as Megan Babysits Flurry Heart. I'm starting to wonder if they really don't want any fanfics that are done by me. Then again, it's not as if my fanfics get a love here either. Also, I think when they say that they will put it up for review, that's pretty much their way of saying no. Who am I kidding here? There's probably more of a chance of seeing Hamas renounce terrorism and accepting Israel as a Jewish state before Equestria Daily puts up one of my fanfics. Meanwhile, I heard that it wasn't just Flurry Heart that felt sad for me not making, but also Cadance and Shinning Armor felt that way as well.

I feel ya though. Sometimes stories involving me and my transformations don't get accepted. :/

My Sister in Celestia,

1. No one likes Megan
  2. Your dialogue lacks realism
  3. Your plots lack complexity
  4. Your mechanics, particularly punctuation around dialogue, are incorrect

Hone your craft. Expand your palette. Then try EqD again.

I thought since you post there, you would have more leverage of getting your fanfics placed there.

It feels like everyone is a critic these days and some just set the bar so high, they are impossible to please. Now I know how certain politicians always feel whenever they are trying to please their critics as if they always feel as if they are in a lose-lose situation no matter what they end up doing. BTW, I have seen Equestria Daily take fanfics here that involve humans in them, and I can still remember when they took a Megan fic such as Demon Slayer or even History Repeats. Therefore, your claim that nobody likes Megan tends to be false. However, part of the reason I have her in my fanfics is because I always felt that it was a missed opportunity to not have her in the show. BTW, my latest fanfic known as "Unexpected Arrival" actually gives that very lost introduction to what it would have been like if she did appear in the show itself. As a matter of fact, some of my next fanfics will be reimagined episodes to what the show would have been like if she did appear in it. Other times, I just wished there was more for Megan than just being there originally to get those used to the franchise and then dump her once that generation was over, which may explain why the idea for human companions was never brought up again for MLP, but this is mostly me saying this. In all honesty, I wish Hasbro didn't do EG and just brought human companions instead and let the ponies stay ponies, plus I always found the fanart humanizations to be a lot better especially since they looked more realistic in having the same skin tones we have in real life. Overall, whenever I hear someone slamming my fanfics, I do feel sort of hurt on the inside, because hearing that does make me as if I had wasted my time after all the hard work, I put into them and I feel as if I should just delete them in that matter, which I'm lucky enough not to do. Still, I wish there was more love for the fanfics I make, but that is never the case be it trying to submit for Equestria Daily or even here as well.

7802863 Now, I will say that while you might be a bit defensive about the Megan part, I wouldn't disregard his whole message. It might be good for you to practice working with dialogue and plot. :pinkiesmile:

The important part of my comment was, "Hone your craft."

Sometimes, this can be seen as a loose interpretation depending on who is viewing it. If there were those who have placed my fanfics into either "Favorites" or "Read it Later", then I must have been doing something right. I will admit that writing and even English was never my strong subject. More importantly, it did take a lot of thinking to make fanfics that I have done not to mention make them feel original especially since there have already a good number of Megan fanfics before I showed up. Another thing is that I was surprised that I even outdid myself in making that "Return of Megan Williams Series" 16 fanfics when I though it wasn't going to be that much, plus I even got two with G5 characters as well. The one I did recently known as "Unexpected Arrival" gives the idea of what her introduction would have been like, and it would have been a rebooted character altogether, because I know that if it were to happen, it would definitely not be the one we knew from G1. Even that one took a lot of thought as some of my next fanfics will be reimagined episodes if she was to appear in them. Nonetheless, it would have been nice if Equestria Daily did place some of my fanfics, and they always seem to snub me whenever I submit them for certain theme days. Seeing that I'm never picked makes me wonder if my fanfics really the worst are, and seeing some of those posts sort of makes shows that even here, my fanfics have little to no love. Other times I just wish a good number of my fanfics were more than just fads, which may explain why so many of them never resonate when even others that are left incomplete are liked more than mine.

I guess overall, my fanfics really are the worst, which is why they never pick them.

I repeat myself, but:

Hone your craft.

I wrote over a million words of fiction before I ever heard of ponies, and I still learn something, find some way to improve, find something new to try, with every story I write.

Work hard. Study theory. Read good writers. Improve.

Hone your craft.

It's just that when you say them, you sound sort of vague. What exactly do you mean by a dialogue lacking complexity? Better yet, what is meant by a plot that lacks complexity? In reality, these can be interpreted as anything depending on who is looking at it. For some reason, there are those who have such high standards that almost nothing can please them. More importantly, I don't know why some try to treat fanfics as if they were some sort of novel when they really aren't. Just say that you think I write the worst fanfics, because that's what I believe that you're really saying here.

I just want to say this to clear things up. It would be nice if Equestria Daily at one point would take some of my fanfics, but it seems to never be the case. For some reason it feels as if getting your fanfic picked is almost as the same as trying to get enrolled into an Ivy League college where you couldn't get in unless you are some sort of special prodigy or a legacy. Unfortunately. it feels as if mine are never what they are looking for. Even here I feel as if I get snubbed as well, plus most don't seem to know about my fanfics until I mention them sort of like the WNBA as they tend to be nothing more than fads for the first few days and then end up being almost forgotten. More importantly, I do put a lot of work and thought into my fanfics and some of them take me almost a week to do mainly because I tend to get tired or got stuck while doing part of them. From my perspective hearing some of those things doesn't just make me feel as if I wasted my time on them, but also that some tend to act like snobs, but this is mainly from my point of view. Overall, hearing some of these things does make me feel that my fanfics really are among the worst as it tends to lower my self-esteem on that. Also, it would have been nice if they did pick my latest submission after all the bad news I have been getting and this one good news would have turned it around. Other times, I make these threads here is because I could use a little vindication after feeling snubbed to make me feel better, though it seems as if some of you are just making me feel worse by adding insult to injury.

I heard that Twilight was feeling very sad when she found out that none of my fanfics involving her didn't get placed on Equestria Daily and she did ask for Megan to come over and comfort her, but even she is said as well seeing that almost no fanfic involving her ever makes the cut.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15