Followers of Discord 3,186 members · 2,749 stories
Comments ( 22 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 22

He’s so confusing, I think he’s either a young adult due to being trapped in stone for so long so he probably stopped aging and I’m sure that prevents aging since I know Cozy Glow won’t be aging any time soon. 1,000 years old or ageless since he said he’s a Spirit Of Chaos and I think spirits are ageless, I ask this because I wanna make sure I can ship him with other characters without it being considered pedophillia as it goes against my morals to do that sort of thing.

My headcanon is he was around for almost as long as the planet was, a bit like the Old Gods of Lovecraftian legend and was vanquished by the alicorns who came to establish order over the chaos that ruled below. This is also why so many of the planet's species are a blending of different species types (flyders, to cite a canon example). They were products of Discord's chaos itself.

All you have to do is not pair him with canon children to avoid pedophilia.
That's it. Its that simple.

He's probably somewhere from a real fucking geezer to an absolute fossil.

personally I think discord as ageless, he lived as long as chaos existed and will live as such, and so will do alicorns, living as long as their elements will be, the difference being an alicorn is birth while discord simply appeared.
also for the pedophilia thing, and about the pedophilia thing, it's only my personal view about it but for me, the heart don't choose knowing the age, only what he think is beautiful, or cool in rainbow dash's case. just don't go into clop or else people mght get ideas

Okay that’s fair, yeah I don’t write clop anyway, it’s not my style.

some may disagree with it but I think bronies are usually enough open minded to accept discord and a colt/fily to be in love

Excuse me I need to barf at the thought of Discord dating a filly.(I’m kidding of course but still ew.)

never said it was realistic or even possible, just that it would be taken one of our many strange ships

Just pair him with someone at legal age, as he's most certainly older than any of the ponies by a large margin.

Oh that´s it well then thank you for the assistance.

Depending on your interpretation of the comics, he's known people as far back as the dinosaur ages, so he could be millions of years old. Then again, nothing stops him from simply having time-traveled there. One of the chapter books calls him "thousands" of years old. So, without the comics, he's bare minimum 2000 years old.

Okay good guess, I figured I´d ask because I´m a bit paranoid about shipping because I´m Catholic and I have a massive morality issue, it factors into shipping I make an exception for interspecies relationships between animals in cartoons because they´re talking animals who act like humans so I can be a bit unrealistic with shipping characters, but I have my limits and human x animal, pedophillia and incest are some of them because I hate those types of pairings in cartoons and real life, that´s why I ask this question. Sorry if I got a bit personal there I figured I should give an explanation.

The show said centuries so, I have reason to believe he’s ageless also.

So if I were to pair him with let’s say Fluttershy would it be okay?

So I can pair him with anybody I want? I mean he does seem like a young adult.

ya, they are basically canon anyways

Well the show staff did say it was against pedophillia so yeah maybe it is okay to ship them.

Who knows? He's one of the villains who hasn't been given an origin, in both the show and the comics.

What is the definition of pedophillia again? I believe you but I wanna make sure you're right.

A Pedophile is someone sexually attracted to children.
Pedophilia pertains to sexual relationships involving children and adults.

Ah so Discord being attracted to Fluttershy would be okay then because she’s an adult. Thank you for the clarification.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 22