Followers of Discord 3,184 members · 2,752 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

How active is this group anyway?

Well regardless...

Discord is insanely powerful and can pretty much just do what he wants with a snap of his fingers. This can be troubling for authors who want him in the 'goof guy' role because... what kind of villain do you pit him against without him just fixing things instantly.

Anyway ideas? :unsuresweetie:

1134554 A villain that can trick and manipulate the 6 into having no choice but imprisoning him in stone again.

1134554 A smarter villain, one who exploits the loopholes within the loopholes that Discord himself exploits. :D

1134554 have his power striped from him and then he goes on a quest to regain in a race agents time

The problem isn't the villain, what you need to work with is Discord.

He may be good (or more like neutral) but that doesn't mean he's instantly helpful and efficient when faced with a challenge. He is playful and arrogant so you can use those against him. You know, the same way heroes defeat impossibly difficult villains (like Discord himself) because the villain is so overconfident that s/he just doesn't take the threat seriously. But in this case it'd be the hero, Discord, who doesn't take the villain seriously at all because he knows he could win very easily. So he just plays around and instead of fixing the actual problem he just fixes the immediate threats when they happen to bother him enough. When he does attempt to fight the villain (because other press him to do that or because the villain is annoying enough or because he actually feels like doing a good deed) he just pretty much tosses a pebble at him and thinks the job is done with that when actually one would need to toss a mountain.

"How was I supposed to know that he would be able to handle it? You mortals usually break when I as much as breathe in your direction!"

Wow! You guys are much smarter than me XDD

and 1134874 that's actually a very good point :derpytongue2: I want to write Discord so he's still a trickster and not exactly the most reliable guy. Even reformed I see him as kind still being self centered and a bit of a pain, so I'll definitely keep in mind what you said. That may be a good driving force in a story.

Any-one else got something? :pinkiehappy:

1135755 I think it's pretty obvious. I can totally see discord as a chaotic good character, but as 1134874 said, he can get pretty overconfident...

In a brawl: Himself (subconscious, alternative reality, time travel, etc), disadvantage terrain (inside somepony dream/mind when that pony can also control everything, a place of pure order/harmony, a magic forbidden zone, etc), somebody mightier (other than corrupted elements I have nothing) or while depowered.
In a mental challenge: his own immortality compared to the others, a riddle he cannot answer or redemption.

Someone who either attacks him indirectly by targeting things and people around him in a mysterious way (he can't help if he doesn't know what exactly is wrong or where someone is), or someone who is on the same level of power as he is but not necessarily another reality warper.

Another choice is making Discord not as powerful in the story as he is in the show. Some snobs might complain, but you've gotta take whatever measures to make your story work.

The biggest opponent in a Discord story should be himself. No matter what form the villain takes, it should be Discord's own personality flaws that stand in his way of helping.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11