• Published 25th Apr 2013
  • 1,288 Views, 26 Comments

My Little Pony: CardFighting is Magic - PuckDaFolice



Twilight Sparkle and the rest of the Mane 6 discover a new hobby for them to delve in, "Cardfight!! Vanguard". Watch as they try to best each other in this story, and blah, blah, blah, Friendship is Magic.

  • ...
2
 26
 1,288

[01] Just Your Average Morning

Just Your Average Morning

"Another perfectly normal day in Ponyville!" exclaimed Twilight Sparkle, arching her back much like a cat. She briefly looked around, noticing everything in place, just like always. She hopped off of her bed and directed her snout at a bundle covered by a blanket. "It's time to get up, Spike! Breakfast won't cook itself you know!" Twilight giggled, perfectly knowing she could cast a spell to do just that. But she didn't. Evil, I know. The bundle moved, but not enough to satisfy Twilight the Evil One. She readied her horn, pointing it at the makeshift bed. A sudden magenta flash covered the blanket. Twilight grinned, continuing her magical assault, causing the blanket to dissipate after a moment. With the blanket gone, all that's left was a sleeping purple baby dragon known as Spike. Twilight nudged him again.

" *mumble* 5 more minutes! *mumble* " Twilight had managed to elicit a response, but it still wasn't enough.

Twilight grinned, a plan formulating in her mind. "Oh Spiiike!" Twilight coaxed in a sing-song voice, "I think somepony's at the door! Maybe it's Rarity?" Spike immediately jerked forwards, wide awake.

" *mumble* H'uh? R-rarity?" Spike asked, wiping away the sandman from his eyes.

Twilight nodded. Turning around so Spike wouldn't see her mouth, she cried out "Oh I wonder what's taking Spikey Wikey so long! I am dreadfully in need of breakfast!" mimicking her alabaster friend known as Rarity. Spike suddenly sped out of the room, almost leaping off the staircase.

"I'm coming, oh most beautiful one!" Spike called out.


"I can't believe you lied to me, Twilight" Spike frowned, a forlorn look plastered on his face. Twilight levitated a mug of coffee and sipped it gingerly. As she finished drinking her beverage, she placed the cup on an oaken table.

Twilight cleared her throat "Well Spike, how else could I have woken you up?"

Spike looked up from his plate of freshly baked haycakes. "How about a way that didn't involve my heart being shattered into tiny rubies?" Spike sniffed.

Twilight squealed inwardly, Spike looked so adorable when he was heartbroken! In fact, he always does look cute with whatever he did. Except the time times Twilight made him gigantic--.

"Twilight?" Spike asked, breaking Twilight's trail of thought. Jumping slightly, Twilight looked over to Spike, who has apparently finished his plate and was eyeing Twilight's.

"Go on ahead, I'm not hungry anymore...say, did you hear that?" Twilight asked, her ears perking up.

Spike eagerly grabbed the remaining pieces of haycake on Twilight's plate, flinging it to the air and catching them with his mouth. "Nope." Spike replied, mouth full off food.

Twilight nodded nonchalantly "I'll go check it out, it sounded like somepony at the door." Twilight got up, leaving Spike alone with his meal.


Twilight trotted over to the door "I'm coming!" she called out. Magicking the door open, Twilight found that there was nopony in sight. Scanning the effects of an early morning regarding Ponyville, she smiled. It was beautiful, so serene, so...peaceful. Twilight closed the door after finishing her observations--well at least tried to, a box that somehow appeared was lodged between the door and the doorway. "Huh, wonder if it's for me." Twilight mused, levitating the box inside while simultaneously closing the door. Casting two separate spells at once was considered difficult, but of course, it was Twilight Sparkle. What else could one expect from the Element of Magic, personal student of the renowned Princess of the Sun?

As Twilight entered the living room, she noticed Spike had finished eating and was now cleaning up after their breakfast. Twilight smiled once more, amused with Spike dependability. Spike saw Twilight walk in, as well as spotted the box she carried. "Hey Twilight, where'd you get that box?" Spiked asked.

"I saw it outside, when I tried to see where the noise came from. I kinda just stumbled over it." Twilight replied in a monotone voice.

Spike finished cleaning the plates and was now wiping the crumbs off the table, "So you gonna open that?" Spike inquired, obviously curious what was in the box. Twilight suddenly grinned, a plan hatching in her head.

"When you finish all of your chores. I'll be going out for a while, oh, and don't bother opening the box, I put a spell to protect it." Twilight bluffed. Spike groaned.


"I'm done now Twilight! So can we open the box Twilight? Can we, can we? Pleeease?" Spike practically begged, hopping up and down. Twilight gave Spike an amused glance, then burst out laughing.

"Hahaha--Since you--haha--asked nicely, I guess so." Twilight replied, trying to muffle her laughter. Spike practically squealed like a little filly. Magicking the box she stashed near a pile read books (believe me, that pile is massive), she set it in front of Spike and herself. Slicing through the duct tape with the help of her spells once again, Twilight wondered what it would be like to live without magic. Meanwhile, Spike was bouncing up and down beside her.

"I wonder what's in it? I hope they're gems! But, oh wait, they don't smell like gems. Maybe they're a unicycle! I've always wanted a unicycle! C'mon Twilight what's in it? C'mon, c'mon!!" Spike continued to jump around.

"Gee, Spike, you're almost as excited as Pinkie Pie when there's a new pony in town!" Twilight chuckled. That caused Spike to settle down.

"R-really?" Spike asked, his face reddening "I'm sorry...? It's just that I usually do nothing in Ponyville, I mean sure, you guys go out and have all sorts of fun and adventure...meanwhile I'm just stuck here cleaning up...." Spike mumbled, somewhat angrily.

Twilight ceased laughing and looked at her number one assistant. "I'm sorry Spike...but it's just--I don't want you to get hurt, I don't know what I could do to myself if you get a single scale of yours gets harmed. Remember that time when the dragons migrated?" Spike nodded his head.

"Well, we did that because we all love you..." Twilight informed, snuggling Spike with her nose.

"Um...y-yeah....right" Spike smiled sheepishly. "Sooo..what's in the box?"

Twilight grinned "Well, let's go and find out..." Twilight lifted the scraps of the tape and flung it at a nearby garbage can. Opening the box carefully, Twilight peeked at the contents. "...Oh...wow."

Spike couldn't bear the suspense any longer, he stoop on the tip of his claws to see the box's goods. "Are those...cards?"

Author's Note:

Yeah, so here's the first chapter. The next one will involve Twilight and Spike trying out the stuff in there for a while, before attempting to share the goods with their friends. Thanks for reading!