• Published 24th Apr 2013
  • 2,679 Views, 44 Comments

The 5th Great Ninja/Pony War - Akasuna no Sasori



The Akatsuki arrive in Equestria to stir up trouble....

  • ...
10
 44
 2,679

Chapter 12:Reinforcements Arrive

Chapter 12:Reinforcements Arrive

A loud explosion woke Hotaka from his sleep. He turned on his side, listening for the sound again.
“What the hell was that? It sounded like one of Deidara’s birds, but it was much-”

*CRASH*

“Bigger. Huh, I wonder what it could be?”

- - - - -

“Itachi! There it is!” Said Hidan.

“I know, I have eyes to see the city; or at least what’s left of it. Either Deidara or Pain have been very busy.”

“Huh? What are you talking about? The city is fine it-” Hidan looked back and saw what Itachi was talking about. “Fuck! The whole damn city is gone!”

Itachi nodded. “Yes, now come. We’re only a few hours away. Whoever is there, and I’m sure some of our comrades are there, will need our help.”

They started running again, only to be interrupted a few minutes later by another Akatsuki member.

“There you are, Itachi! I’ve been looking everywhere for you!” Said Kisame.

“Kisame, there’s no time for greetings. We must get to the city, now! I’m almost certain Pain has begun his judgement.” Said Itachi, pointing towards Canterlot.

Kisame followed his partner’s hoof to the destroyed city hanging off the side of the mountain.

“How in the world did Pain begin his judgement without our protection?”

“Konan, of course. That, or the military had no idea what he was doing to begin with. Either way, it doesn’t matter. Let’s go!”

“Right!”

- - - - -

As Itachi and Hidan neared the city, the ponies took a shortcut to beat them.

“C’mon, y’all! We go up this path here, and we shave some hours off our trip!” Said Applejack.

“Oh, Applejack. Why do we have to go down such a rugged path? Can’t we just take the road?” Whined Rarity.

Applejack shook her head. “No time, sugarcube. We need to beat those robed fellers to Canterlot. The Princess needs our help now. If there was ever a time to use the elements of harmony, it’s now.”

Rarity moaned, but followed Applejack and the others down the path.

- - - - -

“Hmm? It seems Pain has started the party a little earlier than expected. Oh well, this just gives me more time to show off my art!” Said Deidara as he raced back through the streets towards the source of the shock wave.

Deidara passed Sasori on his way to Pain. “Sasori, my man! Did you feel that quake that just happened a little while ago?”

“You know very well it was no quake. Pain is showing off his “godly” powers, again. I don’t know why he would need to. These creatures are quite weak.”

Deidara groaned. “Whatever! C’mon we need to get to him. You remember the plan, right?”

Sasori looked at his comrade, smiling. “Down to every last detail.”
Deidara laughed, and the two ran together back towards Pain.

- - - - -

“Huy! Take this, foul winged beast!” Screamed Luna as she shot another bolt of energy at the bird.

Again, just like the last few times she tried it, the bird avoided the attack.

‘Curses,’ she thought to herself, ‘this beast can dodge everything I throw at it! I can only dodge about half of it’s attacks; as it is much faster than me! This is starting to appear hopeless.’

The bird came spiraling towards her again. Luna flew out of the way just in time to only have her side scraped by the beak again.

“Hua!” She cried out in pain.

She had similar scrapes all over her body from the bird’s repeated attacks.

‘Wait! That’s it! The creature only uses the same corkscrewing attack upon me every time! I’ve been trying to figure out how to defeat the creature itself; what I need to do is figure out how to defend, then retaliate against, it’s attack!’

As the bird flew up, then began corkscrewing again, Luna tried to dodge to the right. This time, however, she stayed right where she was.

“Approach me just a little closer, fowl!”

The bird was only inches from Luna, then she blocked the attack by generating a shield of energy in front of her. While the shield was active, blocking the bird, she scanned for weaknesses.

“That’s it! It corkscrews from the right to the left! So if I can get under the bird before the attack begins and attack it’s left side, I will score a hit!”

She let the shield dissipate, then flew back to gain some distance between herself and the bird.

It flew up again, then began corkscrewing towards Luna. Just as the attack started she focused energy in her horn then flew to the left side of the bird as fast as she could. The quick movement caught the bird off guard, and it had to locate her again to attack. However, it was too late.

“Fall before I, Princess Luna, Queen of the Night!” She rammed her charged horn into the bird’s side, causing it dissipate from the area.

“I am victorious! Now I must find mine sister and aid her how I can!”

- - - - -

“Well, Princess? What do you think of my power?” Said Pain.

Celestia was stunned. She was the most powerful pony in Equestria; but not even she could do what Pain had just done!

“How....how can you....do these things....”

“To gain my power, you must become a god. To become a god, you must know real pain. The 6 paths of pain that lead to peace are difficult to comprehend. Not many people will ever experience them all in a lifetime. Since you haven't yet, you know you will never ascend to become a divine like me.”
“Your words are full of arrogance! Does a god really do this to his subjects?”

“He will if he must, and right now, I have to teach you and your people the meaning of pain so that peace may come to this land. Consider it my gift to you before I leave your world.”

“How do you intend to leave our world? You may have gotten here by magical means to begin with, but I’m sure those same means are lost to you, now!”

“Right you are. But it doesn’t mean we cannot find another way. However, it doesn’t really concern you. What does concern you is me. After what I’ve done to your city, I’m sure you are aching to fight and kill me. Make an example of me to your subjects.”

Pain waited, but Celestia did not attack. She couldn’t believe if this pony was true. The way he acted, the things he could do; it just didn’t seem real to her.

“If you won’t fight me, then I will leave. I have nothing else to say to you, or do here at the moment.”

This time Celestia spoke. “How dare you! You kill my subjects and destroy my city then expect to just walk away? I think not!”

Celestia charged her horn quickly then shot off a bolt of energy at Pain. He easily dodged it, then returned to his original position.

“It seems she is brave enough to attack me directly. Just like the other one, did.”

“You wouldn’t be referring to me, by chance would you?”

Everyone turned to see Luna land beside her sister.

“Sorry I’m late, sister. The unicorn left me a fowl to duel with and it was quite troublesome.”

“Now there’s two of us.” Said Celestia.

“Nope! There’s seven!”

Applejack and her friends rushed to Celestia and Luna’s side.

“Heh, your math is still a little off!”

Deidara and Sasori moved beside Konan on the ground.

Pain looked down at all the new arrivals. “It seems there will be a full-scale battle to be fought here. Interesting, I never saw this happening so early.”

“There’s no need to fight,” said Celestia, “we have you outnumbered! You can’t win!”

“Actually, you don’t outnumber anyone, little girl!”

Kisame, Itachi, and Hidan walked from behind a destroyed building.

Rainbow Dash gaped. “But how? We took a shortcut....”

“Heh heh, we’re just magical then, I guess.”

Actually, Kisame had summoned a wave that Itachi and Hidan rode all the way to Canterlot. It increased their speed, and allowed them to arrive much quicker.

“This is interesting,” said Pain, “seven on seven.....could it be...?”

Konan looked up. “Nagato, what is it?”

“It’s nothing. Don’t worry about it; right now concentrate on our enemy.”

Celestia turned to the ponies. “Where is Twilight? If she was here, we could activate the Elements of Harmony.”

Fluttershy shook her head. “She won't’ come. We talked to her already. She just wants to find out who killed Shining Armor.”

“Very well. It seems we will have to fight without that edge, then.”

“No you won’t!”

Everyone looked up to see Twilight flying down. She landed next to her friends; followed by her army coming on hoof behind them.

“Twilight! You did it! You overcame your selfish desire for revenge to come help us! I couldn’t be prouder of you!” Said Celestia.

Twilight nodded. “I’m sorry, Princess. I was blind, but now I can see. We need to deal with these invaders and prevent them from destroying anymore of Equestria!”

“Hmm, this is quite a lot to deal with. Let’s split it up.” Said Pain. “Konan, stick with me. I’ll need your help against the two Princesses.”
“I'm right behind you.” She said.

“Kisame, Itachi! Deal with the five ponies that came here before the purple one.”

Kisame grinned widely. “Oh good! I’ve been waiting a long time to spill some blood!”

“Deidara, Sasori! Take care of the new arrival and her army. Everyone try to get them to follow you away from here. Too much fighting in one area will result in mass confusion and possible friendly fire. We can’t have that seeing as we are outnumbered heavily. Now scatter!”

“Right!” They all said.

Kisame ran at Fluttershy, sword out, ready to strike.

“Ahahahaha! Come on, little girl! It’s time to meet your maker!”

He swung his sword, but Rainbow Dash flew in and kicked him in his side, hard. Kisame was knocked off balance and failed to strike.

“Gah! You fucking cunt! I’ll make you regret that!”

“Ha! If you can catch me!” Said Rainbow flying down a nearby alley. “Come on, girls! We need to get them away from the Princesses!”

The other ponies nodded and followed Rainbow, leading Itachi and Kisame away from the battlefield.

“Good,” said Pain, “the ponies did their job for them.”

Deidara created a large, clay owl. He jumped on top it and flew towards the army. As he flew over them, he dropped exploding clay ants into the crowd. Several landed directly on the soldiers.

“Katsu!”

The dead soldiers’ heads were completely blown apart; shooting grey matter out and covering other soldiers.

Deidara landed on the other side of them, picked up Sasori, and flew off again.

The soldiers gave chase, and as they did, Twilight followed them.

“I’m sorry, Princess! I must go with my army! They’ll need me!”
“I understand, Twilight. Go, Luna and I will take care of these other two.”

“Be careful, Princess!” Said Twilight as she ran away.

“Are you ready, sister?” Asked Celestia.

“Of course! Let us combine our powers and defeat these foes!”

“Hmph, if you really think you can fight me, come forth and demonstrate your abilities to me. Prove you have the talent to become a god and protect your people through the only way you can: by defeating me.”