• Published 22nd Apr 2013
  • 1,166 Views, 12 Comments

B.C. (Before Celestia) - Princess of Stuff

  • ...
1
 12
 1,166

Epilogue

Prologue

"If only there was somepony...anypony...who understood my plight." Princess Celestia sighed. "Nine hundred and seventy five years of the same old thing. The same castle. The same garden. The same hall of stained glass, mocking me, reminding me of all I lost. The same night sky, rebelling my magical grip. Not to mention the ponies, with life spans of a candle." The princess said sadly, wiping a tear from her moist eyes with her hoof. She could go on all night, but she preferred silence.

It was a warm spring night. The stars twinkled far off in the distance and the moon shined bright in a sky of black. It was beautiful, but it was nothing compared to Princess Luna's night.

It seemed as though ever since Luna's exile nine hundred and seventy five years ago the night sky had never been the same. Just a lifeless canvas of black with a few shiny dots and a giant silver orb painted on.

Ever since Celestia had taken over, it seemed as though the stars didn't twinkle as bright as they had once, and the moon seemed to have lost that lunar glow it had possessed before Luna's banishment. Princess Celestia had never realized how much she memorized about the night until Luna was gone. And now that her sister was gone, she noticed the beauty of night. The beauty that everypony else and been to blinded to see.

The sad thing was also that after Luna's departure, ponies began to take interest in her night. Princess Celestia smiled, imagining how her sister would react when she found out about astronomers. Oh, how excited she would be.

From that point, the Princess drifted off into images of her younger sister hopping up and down with joy. It was something Luna had done when she had been really happy, and part of Celestia wanted to try it. Then she remembered her beloved little sister changing into the monster she had become, along with everything that had happened in between. And finally, her worst memory yet, banishing her sister.

She remembered being surrounded by the pastel rainbow that was the elements, and remembered, it surrounding her. She remembered hitting Luna, no, Nightmare Moon, and pushing her up, up, up, and finally letting her go. Then, Nightmare Moon hit the surface of the moon she so desperately loved, and tried to get away. Tried to attack Celestia. And Celestia flew back to Earth, with her new pastel rainbow mane, and rejoiced in the love of her little ponies.

It was, just hours after Luna's banishment, when Celestia realized what she had done. She had banished her sister to the moon for one thousand years, and it was minutes after her realization when she was presented with the responsibility of raising and lowering both the Sun and the Moon.

"Your highness, will you be attending-"

Sadly, Celestia's thoughts were intruded on by her assistant. "No." Princess Celestia said dully, shaking her head slowly. The princess's assistant looked a little taken back at Celestia's tone of voice. "I don't mean to interrogate you Princess, but, it seems as though your always depressed at night. Why is that?" The assistant asked nervously as though she was afraid she would be beheaded just for asking.

Princess Celestia snapped out of her depression. It wasn't like her to be so dismayed, especially around her subjects. "I'm sorry for being so...harsh. But in all due respect, your my assistant not my counselor." The Solar Princess pointed out, trying to keep herself from throwing a tantrum. She didn't like when ponies showed concern for her, but yet she always showed concern for her subjects. 'I'm such a hypocrite', Celestia thought to herself.

"I apologize...but my special talent is caring." Celestia's assistant said quietly. She was a yellow Pegasus with a hot pink mane and a bulging stomach. "I know. That's why you'll be such a great mother." The princess smiled, regaining her usual joyful personality. Besides, she really wanted to change the subject. The pregnant Pegasus smiled nervously, but was interrupted before she could speak.

"You should be getting to bed." The alicorn said gently. While she was showing genuine care for her subject, she kind of just wanted to be alone. "Your pregnant, you need the rest. But I really do wish you would take the vacation..." The pregnant mare shook her head as to say no. "That will not be necessary, however, I do think I should be getting to bed. Goodnight princess." But before the pregnant Pegasus could leave, Celestia felt she had to say something.

"Your daughter...she'll be a great mare." Celestia spat out. "How do you know it's a mare..." The assistant said, turning around quickly, a look of pure shock on her face.

"It's...a long story." The Pegasus looked surprised. A bit scared even. But within seconds, she dismissed her shock. "Goodnight your majesty." The young mare said before turning around and leaving the balcony.

"She really will be something..." And for the first time in a long time, Princess Celestia, who had been depressed all day, smiled.


Everything was going as planned.

But the smile soon faded when both good and bad memories were brought back to her memoir. Memories that had been stuffed in the back of her head for nearly one thousand years. Memories that the princess didn't care to remember.

"I suppose it's time to go to bed." Princess Celestia sighed. But the Princess was conflicted; part of her wanted to stay up and admire the moon. To just look up at it all night until it was time for it to be lowered below the horizon and the Sun to be raised.

However, another part of Celestia wanted to sleep and just...dream. Dream about the old days, with Luna, Discord, Chrysalis, and Sombra. How they would laugh, and play, and joke.

After about thirty minutes of thought, sleep overcame to white alicorn. She was to tired to return to her room, besides, it was nice to be close to her sister. Or at least as close as possible.

And it was then, at that moment, when the Solar Princess fell asleep beneath the moon, dreaming about life before her lonely rule.

Before Celestia.

Author's Note:

Celestia's assistant is Fluttershy's mom.

So, this is really short since its only a prologue, but the other chapters will be at least 2000 words.

Don't forget to like if you liked it, and leave some feedback in the comments!