• Published 22nd Apr 2013
  • 2,525 Views, 34 Comments

My Life With A Fluffy Pony - TheFluffyLoverAuthorPony



Fluffy Ponies, the new craze sweeping over the U.S.A., have finally wormed their way into my life somehow. When I take a stop at the local pet store, looking for a kitten or puppy companion to help the loneliness of living alone in an inherited home,

  • ...
3
 34
 2,525

What Now?

I hopped off the computer then, not bothering to turn it off, and headed for the kitchen, Ruby Blue in close pursuit. I opened one of the cupboards, it creaked loudly, and revealed a couple boxes of cereal, several cans of canned vegetables, and about a dozen water bottles. (I didn't have running water) Alongside the meager supply of food and drink were a small stack of bowls, a pack of paper plates, and some plastic silverware. I quickly grabbed two bowls, a box of Cheerios, and a bottle of water. Ruby happily hollered "Yay! Daddeh give wooby bwoo nummies!" as I placed the bowls on the floor in front of her, filled one with water, the other with Cheerios, smiling that she already (somewhat) knew her name. The little Fluffy opened her smiling mouth, took a breath, as if she were scuba-diving, and dunked her head into the Cheerios.

"OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM!' She exaggerated as she vacuumed up the cereal, and was soon licking out the little individual circles at the bottom. I just sat there, watching her with a grin plastered onto my face. She scooted over a bit, over the water bowl now, and repeated the process. But now she pulled her face out right away, sputtering water, her face wet and her mane wet down with water. She cried a little, and I grabbed a towel and helped dry her off. After the whole episode, She carefully sipped the water instead. With a random idea, I left her to her water and grabbed the measuring tape. I wanted to see just how big she was, and I wanted to kind of study the species a bit, like if I were to adopt more someday. Bending down next to her, I stretched out the measuring tape, and gasped quietly at just how little she was. Just six and a half inches tall, six inches long.

She finished her water, and scampered off playfully, heading to my bedroom. I followed her, and found her on my bed, trying to get under the blanket before I found her, giggling. A moment later her tail disappeared under the sheet, and I decided to play along. The lump in the bed was all too noticeable, but I walked around the room, murmering "Hmm... I wonder where Ruby could be..." Upon reaching the foot of the bed, I yanked the blanket off the bed and screamed "THERE SHE IS!" At first she wet herself, but then she started to giggle uncontrollably, rolling around. I sighed, but couldn't help smiling. Grabbing the giggling animal around her waist and placing her on the brown carpet, I grabbed one of my dirty T-Shirts and wet it with one of the water bottles, and wiped the stain. The fluffy, bored with sitting on the floor, raced out of my bedroom.

I followed the giggling Ruby all around the house, until she stopped in the bathroom, panting. I leaned in to pick her up, but I smelled urine. She had peed all over herself as well as the bed. I picked her up, holding her at arms length, while she babbled "Hugsies! Hugsies daddeh!" I set her on the toilet seat, shut the bathroom door, and got the bucket of clean water that was surrounded by other buckets that I kept for baths. I didn't take them very often anyways. While Ruby Blue sat on the toilet lid, watching me with those curious eyes, as I dumped the bucket into the bathtub. She flinched at the splash, but relaxed as it reduced to calming waves. "You have to take a bath now Ruby Blue. Don't freak out." I said as I wrapped my hands around her, and began to lower her into the tub.

Ruby began to struggle, screaming "NU! NUUU! FWUFFY NU WAN! NUUU WAAAAN!!!" When her hooves touched the water, she flailed harder, splashing herself and me. "NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!! NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!" She continued to wail, until she was standing in the tub. She scrambles desperately, frightened at the two-inch deep water. I feel a pang of pity, but I know she has to be cleaned. I pick up the shampoo, squeezing it into the water. Ruby's frantic pacing mixes up the shampoo enough to make a life-saver. Bubbles. She pauses, and stares at one of the especially large ones, and leans in her head. Ruby stumbles back a bit when it pops, then giggles madly, prancing around, popping bubbles. I can't help but smile.