• Published 22nd Apr 2013
  • 723 Views, 12 Comments

Glint of Hope. - ShyHeart



Cobalt Glint, a young unicorn, went through a terrible experience as a colt that scarred him for life... He moves into Ponyville to escape it, but it still haunts him. A mare befriends him and slowly helps him through it, and slowly falls for him.

  • ...
2
 12
 723

Chapter 2

Chapter 2

"Okay? What are you talking about, the Crystal Empire is practically perfect!"

"It's just...my experiences there aren't exactly golden..."

"..Huh? What do you mean? Did something bad happen?"

"I...really don't want to talk about it, Sweetie. Plus, I wouldn't want to be a bother."

"You aren't bothering me, I have the entire week off! We need time to get you settled in, don't we?

She's giving me a warm smile, maybe...I could talk to talk to her about it. But I'm not sure whether or not I could handle it myself... but I guess having her right here might help.

"O-Ok, the reason I left the Crystal Empire was because of a tragic accident that occurred."

"You don't mean..."

"Yes,the Blanks incident..."

No...I-I can't cry, not in front of her...!

"That's terrible Cobalt, what happened to you and your...Cobalt, what's wrong?"

Dammit, why can't I hold back my tears?

"I-it's just that...I was the only one in that part of the empire that survived, not even my family survived, I was left alone, rummaging the streets for food, hoping to avoid any blanks that still roamed the alleyways. It wasn't until Celestia and Princess Cadence came in and destroyed them that I was able to leave the place, of course, I was 19 by then, and I decided to rent an apartment in Fillydelphia until I could find a place to settle, and now I'm here, crying in the house of another..."

"I-I'm so sorry Cobalt, I didn't know..."

Huh..she's leaning in..she just hugged me..?! I guess this is what the saying "A shoulder to cry on" means. This. actually feels..nice. Maybe I should hug back...

"Don't worry, I promise I'll keep you safe here..."

"I-I.."

"Shush, Cobalt, I'm not going to let anything happen to a friend, especially one as hurt as you are. Come on, you can sleep with me tonight, If it makes feel any better, considering you have been alone for all that time."

Did she just tell me to sleep with her...What the hell? I really can't help but blush right now, damn it.

"Oh come on, it's not that bad Cobalt, the bed is really big, it won't bother me if you sleep in it as well."

"I really don't want to impose, you've done enough for me already.."

"Don't you talk like that! I want you to feel as comfortable as possible, come on, I'll lead you to my room."

I can't believe she's acting so nonchalantly about having a colt she met half an hour ago in her bed, a normal mare would never do such a thing, she really is as nice as they come.

We walked to her part of the house, where the color scheme matched her mane colors, honestly, she looked really good when she was in here. I just wish that I didn't look so absolutely pathetic in front of her. She does seem like a really nice mare, like someone who always helps, no matter what it means to do so. It also seems like I've known her my entire life, the way she talks to me, like I'm her best friend...It just makes me feel happy inside. I don't know how to describe it, but it's a great feeling.

"Here we are, Casa de Bedroom..you can go to sleep now, or we could just talk, it's up to you."

"I...guess we could talk for a bit, it would do me some good to calm down a bit."

"Well come on then, climb into bed, and we can talk about whatever you want, Cobalt."

"...Alright."

So, what should I talk about? Should I ask about her, or tell some more about myself? *Sigh*,I'm worrying too much about this, it's just a simple conversation, but I can't help but feel really nervous when speaking to her..could it be that I....No, I just met her I can't be in love with her. I just need to keep calm and troop on...but I can't do that when Sweetie is staring at me with those wide eyes.

"So, Cobalt, tell me what your cutie mark means."

"Well, as you can see, It's a flaming heart...It means I never really had someone to love, and the flames symbolize the pain it caused.."

That came out wrong.

"Awww, don't worry, I'm here to love you now..."

She hugged me, and nuzzled up against my chest. I was blushing furiously, and about 5 seconds later, she realized what she said, and looked up at me with her glistening eyes and rosy cheeks. She was about to say something, presumably to say sorry, but before she could, I pulled her in tighter, relishing every second her warm, soft fur stroked against my own. I realized at that exact moment...that we were in love...

"I-I'm so sorry Cobalt, I didn't mean to-"

"Sweetie..."

We looked at each other with misty eyes for what seemed like hours, simply building up the tension, until she finally rested her head on my chest and said...

"I love you, Cobalt...."

"I..love you too, Sweetie."

Did...did that really just happen?! Oh sweet Celestia, it did! I...actually feel...happy? That's a first. But how will this affect my status as a house guest? Unless...she wants me to move in, permanently? *Sigh* I guess I should get to sleep, but I can't wake her up, she's asleep on my chest...I suppose I can rest my head against her own. This...it's just too great. Coming to Ponyville was the best decision of my life, I have everything I could ask for now, food, shelter, and most importantly, true love...

"Goodnight, Sweetie..."