• Published 7th Feb 2012
  • 1,065 Views, 32 Comments

A Perfect Key - Jonnydash



You find a mysterious key, to what you have no idea and just and eerie e-mail.

  • ...
5
 32
 1,065

Chapter 3 (The Idea)

A Perfect Key
Chapter 3 (The Idea)
By Jonnydash

Waking up was almost as difficult as understanding how I ended up in Equestria in the first place. But opening my eyes brought a shroud of darkness over the room that I found myself in once again. I was in the same bed in the same room and in the same house. I noticed my headache was gone and the rag that sat on my forehead was now lying beside me on the bed. I was running in my head all of the ideas of where I was but I knew I was in Equestria. I figured I was in Ponyville because I had seen the mane 6 with my own two eyes. I also guessed I was in Fluttershy’s home due to her being the one to take care of me before I blacked out again. I decided to try and get up from the bed, even though I had come to grips with the fact I was here I still needed to find out why I was here and how to get home.

Sitting up and swinging my legs across the bed was the first step and I did it with little effort I was glad I could still move, even though I felt like I was hit with a Mack truck. When I tried to jump down on my two front feet I fell over, as I was a pony and ponies can’t stand too well or too long on hind legs. I hit the wooden floor with a massive “THUMP” that echoed through the house and I subsequently let out a small “Oww….oh you stupid legs…” I said trying to be quiet as not to wake any one up.

“Are you okay in there?!” Twilight's voice rang out in the darkness. It sounded like she was coming from outside of my room and down the hall as it seemed to echo a bit.

“Yeah I’m fine, I just need to get used to these legs.” I said slowly rubbing my flank where I had fallen.

“Okay…um well…. let me know if you need any help in there.” Twilight hesitantly said “And we would like to talk to you out here when you’re ready.”

I proceeded to get up on all four legs and tried to take a step but quickly lost balance and fell yet again. After three more attempts I finally got enough ability to walk to the wooden door and opened it with the muzzle of my nose. I proceeded down the hallway, swaying side to side trying to keep my balance all while not trying to look stupid. I finally reached the common room of Fluttershy’s house where all the ponies where lounging around. They each took notice as I entered the room and rainbow dash was the first to speak.

“Who are you anyways? And why are you here!?” she exclaimed

I muttered out “I…I” but Pinkie cut me off before I could say anything more.

“Jeez Dashie that’s no way too great a new friend! That’s Rainbow Dash she’s just not used to new ponies yet! Hi I’m Pinkie Pie! You must be new here and it’s really great to meet you! You know I love meeting new ponies and it’s really great to meet you!!!”

“Um hi Pinkie Pie my name is um, Monkey Wrench.” I muttered out.

Why did I say monkey wrench? It just popped into my head without even thinking, it was almost natural to say it. I remember I had created my own pony a long time ago. A pony named monkey who was a mechanic and could fix anything that needed it. This must be me! I must have manifested myself as my pony and dropped into this strange world. Whatever is going on it is freaking me out and I can feel as if I don’t belong here but I have a strange sense of welcoming and some sort of positive energy all around me.

“NICE TA MEET YA!” the pink pony bounced up and down saying that. “Monkey?! That’s a weird name! But you’re a nice pony!” she giggled as she said that and hopped off towards the kitchen in Fluttershy’s house.

“Hey there nice to meet ya , ma names Applejack” said the pony coming towards me with a brown hat on and thick country accent.

“Oh nice to meet you Applejack” I responded giving my best smile and friendly Hoof shake.

“Oh how lovely it is too meet a fellow unicorn!” exclaimed the white and purple unicorn in the corner lounging on the sofa. “My name is Rarity and it is a pleasure to meet you.”

“Oh it is a pleasure to meet you too Miss Rarity.” I said.

“Hi Monkey would you care to sit down and talk with us? We are all interested to hear about what happened to you.” Twilight Sparkle said as she beckoned me to take a seat near the farthest wall.

I took my seat and sat the best I could I responded with “so what do you guys want to know? I don’t remember much but I can try my best.”

“Do you know how you got here?” Twilight asked seeming very interested in what I had to say.

“Not really” I responded “the last thing I remember was lying in the bed and waking up seeing Fluttershy. I looked over at the pale yellow pony and she looked back then blushed and looked away. I thought to myself “Wow she really is that shy”.
“Hmm I can see why you wouldn’t remember anything. We found you unconscious lying in a field outside of Ponyville. We scooped you up and brought you to Fluttershy’s house.” She said this while walking towards the window. She gazed outside the window at the rising sun barely seen over the horizon outside.

“Wait That Gives me an idea!” Twilight exclaimed as she turned around and faced the other ponies.
“We should take him to see the princess! Celestia will know what to do and she can help us figure it out!” Twilight had a smile across her face and she looked to everypony else in the room for confirmation. Apple jack was the first to respond.
“That’s a great idea Twi! The princess’ll know exactly what is goin’ on here” she responded with a nod and tilt of her hat.
Every pony else in the room seemed to agree, until being interrupted by Pinkie bouncing out of the kitchen holding a tray of what looked like chocolate cupcakes.

“I MADE CUPCAKES!” she cheered carrying the tray and set it down on the table in the middle of the room. “Dig in everypony! We can’t begin a journey without a full stomach!”

Picking up one of the cupcakes proved to be difficult but Twilight was kind enough to hand it to me and I proceeded to eat the most delicious cupcake I had ever eaten in my life. We enjoyed the cupcakes while waiting for the sun to come up and I listened to the stories they were telling of Canterlot and the journey ahead.