• Published 7th Feb 2012
  • 1,343 Views, 43 Comments

New Town, New Friends and Butterflies - Shysoldier94



Scion and his family move to Ponyville and he soon becomes aware of a certain pink-haired pegasus.

  • ...
5
 43
 1,343

The Best Night Ever Part 2

I stared off into the distance after Fluttershy’s figure was no longer visible. The main thing that remained on my mind was what the heck happened? Why was she all frantic and leave all of a sudden?

I decided to shake off the thought and head on home and wait there until it was time to meet back here at the fountain.

By the time I got home, it was almost two-thirty. I slumped onto the couch and lay my head onto the armrest and stared at the ceiling.

“What am I going to do until six?” I said to myself

******

Fluttershy flew over the trees and landed in front of her cottage. She opened the door and hastily trotted to the inside of the living room where all her friends were waiting.

“Is…everything ready?” Fluttershy asked in between breaths.

“Sure is.” Rainbow replied.

“Vinyl is with the rest of the band members getting the stage set up. We’ll be backstage and warn Jimmie in his earpiece when it’s time.” Twilight added.

“Are you girls sure this is a good idea?” Fluttershy asked.

“Of course it is, darling. You’ve helped Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle and Applebloom. I’m sure this will help Scion too. Besides, you two need to have fun together.” Rarity replied.

Fluttershy sighed. “I just hope I don’t embarrass him…”

******

After almost three and a half hours waiting anxiously and getting ready, it was time to head back to the fountain statue.

Once there, I looked around for the clock tower and the time read five fifty nine. A few moments later, I heard the sound of hooves touching the ground behind me. I turned around and saw Fluttershy with a smile on her face and a white colored shirt. I returned a smile and kissed her cheek.

“What’s that?” I asked pointing to her shirt.

She looked down. “Oh this is one of their band shirts.” She sat on her haunches and moved her hooves out to show the shirt’s design.

I smiled. “You look so cute in that.”

She instantly turned red. “Well… thank you.”

I wrapped my hoof around her and nuzzled her neck. “Should we get going early? Maybe we can get in front row.”

“Sure.” She replied.


As we got closer the stadium, the night sky began to take over and the lights from the concert became more distinct. Once we arrived, the line to enter was much shorter than I anticipate it would be.

Our turn came to hand in our tickets and we entered the stadium. Once inside, we noticed that we were just in time to make it to the front row.

As time went on, the closer seven o’clock came, the more full the stadium became.

When the clock hit seven, a unicorn with a light blue coat wearing a headset trotted onto the stage. He walked up to the microphone stand and tapped it.

“Hello everypony! Thank you all for coming for tonight’s concert and the show will begin in ten minutes.” With that, he turned around and quickly headed to the back of the stage.

To pass the time, I took the time to examine the stage. Behind the drum set was a large banner that had the name Hoofed by April on it. Leaning against the amplifiers on the right side was the guitarist’s guitar and on the right side was the bass players bass. In front were two stools and two microphone stands each holding a cordless microphone along with the sound mix table.

Time seemed to slip away as the lights in the stadium turned off.

“Are you ready for this?” I asked Fluttershy, trying not to explode from the excitement.

She smiled and nodded and turned to face the stage as the lights turned on the stage. The members of Hoofed by April entered the stage and took their place on the stage with their instruments: Alexander on his drums, Marcus on the bass, Pontus with his guitar, and Jimmie and Zandro took their places in the front with their microphones along with Vinyl Scratch at her sound mix table.

After the Pontus and Marcus put their talons on, Zandro raised up his microphone, “How are we doing Ponyville?”

The crowd screamed in reply.

Jimmie then took his turn, “We said, how are you doing Ponyville?!” His screams flew through the crowd that sent chills down my spine.

The crowd roared in response.

“Now that’s better!” He said with his signature accent.

“With this being our first ever show here in Equestria, we have a little surprise for you tonight.” Zandro added.

I couldn’t hold my excitement any longer as I began bouncing up and down on my hind legs and screaming out, not caring of what anypony thought.

“But we can’t tell you what it is because that will ruin the fun and we want to see you guys excited.” Jimmie replied with a grin.

In the background, Pontus began playing random notes which brought out the crowd’s hidden energy.

Zandro seemed like he couldn’t control his smiling. The crowd’s screams and shouts died down as he raised the microphone:

“Jimmie, I think we got a wonderful crowd here.”

“I believe we do. Then what are we doing making them wait? Let’s get this show started.”

“This song here goes to a special couple out there in this very stadium. This is When You Wake Up.”

The crowd wailed in delight when Vinyl started up her sound table and the guitars and drums picked up with the rhythm.

After a few moments of the intro, Jimmie raised the microphone,

When you wake up (wake up, wake up)
When you wake up (wake up, wake up)

I can see your hurt, See your sorry
I know the face, I know the story
When hope is fading out, You can trust me I'll be there
When pain is screaming loud, I'll

I'm awake, To be watching over you
Don't you worry, I'm never taking my eyes off of you
Fall asleep now, I will be there when you wake up
Don't you worry, I will be there
(Yeah, yeah, yeah)
When you wake up

Try to forget, Try to forgive
Hey
Try to move on, Try to live
When hope is fading out, You can turn to me and say
This is more than I can possibly take

I'm awake, To be watching over you
I'm awake, I'm never taking my eyes off of you
Fall asleep now, I will be there when you wake up
When you wake up

Keep fighting every day,
It takes a lot of time
It's only in your mind
Keep fighting every day
Look inside yourself, be strong
Because from here it won't take long
Until you wake up
Until you wake up
Until you wake up, hey

I'm awake, to be watching over you
I'm awake, I'm never taking my eyes off of you
Fall asleep now, I will be there when you wake up
Don't you worry, I will be there
(Yeah, yeah, yeah)
When you wake up
When you wake up

I raised my hooves into the air and cheered. Although my ears were ringing because of the amplifiers, I didn’t care. I turned over to see Fluttershy also cheering.

“Now you guys are awake!” Zandro announced. “This next song we’re going to play is our newest release and will be the first time played here in Ponyville. This is Mystery!”

(Zandro)
“Thought it'd be easy
Now it’s getting critical
You're out of my life now
It’s unbelievable
The more things change they stay the same

Thought I could take it
But I am unable
It is too much to handle
It isn't over until it’s over

(Jimmie)
Got the heart of an ox
Got the skin of a dragon
I'm a fighter, always standing up
Now the weakness talks
I'm on my knees, and I'm about to drop!

(Zandro)
It’s a mystery
Why I can’t stop thinking of you
Mystery
How everything circles around you
In my mind

(Jimmie)
I'm doing all in my power
To get free!

(Zandro)
In my mind
I promised myself till this day I'd be
But it’s a mystery

Can feel your presence
Can smell your fragrance
As if you stood beside me
It isn't over until it's over

(Jimmie)
I'm not gonna cry
I've been thought better than that
My eyes are too bucking dry
Now Isn't that ironic?
This is my own fight
I'm gonna wear it out
I'm gonna bleed it out!

(Zandro)
It’s a mystery
Why I can’t stop thinking of you
Mystery
How everything circles around you
In my mind

(Jimmie)
I'm doing all in my power
To get free!

(Zandro)
In my mind
I promised myself till this day I'd be
But it’s a mystery

Now it's critical
Now it's critical
It's unbelievable
It's unbelievable

(Jimmie)
It's unbelievable
It's unbelievable!

(Zandro)
Its a mystery
Why I cant stop thinking

Its a mystery
How everything circles around you
In my mind

(Jimmie)
I'm doing all in my power
To get free!



(Zandro)
In my mind
I promised myself till this day I'd be
But it’s a mystery”

The crowd again began to roar. I look up and saw many pegasi flying in circles in a group. This was definitely going to be a night to remember.

“We love you guys tonight!” Jimmie exclaimed. “We have one more song for all of you tonight before we reveal the surprise. Are you ready to hear it?”

The stadium echoed with our cheers.

“I-I’m sorry I didn’t quite hear that.” Jimmie said with a hoof to his ear, pretending he didn’t hear us.

“Let’s hear it!” I screamed along with the crowd.

“Now I can hear it!” Jimmie chuckled and pointed over to Zandro.

“This one’s Incomparable.”

“I would carry the world
I would stand here and burn

You are
Incomparable
You are
Irresistible
You are
Incomparable
You are
Unmistakable

I would catch if you fall
I'd take a spit through my heart

You are
Incomparable
You are
Irresistible
You are
Incomparable
You are
Unmistakable

No hurricane can move me
Earthquakes can't shake me
I will always stand my ground
Always be around
No snowstorm can freeze me
Black holes can't take me
I will always stand my ground
Always be around

You are
Incomparable
You are
Irresistable
You are
Incomparable
Incomparable
Unmistakable

No hurricane can move me
Earthquakes can't shake me
I will always stand my ground
Always be around
No snowstorm can freeze me
Black holes can't take me
I will always stand my ground
Always be around”

When the music ended, I flapped my wings and joined the crowd of pegasi above in circles. After a few moments and becoming a little dizzy, I made my way back to my spot. I turned over to Fluttershy who had a huge smile over her face as she wrapped her arms around me.

She kissed my cheek and whispered in my ear, “Here’s the surprise.”

I became confused to what she meant but turned to the stage.

“You guys have been amazing tonight and we know that you’ve been waiting for this. We will have one lucky member of the crowd tonight come up on stage and sing a song of your choice!” Jimmie explained.

Everyone at once began screaming they wanted on stage.

Zandro quickly trotted from the back stage and handed Jimmie a note in which he opened and read it.

“We have a lucky winner!” He quickly gazed through the crowd and pointed toward me. “You, with the red mane and black stripe through the middle, come on up here.”

My eyes almost bulged out of my head I couldn’t believe what I heard. Did he just… ask me to come up there?!

“M-Me?” I asked pointing at myself.

“That’s right, Pontus help this young lucky stallion up on stage.”

I slowly took a few steps forward and waited for Pontus to come for me. When he did, he had a smile on his face.

“Right this way, buddy.” He said and motioned for me to follow. From behind, I could hear scattered cheers and some ponies clapping.

“Now head on over to Jimmie over there.” He said and lightly tapped my back as we got on stage.

I did as he said and walked over to him.

“You are our lucky winner tonight to sing with us the song of your choice!” He said as he spoke into the microphone. “Now what is your name?” He moved the mic over in front of me.

“S-Scion. Scion Starshine.” I stuttered.

Jimmie softly chuckled. “No need to be nervous fella. Now, what does it feel to be picked from a crowd of thousands to sing with us?”

“Honestly, I’m shocked I don’t know what to say. The only thing I can say is that it’s an honor to live the dream. I have always to sing with my idols.” I replied.

“Well that dream, Scion is going to come true, right here tonight.” He said. “Now before we get started, you had something tragic happen to you recently is that correct?”

“Yes. I was in a coma for about a week. The doctors said that my heart stopped and couldn’t get it to start again but miraculously it did.”

“We heard about it before we arrived in Equestria. That is what I call a miracle. What was it like to wake up after that?” He questioned.

“Well I was confused at first to where I was at. I remember flying and then collapsing and then being in the hospital and seeing my friends in the hallway but after that I don’t remember a thing. Although I did feel like there was somepony with me the whole time and that I could hear her voice.” I explained.

“Do you believe it was one of your friends?”

“It was one of my friends, but she’s more than a friend now.” I said as I laid my eyes on Fluttershy who blushed madly. The crowd awed.

Jimmie smiled. “You seem like you have somepony who really cares about you Scion. Never let her go.”

“I won’t.” I whispered.

“Are you nervous?” He asked

“Not anymore.”

“Do you have a song picked out?”

“I do. It’s I Made It. I chose this song because it reflects my past and how I made it through the rough times that made me a better pony that I am today.” I said.

“And you picked the perfect song for it. Vinyl, let’s start it up.”

Vinyl gave a hoof up as she began to play the intro of the song. After about thirty-five seconds, I took a deep breath and stepped up to the microphone:

(Scion)
Gone are the flames
Gone are the tears and pain
That burned me that hurt me
Some days I could barely get through
Still I knew I stood never too far from you

Look at me now, I made it
Feel my heart now, I made it
Reaching things now, I never thought possible
Here I am now, I made it
Here is my life, my true dream

I'm not afraid
Even through the darkest moment
I never gave up
In my mind what I'm reaching for
Is coming closer
My dream never faded out

(Jimmie)
I never gave it up!

(Scion)
Look at me now, I made it
Feel my heart now, I made it
Reaching things now, I never thought possible
Here I am now, I made it
Here is my life, my true dream

I saw you in me
I felt you near me!
I felt you near me
I saw you in me!
I never gave up
I never gave it up!

Through the vocal pause, I moved with the beat of the drums and the guitars by swinging my head from side to side.

(Scion)
Look at me now, I made it
Look at me now, I made it
Feel my heart now, I made it
Look at me now I made it (look at me now)
Feel my hope now, I made it (look at me now)
Reaching things now, I never thought possible
Here I am now, I made it
Here is my life, my true dream

Once the music stopped, the stadium echoed with cheers and whistles and hearing ponies scream.

“That was phenomenal! Where did you learn to sing like that?” Jimmie asked.

“I-I don’t know. I’ve never sang like this before but I guess it just comes naturally.” I replied. I looked over to Fluttershy who wore a surprised but cheerful expression on her face.

“Well either way, it was truly amazing.”

I had no words. There was nothing that I could say that could describe what I was feeling at that moment.

“Can I bring somepony up here?” I asked.

“You sure can.” Jimmie replied.

“Fluttershy come on up here.” I said as I spoke into the microphone.

Slowly, she made her way onto the stage and stood next to me.

I softly spoke to everyone in the stadium, “This here is the mare that turned my life amazing since I met her and helped discover things about myself I never knew.”

A few aww’s were heard throughout the stadium until some stallion started chanting, “Kiss her!” Soon almost everypony in the stadium began chanting the words.

I turned to Fluttershy - who was blushing like never before and hiding behind her mane – shrugged, and gently brought my lips to hers. The crowd then went completely nuts. Their screaming seemed to be as loud as Pontus’s guitar but I didn’t care. As long as I was with her, nothing else mattered.

After a few moments, we broke the kiss. Jimmie behind us had a smile across his face as he turned to the crowd and lifted his microphone:

“Thank you Ponyville you’ve been wonderful tonight!” Jimmie shouted and walked towards us. “You two can exit through the back way if you’d like. You’re more than likely to get trampled by the crowd out the other way.”

I shrugged. “Okay.”

He led us through to the back of the stage where the other band members were and ponies with backstage passes. In the corner I saw Twilight, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Rarity and Pinkie Pie walking towards us.

“What are you guys doing here?” I asked, very surprised.

“Well we thought that you needed a good time after being in the hospital for so long and all that so we heard you liked this band and since they were coming to Ponyville, Vinyl had extra tickets so she gave them to Fluttershy.” Twilight explained

I thought for a moment. “Wait a sec, you guys set this whole thing up: for me to come to my favorite bands’ concert and to sing with my idols?”

They all nodded their heads.

“Fluttershy was in on it too. It was pretty much her idea.” Rainbow added.

I turned to Fluttershy who was nodding her head. I turned back to the group. I grabbed all of them and held them tight in an embrace.

“Thank you girls so much for this; you are all my true friends.” I tried not to tear up but was hard not to due to the fact that nopony has ever done anything like this for me before. I was truly greatful.

Suddenly, through closed eyelids, there was a small flash of light. I let go of everypony and looked around.

“Did anypony see that?” I asked.

“See what?” Fluttershy replied.

“I saw a flash of light.”

Everypony looked around.

“It was probably one of the lights up there.” Applejack said.

Not sure if that’s what it was, I shook off the thought and looked at both Applejack and Rainbow Dash who wore devious grins on their faces.

“Now?” I heard Rainbow whisper.

“Now.” Applejack replied. “Hey Scion, why dontcha come on over here, we gotta tell y’all somethin’.”

“Uh sure.” I replied. I wasn’t sure if they were planning on doing anything on account of their grins a few moments earlier but I complied.

They led me into a corner where everypony else couldn’t see and took hold of my shoulders and pinned me against the wall.

“Now listen here Scion, we like you and like the idea that you’re now dating Fluttershy..” Rainbow began.

“But if y’all even think ‘bout breakin’ that young mare’s heart..” Applejack added.

“We’ll make sure that you become sterile. Got it?” Rainbow finished.

“Yes! I will never break her heart, I don’t plan to!” I said, feeling my heart almost pound out of my chest.

“Good, glad we got that out of the way. Oh and by the way, great singing out there Scion. You have one talented voice.”

“Uhhmm… t-thanks.” I replied.

Applejack and Rainbow walked away chuckling. I soon made my way back to the group who looked at me with confused expression.

“Are you okay Scion dear? You’re looking paler than usual?” Rarity asked.

Twilight looked over and saw Applejack and Rainbow Dash laughing. She sighed and smiled. “Did they give you ‘their talk’?”

I slowly nodded my head.

They laughed.

“Don’t worry, they won’t make you sterile. They’ll just hurt you like they did….” Pinkie was cut off with Twilight’s magical mouth zipper.

“What she means is they’re just trying to scare you.” Twilight said.

“Well that’s one twisted way of scaring a stallion.” I replied.

Fluttershy sat herself next to me and put her head on my shoulder. “I won’t let them do anything to hurt you, don’t worry.”

I sighed. “Now you I believe you.”

“As much as we love seeing two lovebirds being romantic with each other, let’s say we get on out of here.” Twilight suggested.

“Sure.” I replied.

Before we got to the backstage door, I heard somepony call my name.

“Scion, Scion!”

I turned around and saw a younger looking stallion along with a younger mare.

“Can we.. get your autograph?” He asked.

“Uh sure.” I replied. “Who do I make this out to?”

“To Lightning Jackson. I’m Lightning and this is my fillyfriend, Summer. We loved your singing, it was amazing!”

“Well thank you. How old are you kid?” I asked.

“We’re both fifteen.”

“Well Mr. Lightning and Miss Summer, thanks for your compliments. Maybe we can have a double date sometime get to know each other.” I said while pointing to Fluttershy.

“That would be awesome!” He took the autograph and pen with his mouth. “Fank you mifster!”

I turned around and headed outside with the rest of the group.

As we neared the downtown area, Rainbow Dash hovered next to me, “Looks like you got some fans already.”

Soon afterwards, I felt someone land next to me.

“Hey Reiku, how’d you enjoy the show?” I asked.

“It was amazing. And your part was phenomenal! Out of all the time I knew you I never knew you could sing like that!”

“Neither did I.” I replied. I looked over and barely noticed that he was wearing a shirt. “Is that a shirt?”

“Totally!” He replied.

“Reiku, why did you get a grey shirt? Your coat color is grey.” I asked.

“I know! But if you kind of look at it the right way, my coat has the same exact grey color as the shirt. Heh, it looks like a tattoo.” He said with a comical grin on his face.

Everyone in the group chuckled.

“Oh everypony, this is Reiku my longtime friend from Cloudsdale.”

“Hey everypony.” Reiku said.

“Do you wanna hang out with us Reiku?” Twilight asked.

“Nah maybe another time. I think I’ll leave these two lovebirds to do their thing. Besides it’s their special night. See ya later Scion!”

“Bye!” I replied as he flew off.

“Well I guess we’ll leave you two alone for the night.” Twilight said.

“Are you girls sure?” Fluttershy asked.

“Yeah. Ah have ‘n early day on th’ farm in th’ mornin’. Good night everypony!”

“I’ll get going too. Night everypony.” Rainbow added.

Everypony else said goodnight and headed on home which left Fluttershy and I alone together.

“Well, I guess that means it’s just the two of us.” Fluttershy said.

“I guess it does. Where should we go now, it’s only nine forty-five.” I asked.

“Doesn’t matter to me..” She replied.

I thought for a minute and an idea popped into my head. “How about we go star gazing? It’s a beautiful night out and there’s not a cloud in the sky.”

“That sounds wonderful!” She replied

“Where could we seem them without any light interference?” I asked.

“We could go to the backyard of my cottage. There are no lights out there so we’ll be able to see them more clearly.” She suggested.

“Your cottage it is!” I replied and we headed off to her cottage.

*******

After we entered the gate to the cottage, we headed up the hill and into the backyard. We looked up but noticed that there was only one cloud in the sky. I looked to the side and saw a figure flying off and what I concluded was Rainbow Dash.

I smiled and pointed out the cloud to Fluttershy. “I think that cloud is big enough for both of us and we can see the stars easier from there.”

Fluttershy blushed. “Okay.”

I gently took hold of her hoof and we both flew up onto the cloud. Sure enough, it was big enough for both of us. We lay on our back on the soft cloud and admired the wonderful patterns of the stars before us.

After a few minutes of searching, I point to one right above us, “You see that one, that one almost looks like a butterfly.”

I could feel Fluttershy turning her head in different directions. “Oh I see it. And that one looks like Angel Bunny.”

“Angel Bunny?” I repeated.

“Yeah, one of the bunnies I care for.” She replied.

“Ohh, right.” A few moments of silence took place before I pointed up again. “You see that one up there? It looks like a heart.”

A few seconds passed before she replied, “I don’t see it.”

“The best and most beautiful things in the world can’t be seen, nor touched, but are felt in the heart thus aiding them to see wonderful things.” I replied.

“Aww.” She turned to look back at the sky and closed her eyes. She opened them back up. “Now I see it.” A few minutes of silence occurred before she spoke, “You know something Scion?”

“What’s that?” I replied.

“They say that you can only fall in love once. But I don’t believe that is true because every time I look at you, I fall in love all over again.” She added.

I was at a loss for words. There was nothing that I could say that could describe the feelings that I had swarming through me at that very moment.

Fluttershy leaned up and rested her hoof and my cheek and brought her lips to mine. It felt like our first kiss all over again. The feeling of being drifted away by a million butterflies.

My hoof lightly tapped the side of her belly and she gently flinched and let out a soft giggle. I broke the kiss and lightly poked her belly again while watching her giggle.

“Miss Fluttershy are you ticklish?” I asked.

She attempted to hide her smile with her hooves while shaking her head. “What about you?” She asked as she poked my side.

I flinched and laughed. “Oh it is on!” The tickle war has begun.

After a few minutes of the tickle fights, Fluttershy shrieked, “You win! You win!”

I stopped and lay on my back next to her and looked up at the sky while we tried to catch our breaths.

“What is that?” I heard Fluttershy say.

“What is what?” I replied.

“On your flank.”

I turned over and noticed something was under my wing on my flank. I moved my wing and was caught by surprise. “Is.. Is that my cutie mark?!” I proceeded to touch it to be sure it was real. “It is! It is my cutie mark!”

“Oh my goodness? What does it look like?” She asked.

I turned slightly to have the moon shine on my flank. “It looks like a heart with a musical note in the middle.”

“What does that mean about your talent?” She asked.

“I think it means I have two talents. One is to sing and one is to love.” I replied and Fluttershy began to blush.

“Scion?”

“Yeah?”

“There was something I was trying to tell you last night at the park.”

“What was it?” I replied.

“I mean I don’t know if it’s too early but my heart tells me otherwise. The thing is Scion, I… I love you..”

She began to blush and hide behind her mane. The warm feeling in my chest began and the butterfly feeling too made me realize that all these signs, were the signs my father told me about love.

I brushed her mane from her face and kissed her lightly. “I love you too, Fluttershy.”

Fluttershy scooted even closer and buried her muzzle into my chest and soon fell asleep. I too became tired and rested my head just above Fluttershy’s.

“I love you Fluttershy.” I whispered and soon fell asleep.