• Published 1st May 2013
  • 760 Views, 15 Comments

Twiliversary: Twilight - Zeppo



Twilight, with the help of a mysterious (and somewhat patronizing) stranger of questionable motives, may be able to finally make the right decision about her life.

  • ...
6
 15
 760

Appreciation: Part 2

Celestia laid there in the cave, a deep frown on her face. She kept asking herself, "What did I do wrong?" She repeated this phrase over and over, "What did I do wrong? What did I do wrong? -do wrong? -do wrong?" -wrong? -wrong...

Wrong

She thought back to all years that she and her faithful student had shared, all those great memories. She always seemed so content, even happy. But yet a chill went up her back as she thought of the very real possibility that it was all just a facade to hide a... tortured soul? She then split those memories into before and after the erecting of the memorial statue to the bearers of harmony. She then saw in Twilight what Twilight had seen in her: regret, loneliness, sadness. The joy of this revelation of how much they now knew of each other was matched by the great sadness of how distant she realized they had really been all those years. And now she may never see Twilight again for the same reason she had to banish Luna, neglect. Shaking her head slowly, she berated herself over her foalishness.

Her mourning was interrupted when she heard the sounds of a transfer spell. She looked over and saw swirling wisps signaling the end of the Ritual. As they dissipated, she saw Twilight gently lower to the ground. "Twilight!" Celestia called out. Twilight looked over to Celestia, she looked as if she was going to step towards her but collapsed instead. "No!" cried Celestia as she rushed over to Twilight and took her in her arms. Celestia shook Twilight a little, but she didn't respond. That is when Celestia noticed that some of Twilight's hair and mane had turned grey, and those were followed by more strands, all dulling and whitening at an alarming pace. Celestia tried again to revive Twilight when she heard another transfer spell. She looked as the wisps deposited a white figure with his back turned to her. He started to turn around but abruptly stopped, something twitched at his side. Celestia watched as a few muscle movements were tested, followed by the unfurling of two great wings.

Twilight's wings.

"You-" Celestia said, but stopped when he lowered his wings. He had not a look of greed, or malice, or even excitement as he observed his new addition. No, this was a look of surprise, then confusion, then-

Just a simple sadness, one that encompassed every part of his body. "Celestia?" Twilight said weakly. Twilight looked over to T.L., who looked back to them, and she could see that sadness, she could see the distance in his eyes as the full implications of this turn of events settled down. He again observed his wings as more of a burden than anything else, and a heavy one too.

Celestia nearly yelled, "Bring her back! Bring her back! I demand you to!" She continued in this matter repeatedly, and all throughout this Celestia, the great unmovable Sun Goddess, trembled as a child would when cold. T.L. just stared at his wings, not saying a word as he barely noticed this verbal assault directed at him. Celestia was approaching the first stages of hysteria when she heard a faint croak.

"Celestia", said Twilight, "It's all right, Celestia. Please, don't shout at him." She coughed a couple of times. Celestia looked at her with a confused look that contained questions of her own. Twilight sat up a bit and cleared her withered throat a little, "It's... alright Tia, I'm okay with this, and I've done the right thing." She looked over to T.L., who stood still by the entrance.

"I don't understand," he said, "why did I..."

"Maybe," said Twilight as she smiled grimly, "you were worthy after all."

His eyes widened a little. He said calmly, "Hmm, well what do you know? The first and only person I ever lied to, was myself." He found where his robe was, flipped it onto his back, and with one final look to Twilight said, "by the way, the name's Tunnel Light." He then silently left the cave.


The air was mockingly pleasant and warm as Celestia held Twilight in her arms, stroking her mane as she took increasingly difficult breaths. "Oh Twilight," her lips trembled, "why did you have to do this?"

Twilight took in a deep, shaky breath, "You know Tia, when you made me a princess all that time ago, I wasn't sure if I would be able to fulfill my duties, if I would be wise enough to rule like you." She opened her mouth wide, but didn't cough, she just yawned. "But now, I think after all I've been through, I am at least wise enough to say this. Do not mourn for me Tia. If anyone is to be mourned for, it is you, you are the one who is going to have to go on and watch countless others come and go, and there's nothing we can do about it. Even if we want to believe otherwise." She then nestled her head into Celestia's side. "I am so tired Tia, and I want to rest now." She yawned again.

"Please, just stay a little longer" Celestia said. Twilight laid back and closed her eyes, but opened them back halfway.

"Tia," she almost whispered, "I'll make sure to say hi to Star Swirl for you, if that's alright."

Twin streams of salty tears flowed down Celestia's cheeks. "Yes, I'm sure he would love to meet my star pupil."

"Don't worry Tia," Twilight said almost inaudibly, "everything's going to be just fine." And so, for the last time, Twilight yawned, closed her eyes, and fell into a deep and relaxing sleep.

"Goodbye, my friend."


Twilight walked onto an open field, a warm summer breeze making the grass move in waves. In the distance, the rays of the sun could be seen glowing from behind the horizon, giving a nice warm glow that still illuminated the area.

"Twilight, you're late!" called Applejack in a loud voice.

"Sorry girls," Twilight said, running over, "I was just- "