• Published 19th Apr 2013
  • 1,582 Views, 45 Comments

One-winged Alicorn - Kaf_Kraked_Poni



The presence of a foreboding entity threatens to harm Equestria. Twilight Sparkle must use her newly attained Alicorn state to combat this foe, but when the Elements of Harmony are to blame, is friendship enough to ward off this new evil?

  • ...
2
 45
 1,582

4. Discord in the Fray!

“Do you even know where we’re going?” Twilight screamed. Her voice fluctuated into a high screech at the peak of Discord’s spell and they both manifested within a pink, glittery cloud. Her cheeks flushed red in response to Discord’s condescending gaze. Twilight braced herself, expecting a flurry of emotion to ram into her from all sides, but her friends were nowhere to be seen.

“Girls? Girls? Where are you?” she called, pacing around each corner of the mist. As if blinded by her quest to locate her friends, she completely disregarded Discord’s presence. The draconequus walked over to his frantic companion and lifted her off of her hooves again.

“Obviously they’re not here, so keeping this shrouding mist around us won’t help,” he said.

“Okay, you’re right about that. Sorry, I’m just a little completely hysterical at the moment,” Twilight seethed out. Discord set her down and she retracted the magic. The heavy fog thinned and fell to the earth, revealing for them the Everfree Forest.

“Wait a minute,” Discord uttered awkwardly. “I teleported us to Everfree correct?” he asked, snapping a seared twig off of a completely charred tree. Twilight remained silent, unsure if her inability to speak originated from the sulfurous odor pervading her lungs, or from the extreme radius of destruction that blemished the land before her.

“How could this have happened?” she finally said. “Where are you girls?” Twilight called out. Her voice carried throughout the field, emptying into a vast landscape of smoking nothing. Only upon the edge of the burnt circle did she catch a glimpse of green. Whatever had done this had selected the area specifically, and that left an unpleasant sensation in the pit of her stomach.

“Now I’m all for a little chaos, but without anything to rule over what’s the point?” Discord suddenly said aloud. Twilight snapped out of her daze, ready to lecture him on his mouth again, but halted as she realized his speech was directed not towards her, but to a menacingly tall, evil alicorn.

“You’re responsible for this,” Twilight accused, biting down hard. Gray Umbra scoffed exasperatedly, marching towards the two after blowing off Twilight’s rage completely. Every hoof step crushed the scorched ground underneath him, scattering whole clouds of ash and soot. His journey ceased when he remained but a few yards away from the party.

“I am not entirely at fault,” Gray responded without diverting his gaze. He focused on Discord intently, but his words honed in on Twilight. “Your unwillingness to be destroyed led to this, and now it seems like we both have lost sight of your friends.”

“What do you mean by that? How do I know you didn’t…do anything to them?” Twilight asked reluctantly.

“I haven’t. Even as a creature of pure chaos I am still true to my word.” Gray’s statement caused a small chuckle to escape Discord’s lips.

“A stallion true to his word? Not as impressive as you made him out to be Twilight,” Discord openly mocked.

“Not now Discord,” the small princess responded.

“You were a foal to bring Discord here Twilight,” Gray said threateningly. Both Discord and Twilight gave the stallion a puzzled expression. Gray leapt back, lifting his wings high into the air and prompting a readying stance from his two opponents.

“She’s the foal? How can you hope to stand against me, the Lord of Chaos!?” Discord announced. The draconequus snapped his claws, bringing to life the charred landscape all around them. The blackened trees stirred awake, expanding high into the air and becoming like rubber binds seeking to fasten the floating alicorn above them. They raced through the air, branches and all, aiming at Gray Umbra with the intent of capture.

“Don’t treat him too lightly!” Twilight warned.

“Lord of Chaos, even you cannot hope to contain me,” Gray responded, allowing the tendrils to reach him. He waited until they crept upon his coat and released a blast of light that incinerated the makeshift chains. His returning stare upon Discord then worried Twilight, yet seemed to only invigorate the smirking draconequus next to her.

“Not bad for a pony,” Discord replied wiping his snout.

“Hold on Discord, we need to find out what he did with my friends,” Twilight interjected.

“He already said they weren’t here, and I legitimately believe he is telling the truth. Now wasn’t it our job to distract this colt until you came up with a solution to that Harmonia thing?” Discord whispered.

“I can’t just-”

“They’ll be fine! It’s us that you need to worry about now,” he interrupted. Twilight wrinkled her nose and to her amazement, once more, admitted that Discord had the better suggestion.

“You’re right. We’ll take care of the matter at hoof first,” she resolved, forming a barrier spell around her own self. Gray folded his wings around his chest and began amassing some sort of devilish aura. As they opened again, a volley of dark magical pulses shot from his wings, hailing on top of the duo below. Discord lifted his lion paw in response, shielding himself and Twilight from the heavy rain. Gray’s attack reflected off of the octagonal-patterned shield that covered the draconequus and the lavender alicorn. Sprays of diverted magic collided with the ground and the surrounding skeleton trees, disrupting the land further. Small craters resided in the areas that Gray’s attack had struck, smoking with a devilish red hue.

“You can’t compete, Gray Umbra,” Discord yelled out after Gray’s attack ceased. “I’m the master of chaos!” Discord declared reaching out with his eagle claw. His talons snapped together and brought forth a wall of earth from below, encompassing Gray on both sides. He then lifted the massive monolith of soil and with another talon snap forced it to condense into a sphere of dirt, crushing its host with an unbearable pressure.

“Discord…” Twilight uttered out in shock. The draconequus looked at her smugly and brought the ball down hard, crashing it into the earth, launching several chunks of Equestria into the air. The resulting debris transformed into giant stone hooves and fell methodically on top of the clod of dirt that encased Gray Umbra.

“I’m far more powerful than I let on to believing my dear,” Discord bragged as the earthquake he created stopped.

“So why don’t you just destroy him and we can let this be done with?” Twilight asked rather ticked at Discord’s ease of victory. Suddenly the ground afar radiated a few beams of light and a deafening explosion of dirt and dark magic filled the air. Gray slowly rose from the wreckage created by his opponent, and brayed loudly.

“I guess you don’t know enough about chaos Twilight,” Discord replied. “My initial attack was a test to see if I could manipulate Gray or not. Those tree tendrils were a direct link to my power, and they smoothed over his body.”

“And?!” Twilight asked as Gray began to fly over to them.

“He’s compiled of too much disarray to easily manipulate,” Discord responded.

“I thought you were LORD over chaos!”

“Don’t snap at me missy,” Discord rebuked. “This is very complicated. If the chaos hadn’t taken on the form of a physical being I might have been able to dispel it safely. But because it now resides as an alicorn, it’s gained the ability to block some of my chaotic abilities.”

“So basically we’re fighting against another you,” Twilight said despondently.

“No, I’m more attractive silly,” Discord said in a chuckle.

Gray prevented Twilight from replying by firing a warning shot of magic between her and Discord. He was now soaring at full speed towards the duo with his horn already charged for another attack.

“Forget that, concentrate on Harmonia!" Discord shouted, bringing up a barrier moments before Gray’s latest assault. The attack destroyed the shield, but was negated itself, clouding the immediate area in a plume of smoke. Twilight leapt into the air to escape, keeping her shield around her and looked below. Nothing moved and she couldn’t make out either Discord or Gray Umbra in the dark cloud.

Very quickly, she heard the sound of wing beats behind her and spun around to catch a glimpse of the gray alicorn charging directly at her.

“No!” Twilight strengthened the durability of her barrier and received the vicious head butt that Gray had dealt. She rocketed back, protected by her magic but nevertheless juggled about within her own spell and tossed aimlessly around the battlefield. The shaking ceased after a moment as she suddenly found herself within the grasp of Discord’s limbs.

“I had you covered Princess, you didn’t need to go and do that,” Discord said exasperatedly.

“Next time make it more apparent,” Twilight scolded. She hid behind him and tried to concentrate once more.

“Now just relax, take your time but hurry up. Don’t worry about a thing, I’ll keep you safe and-”

“Discord, shut up!” Twilight shouted.

“Well excuse me Princess, I was only trying to help!” he replied bitterly.

“You can help by making sure I stay safe,” Twilight responded. Suddenly Gray was on top of them, leering vengefully into Discord’s eyes.

“Begone!” he declared in a moderately raised voice, releasing an explosive wave of magic into them. Discord and Twilight catapulted away from Gray and smashed into each other a few yards into the distance.

“Your shield…” Discord groaned out after recovering from the attack.

“I…know,” Twilight strained out. “I couldn’t keep it up long enough.”

“You foals will die under my hooves,” Gray said increasing his magic output. His body now surged with chaotic energy swirling around him and creating an ethereal effect about his mane and tail. He opened his jaw, focusing magic inside of his mouth. His very next exhale launched the wave of destruction at the wounded party.

The beam of chaos ripped through the ground, blocking out all sound aside from the deafening roar of its fire. Everything in its path was immediately obliterated, strewn about or completely vaporized.

“Get up! We have to get up!” Discord cried out leaping to his feet.

“I can’t!” Twilight winced. “I’m exhausted,” she finished wearily.

“Oh you’ve got to be kidding me. I know your damage tolerance is higher than that!” Discord said as he lifted her up.

“I used a lot of magic to solidify my shield spell! Augh, why do I have to explain myself to you?” Twilight responded then.

Discord snapped his claws together, safely teleporting them away from the attack. From the safety of the sky, they watched as the beam vanished into the horizon. A quick flash of light followed shortly after, and whatever landscape that had previously decorated that particular spot of Equestria ignited in a large dome of fire, smoke, and devastation.

“What in Celestia’s mane?” Discord yelled out. Twilight did not verbally respond, but instead lowered her head and clenched her eyes shut. A sharp pain shot through her entire body.

“Discord,” Twilight said rather sullenly to him. A few tears rolled off of her cheek, startling him.

“What is it?” he asked, keeping an eye on the now debilitated Gray Umbra.

“Thank you, for helping me back there.”

“This is no time for that Twilight,” Discord replied. She flew out of his grip, watching Gray pant a little heavier than before.

“You’re right. That last attack was a lot for him. We’ll use this moment to our advantage. You still have my back?” Twilight asked.

“Why so suddenly severe?” Discord wondered.

“I won’t forgive that pony down there,” Twilight answered without taking her gaze off of Gray. “I’m fed up with this, and I just want him gone. I’m sorry for being so harsh on you earlier, but you’ve proven that you can be relied on.”

“That was eerily close to how Celestia speaks you know,” Discord pointed out. Twilight cast him a stare demonstrating prevailing determination before landing on the ground below. Discord followed, noting the subtle changes within Gray all the while.

“He’s almost recovered fully. It’s too bad we didn’t do anything while he was vulnerable,” Discord complained.

“In hindsight it wouldn’t even matter. He may have been exhausted, but so were we. He still had enough energy to fend both you and me off. We would have just wasted ours while he slowly recovered his. This way we can recover too,” Twilight explained, surprising the draconequus.

“So, I assume you’re ready to perform that spell?” Discord asked.

“Yes. I’ll need you to distract him for me. I think it’ll be easier to concentrate without a barrier spell to focus on as well,” Twilight said.

“Hmph. Somepony has their act together now,” Discord teased. Why he continued his pestering went far beyond Twilight’s reasoning, but she tossed her annoyance aside.

“I just realized that this is a whole lot bigger than just you, me, and him.” Twilight locked eyes with Gray again. His mane assumed its previous glossy appearance as his breathing slowed. The flux of energy from before left his body, leaving Gray to stare back at Twilight in a peculiar fashion of curiosity.

“Just tell me when to move. I don’t want to be hit by that thing either,” Discord said, walking out to meet Gray Umbra directly.

“Whatever you two are scheming, I promise it won’t work,” Gray said confidently meeting Discord halfway.

“Let’s just focus on me right now. So far we’ve been a little hazy on whom exactly the Lord of chaos is,” Discord replied, fighting for Gray’s attention.

“I am aware of your status Discord, yet I care not for it. Trivial disharmony is a joke in my eyes, and one such as yourself is not fit to bear the title of Lord.” Discord summoned a knife and jabbed it into his chest.

“Ouch, you know that really stings!” he cried out in dramatic sobs. He shifted his persona, tossing the knife at Gray in an attempt to hit him. Gray tilted his neck over, allowing the knife to float to the ground as a harmless paper airplane. “If you truly believe in such a thing Gray Umbra, then maybe you are not fit to be considered the pure manifestation of chaos!” Discord accused back.

“I tire of your voice,” Gray brayed out.

“The wife says the exact same thing; I’m used to it.” As quickly as Discord snapped his claws, Gray reacted in defense, flaring his wings out over his body. Nonetheless, the dark alicorn found himself shoved aside by an unseen force, traveling away from Discord and the meditating Twilight. Snapping his fingers a few more times, Discord created a series of theatrical explosions launching Gray Umbra about wildly.

“Now I know I’m no Pinkie Pie, but I sure can throw one heck of a party huh?” Discord asked, prompting sound effects to manifest physically as Gray flew about. Gray broke free of the spell, firing a volley of corrosive magic in Discord’s direction. The draconequus snapped an umbrella into his claw, shielding himself from the magic just before it struck. He then extended the umbrella inside-out, and flung the magic beams back at the evil alicorn.

“So it’s like that then,” Gray remarked holding his wings out. He allowed the bursts of magic to hit, but simply brushed off the attack as if it weren’t even a gentle breeze. He remained still, keeping his wings extended to each side.

“Thanks for the target!” Discord shouted in glee. Within his lion paw manifested a small baseball. Discord’s pitch whistled through the air, catching fire as it traveled along and suddenly spreading into a cluster of scalding fiery arrows.

Gray responded as well, forming six orbs, three to each side of his wings bursting with chaotic magic. A single wing beat launched his chaos bombs, three of which set course for the incoming attack. The remaining spheres of annihilation divided into smaller energy balls, concentrating their damage on Discord himself.

“Roses?! You shouldn’t have,” Discord said snapping his claws. Gray’s menacing attack fell lovingly over Discord as a spray of scented rose petals. The dark alicorn released a frustrated bray, sick to death with the Lord of Chaos and his games.

The next few moments passed quickly for Twilight. Her eyes remained closed as she too was able to catch her breath. A few times she was startled open by a clash between Discord and Gray, but after several more moments her mind quieted, and everything around her became blank.

Start by focusing on the inner self. Work outwards, tracing the networks of magic within. The surest path is the most calm. Feel for it, and grab onto it. Now, circulate your energy, manage the magic that naturally flows inside and keep the flow at a steady pace. Control, control, control. Shift it, mold it, bend it to your whim and channel it through the surest path. Easy…control, control, control…gather the magic, condense the energy and feel again for the surest path. Finally, reach from within, grasping outwards; feel for the natural magic of harmony in the earth, stretch for the peacefulness of the trees, long for the solace of the skies, and collect within yourself the magic of Harmonia…

Twilight’s prayers escaped her mind, traveling throughout the land. She pleaded with the sky and the earth to grant her their peace and solace, even in times of abnormal distress. Her cries of help echoed silently across Equestria, reaching the ears of all nature around her. The conviction within her soul drove her spirit to ask earnestly of the land this time.

The apex of her spell drew closer, prompting Twilight to proceed onward carefully. A natural stream of harmony began its flow inside of her, stockpiling higher and higher within the tip of her horn. Her body tensed, awaiting the subsequent collapse of the pressurized energy. Seconds passed, followed by minutes, eventually leaving Twilight to wonder about this odd feeling; this feeling of being strangely more in control than before. Her body did not overheat this time, accepting the stress that the spell exuded on her form.

It’s working? It’s working! I can feel it…I can feel the harmony all around me!

A warm, whimsical sensation danced around Twilight’s body. In a wave of sudden realization, Equestria became more intimate with her. Every tree, dead and alive whispered lightly into her ears. The sky shared its content with her, bearing down tenderly upon her back. Despite the soiled state of the earth, it too spoke to Twilight, offering her words of encouragement and fortified her will. Happiness and joy welled up inside of her and she no longer felt fear, confusion, or angst. The range of her euphoria traversed well beyond the limits of her own body; saturating the very air in a potent, heartfelt impression.

Discord and Gray stayed their assaults, completely overwhelmed by the sensation that leaked out of the radiant alicorn princess. Discord cracked a grin, socking Gray in the jaw before he could return from his awe. The evil alicorn stumbled back in griping pain.

“How’s that for ‘trivial disharmony?’” Discord mocked and teleported behind Twilight. “What did I tell you? We don’t need the Elements of Harmony. I bet those princesses are feeling what we’re all feeling right now!”

“It’s wonderful,” Twilight commented.

“Well then, do something with it!” Discord shouted.

Twilight’s eyes rested on Gray Umbra in contempt. As if motivated by her feelings against Gray, the magic within her magnified to an incredulous degree, outlining her entire body in an ever flowing array of supernatural harmony. Violet hued flames broke off of the surrounding energy that spiraled around her. Her mane flickered like wild fire, and her eyes revealed the newfound assurance of her abilities.

“Impossible!” Gray sputtered out.

“I won’t let you have your way!” Twilight shouted. A massive wave of magical pressure spewed forth, crashing into the evil alicorn and disrupting his balance further.

Harmonia!

A beam of magic launched viciously from Twilight’s horn, recoiling hard enough for her to crash painfully into Discord. Gray Umbra lifted his wings in defense, blinded by the spell’s penetrating light. Harmonia immediately collided with his body, sending a flux of electrical shocks throughout his system. The ground underneath crumbled in fury as Gray Umbra lit up brighter than the sun. His pain filled cry echoed throughout the land, flying skyward along with him, a trail of residual magic tracing a path for all to see. Higher and higher it climbed until not even the sparking ball of energy remained visible.

“It…sent him…away?” Twilight gasped out in short breaths.

“I suppose so,” Discord replied. “Welcome back. I didn’t know you had such a fiery side.” Discord would not ease her inquiring face, but she had more than a feeling as to what he was speaking about.

“What power…I never felt anything like it before. I thought the harmony from my friends was strong. But the harmony residing in the nature of Equestria is something else,” Twilight panted. She fell over on her back then, wasted from the potent magic she had just released. Discord couldn’t help but smile at her weakened figure, bearing a half-grin while lying on the floor.

“Well be glad that it actually worked this time. I swear I’m on it today. Not once have I been wrong!” Discord rejoiced in a light frolic.

“No wait, what’s that?” Twilight asked squinting into the sky. A feeling of dread washed over her being, shadowing the jubilancy she had experienced earlier.

“Real cliché,” Discord answered, arms crossed indignantly. Both stood terribly awed as the object in question came hurdling down to the earth. A pocket of air formed around it, subsequently collapsing as this winged pony broke through the sound barrier in free fall.

“You can’t mean that all of that power wasn’t enough to destroy him!?” Twilight screamed.

“Talk about falling action,” Discord snarled out.

“Focus, we need to think fast. Harmonia may not have gotten rid of him, but he’s got to be significantly weaker than before. Think you can manipulate that chaos now?”

“It’s worth a shot,” Discord answered. The draconequus held out both of his arms, forming a triangular shape with his hands. Gray’s distant body fell into the shape, granting Discord the ability to zoom in on his falling form. “One hay of an attack there Princess, he’s completely broken,” Discord mentioned astonishingly.

“So take care of the rest! Turn him into a worm or something!” Twilight commanded wearily. Her knees buckled abruptly under the sudden pressure of standing. Dizziness set in and her stomach twisted inside her body. “Cra-crab apples…” she whispered out in pain.

“Here goes!” Discord shouted, folding his paw extensions and talons over each other. From above, Gray Umbra halted his descent, trapped in a mime-like state.

“What are you doing?” Twilight was able to ask after regaining her resolution. She caught his appearance, and understood his lack of speech then. Discord’s brow lined with sweat and his eyes were firmly sealed shut. His arms shook vigorously as he tried to separate his interlocked appendages. Twilight’s gaze turned to the heavens in hopes of further explanation. Eyes suddenly wide open, she gasped at the sight of Gray Umbra dematerializing in the sky.

“Keep it up,” Twilight said grinning. The cheery crease across her face fell however as Gray’s eyes burst open in surprising awareness. The one winged alicorn adjusted his topsy-turvy alignment and examined his fading body. “No,” Twilight uttered lowly. Gray’s wingspan extended to its fullest, his wings utilizing every muscle possible in order to reach his target with the intended speed of a demon.

“No, Discord stop! He’s awake!” Twilight shouted. Her body failed to respond, and she fell once more after trying to rise. A sharp yelp jolted out of her mouth in response to the burning sensation that drilled into her thighs and forelegs. “Discord, Discord can you hear me?!” Twilight called out desperately. Gray approached evermore closer, dematerializing at a slower rate than he was traveling. Twilight forced herself up, grinding her teeth to fight past the searing pain that laid all about her being. She lifted a leg, unable to move without crying in agony.

“Got to…break his trance,” Twilight whimpered painfully. “He defended me…I have to defend him!” she said in an attempt to boost her morale. No more than a few steps however, and her body collapsed, shutting down entirely. Her face lifted off of the soot of the ground, tears streaming down her face smudging the ash around her visage. “Please…please let me help him!” Twilight cried out.

The entirety of Gray’s hind quarters had vanished, dispersing into the world around him. He hastened his pace, storing an unholy accumulation of dark magic in his horn.

“Like I said Discord, it…won’t…work!” Gray Umbra shouted, releasing his magic wave at the draconequus.

“DISCORD!”

Twilight’s scream drowned in the ensuing chaos of Gray’s magic burst. The initial blast consumed Discord’s body, breaking his trance and whipping him about wildly in a flurry of chaotic explosions of fire and lightning. She too lifted off of the ground from the fallout of the attack, knocked backwards by a wall of powerful wind and left over lightning. As she lifted off, her eyes caught sight of the writhing draconequus peering straight at her.

It was almost as if Twilight’s sinking heart dragged her further into the depths of the dread sea. What could she say? How could she respond? Regardless, she was not able to. Her body was sent flailing into a dead tree, snapping its trunk and possibly fracturing something on her side of the impact. Another groundswell of pain rode up on her spine and forced her body to cringe after it fell to the floor. In her current position, she could just barely make out the two distant figures afar, one of which was still being consumed by a ring of fire.

“I’ll admit it, you and Twilight Sparkle had me for a moment, but as I promised, I came out the victor,” Gray said. He wasn’t expecting the screaming draconequus to answer, but he relished in the fact that Discord could very well still see him. “And now, to make sure you don’t interfere any further.”

Two vessels alike in scheme will come together to fulfill my dream. Repair thy form which Discord has destroyed; Yes, a suitable victim to fill the void!” Gray’s chant boomed throughout the field, ending his previous spell. His body floated into the air along with the limp form of the Lord of Chaos. Eerily, a dark wind swept across the land, summoning malevolent clouds of shadow and malice. The sky darkened above the broken Everfree Forest, birthing a funnel of evil to envelop Discord. Gray Umbra’s celestial wing began to wither, torn apart by the very same wind storm, consumed by the same tornado that covered Discord.

Twilight could only watch in agonizing terror as the dark twister lifted itself higher, slamming into Gray’s chest. His screaming echoed everywhere, filling Twilight’s head with fear and saturating the environment in horror. Lightning and thunder accompanied the theatric, adding to the overbearing evil that would surely come about. Little by little, Gray allowed the twister into his body, until all that remained was a solitary ebony scale, frozen in place in front of the panting alicorn. After a moment, he placed the scale in a telekinetic field, pinning it on his wing then and chuckling lowly.

He stretched his haunches, impressed with his own ability and flapped his remaining dark wing. Twilight could not grasp how he was able to fly with only one, but that did not disturb her as much as the naughty grin that stetched over his face.

“W…what?” was all that Twilight could say. She remained prostrate, unable to even breathe without difficulty. Her eyes scanned the area for Discord, frightened at his sudden disappearance. Where did he go? Twilight thought.

“Hahahahaha.”

What?

“Hahahahaha! Hahahahaha, Hahaha!” Gray laughed out. His head lifted high into the sky, mouth open and mane flying about wildly. Twilight shook in trepidation, unsure about everything now. “Poor Twilight Sparkle,” Gray said suddenly, causing her heart to jump. She strained to lift her head in observance, but was aided against her will by Gray Umbra then, lifted into the air with his telekinesis.

“Waaah!” Twilight screamed. Pain ripped at her body as she floated in the air. Her filthy face smeared with dirt and dried tears. More liquid oozed from her eyes as Gray shifted her position so that she was just inches away from his nose. She bore her teeth and sobbed silently, begging for the hurt to depart.

“I’m willing to bet you’re confused out of your mind right now,” Gray chortled impishly. “I just put chaos in its place!” he declared joyously. Another cackle rang out from his throat and he dropped Twilight roughly onto the ground.

“N-no…”

“No? Yes!” Gray shouted, correcting the young alicorn. “Do you know what the saddest part of it all is?” Twilight glared at the stallion with unparalleled scorn. Her will wanted to act, but her body refused to. Gray could read the disdain in her eyes and simply smirked in acknowledgement. “Despite all of your efforts, nopony will ever know what happened to you!”

“Where…is Discord?” Twilight winced out in pain. Gray chuckled evilly, gesturing to his chest.

“It’s all in here,” he replied, pointing methodically at his torso. “And up here,” he said again, motioning towards his head.

“How?” One word responses were now beginning to take their toll on the wounded alicorn.

“Heh, it’s all because of you Twilight. You allowed Discord to become a part of me. You’ve given me his personality, and his powers,” Gray said, demonstrating both. “Do you know how much easier it will be to cover this pathetic world in chaos now!?” Twilight did not respond.

“Well,” Gray Disumbra began, “much easier, especially after I steal your abilities as well.” Gray ‘s smile crept back on his face and he readied his horn for the same enchantment. “Goodbye, Twilight Sparkle.” Gray allocated the energy into his horn and grinned devilishly at his victim. Twilight shut her eyes, accepting the inevitable, unable to even defend herself in speech.

“STAY THY EVIL MAGIC BEAST OF TARTARUS! REMOVE YOURSELF FROM THE COMPANY OF MY FAITHFUL STUDENT!” Gray turned around slowly, an incensed countenance pasted on his face. He bared his teeth in defiance, displaying his new canines as a threat.

“Who dares?” Gray wondered, staring furiously at the figure before him.

“YOUR PRINCESS OF THE NIGHT, ROYAL BLOOD OF THE DIARCHY OF EQUESTRIA, PRINCESS LUNA!”

“Princess…Luna? I see,” Gray spoke, playfully intrigued.

Author's Note:

Hope this chapter lived up to your expectations!