• Published 7th Feb 2012
  • 1,543 Views, 2 Comments

The Spot - The Blu Equine

  • ...
 2
 1,543

Source of the Turmoil

Source of the Turmoil

It was a glorious spring day for the town of Ponyville and the pegasi were enjoying their work this day. Keeping a few fluffy clouds in the sky was all that needed to be done today. Rainbow Dash felt her work was done for the day and decided to knock off early. Deciding upon a spot over Sweet Apple Acres, Rainbow found herself on a cloud between the barn and the south fields, allowing the rhythm of Applejack's bucking and Big Macintosh's running on the conveyor belt to lull her into an almost dreamlike state. Just as she was about to fall asleep, she heard wings flapping. "Those wings are flapping a lot slower than a normal pegasus' wings." remarked Rainbow Dash. And correct she was. She turned around just in time to be face to face with the griffon Gilda. "What're you doing here G? I thought I told you I never wanted to see you again!" yelled a fuming Rainbow Dash. "What would make you think I'd want you to ever come back?"

"Dash I've changed. I'm not the same ornrey griffon I was before, I promise." replied Gilda.

"Oh yea? Why should I believe you after the incident at your own party last year?" inquired a still furious Rainbow Dash.

"You just have to trust me ok? I just want to make amends with everypony I've wronged." replied a sullen Gilda. "You just need to trust me. I've changed, and its for the better."

"I should've forgiven her that day. We could've been flying together even longer. What a foal I was for not believing her sooner." sobbed Rainbow Dash. "I just can't stop thinking about her. I still can't believe shes gone." Thankful she was alone, Rainbow began to sniffle. Nothing she did seemed to help with the pain, even remotely.

*knock knock*

"Hello?" Rainbow Dash heard a timid voice enter her home and she quickly wiped the tears from her eyes as she flew to the door to see who could be knocking at her door this early in the morning. Rainbow Dash flung the door open to see a smiling Fluttershy there with Tank floating just over her flank thanks to his flying device.

"Come on in Fluttershy, I had totally forgot about you polishing Tank's shell. Thanks for doin that for me. What can I do for you?" Rainbow Dash inquired.

"Oh I was just dropping Tank off as I finished his shell early. I figured I'd stop by and drop him off, that is if thats alright." Fluttershy replied in almost a whisper.

"Yea its no biggie. Take a seat, can I get you something to drink?" replied Rainbow Dash.

"Oh nothing for me, thank you though." answered a cheery Fluttershy.

"Alright, I'm gonna go grab a glass of water. I'll be right back." said Rainbow Dash as she headed for the kitchen. As Rainbow grabbed her glass, she seemed almost trance like.

"Hey Gilda, whats wrong? You don't seem yourself today." asked a worried Rainbow Dash.

"Just a long night Dash, nothing to worry about. Lets get to work ok?" Gilda quickly replied. It had been weeks since Rainbow Dash had forgiven Gilda. Rainbow Dash had seen that Gilda had indeed changed and had finally forgiven her. Gilda had been able to join the weather patrol with Rainbow Dash. Gilda had loved every minute of working with Dash. Most days after work, Rainbow Dash and her would go to what Dash called The Spot. Gilda understood why Dash loved The Spot so much. No matter the time of Day, or Night, it always looked so serene and peaceful.

Tonight however, Dash went to The Spot alone. It was just before twilight when something falling from the sky caught the cyan pegasus pony's eye as she was searching for a perfect cloud to rest on. She noticed that the object falling wasn't an ordinary object, it was Gilda! A panicked Dash began flying faster than she ever thought possible. She kept urging her wings to go faster. She was so close to being able to grab her falling friend when she noticed the ground rushing towards her. She knew the impact was coming so she got ready to pull out when she grabbed her friend. But as she was getting ready to grab her friend, she noticed the ground come out of nowhere and she stretched out a hoof to her friend for her to grab before she hit the ground.

*Crash!*

Rainbow Dash came to her senses and was greeted with a worried Fluttershy looking at her. "Rainbow are you ok? You've been crying for sometime. I only came in here after i heard your glass shatter." Rainbow looked down at her hooves and noticed there were shards of glass that weren't there before her trance.

"Yea I'm fine. I just can't stop thinking about Gilda." said a crying Rainbow Dash.

"Rainbow, you couldn't do anything more than you did. Gilda was a good friend to all of us in the end and nobody could've changed her mind in the end." said a strangely stern Fluttershy.

"You're right Fluttershy. I just need to remember all the good times we had together." stuttered Rainbow Dash who had stopped crying almost entirely by now. "Thanks for stopping by Fluttershy. I'll catch ya later, I've gotta go take care of something." And with that Rainbow Dash flew off towards The Spot.

When she got to The Spot, she took two feathers from each wing and stuck them in the middle of Gilda's favorite ring of flowers. "I'll always remember you G. I'll never forget all the good times we had." and with that Rainbow Dash flew off into the twilight sky.