• Published 19th Apr 2013
  • 2,934 Views, 6 Comments

The Canterlot Wedding: Alternate Ending - MightyDestroyer9876



Twilight wakes up in the caves beneath canterlot and must try to kill Queen Chrysalis before the wedding. She then has a life and death battle with her.

  • ...
4
 6
 2,934

The Epic Failure

Twilight and Cadence started making their way to the bottom of the rocky hill they climbed. On their way down, Twilight asked, "So, what is your story?" Cadence turned and stared at her. "What do you mean Twilight?" she asked. "You know, how everything led up to coming down here and me finding you." "Oh. Well, it all started I guess when Shining Armor proposed to me." Just about as they were going closer and closer to the bottom of the hill they both heard a loud THUD. They turned around and saw the Celestia statue fall out of the hole.

Just as the girls were about to celebrate, the statue started sliding swiftly towards them. "RUN!" shouted Twilight. They started running, but the statue was gaining on them. Just as it looked like they would get crushed, they reached the bottom and hid behind a huge rock. The statue hit the rock hard and shattered. The girls were in such relief. "If we were hit by that, we would not have a good day." said the princess. Twilight agreed.

"You know, we could have just jumped to the side and we wouldn't have to run." said Twilight. Cadence frowned. "Are you serious?" she said. "Then again, if we did, we would most likely be severed on those sharp crystals." she continued. Then she had a huge grin wider than a slice of cantaloupe. "Wait. If the statue came down here then that means..." She looked up and the hole was open again. Cadence said, "Well, what are we waiting for? Let's go!" The girls started to dash towards the hill, but then they stopped. They got tired of running from that statue. "Let's just rest here for a few minutes and regain our energy." said Twilight. The girls lay down on the dirt and rested.

Back above ground, Derpy was worried. She started to run inside and hope no pony would notice that she did it. "I think I will just not fly anymore." she said. She started running but then crashed into Dr. Hooves. Derpy was knocked into the air towards the other half of the statue. She spread out her wings hoping it would stop her from touching it. She was about an inch away from it when she stopped. She opened her eyes and gave a sigh of relief. "Good thing I didn't touch this, otherwise this would have fallen." she said as she patted it. Then the statue fell over and blocked up the hole again. Dr. Hooves got up and saw the statue that had fallen. "What is this?" he said sternly. Derpy blushed in embarresment.

Twilight and Cadence were making their way to the top of the hill again when they heard the sound of rolling stone. Dust flew everywhere and when it cleared, the other half of Celestias statue was stuck in the hole again. "Aw come on!" yelled Twilight in rage. Cadence sighed. "I guess we still have to find that sword." she said sadly. Twilight and Cadence started making their way down the hill again and Twilight asked, "So continue the story." "O.K," replied Cadence. "Shining Armor and I were at this fancy restaurant in Canterlot. He then got out of his seat and yelled that he was going to make an announcement. He then got proposed and all that stuff and I said yes. I got so happy I had to use the bathroom. I was on my way when I saw a changeling flying away. I ran outside and chased it down into the gorge beneath where Canterlot hangs off the edge. I hid and the changeling told Queen Chrysalis that there was going to be a wedding. She laughed all evil-like and said that they were going to invade Canterlot and then all of equestria. I raced back and told Celestia. She commanded Shining Armor to put up that spell and all the guards. Chrysalis became me and said to the guards that she was visiting a friend. They let her in and found me. She put me down here and that is how I got here."

"Wow. That must have been weird." said Twilight. The girls reached the bottom of the mini mountain. "Should we start looking for the sword?" "Sure." said Cadence. "Let's not go too far from the hole. If it opens up again, we are getting out. That is the bottom line." Twilight and Cadence started searching around.

Princess Celestia watched as 'Cadence' and Shining Armor walked down the isle. They stopped in front of her. "We are gathered here to-" she began when Derpy flew in yelling Celestias name. "What is it?" the princess asked. "I.....sort of......please don't kill me for saying this, but I accidentally broke your statue and it is clogged down this hole." Celestia replied with a voice like silk, "It is quite all right. I can just have it fixed. She walked out and said "I will have to pause the wedding for a minute or two. I need to get that statue out of that hole." Chrysalis in disguise flinched. She knew that in that hole was the exit from the caves. She ran over to Celestia. "Can we clog up the hole after we get the statue out? I don't want any pony getting stuck down there and stuff." she asked. Celestia beamed. "That is a great idea! I will have to put a royal magical lock so only I can open it.

A lot of unicorns from the royal guard were surrounding the statue. Celestia gave the word and all the guards cast their spell. The combined magic from all of them was able to lift it out. Then Celestia put a decorative circular block to cover it like a stepping stone. A yellow beam of light shot out from the princesses horn and hit the block. "Now we can continue on to the wedding." said Rarity. Rainbow Dash was anxious. "They really need to hurry this wedding up. I want to do my Sonic Rainboom." said the blue pegasus. Fluttershy was worried. "I wonder where Twilight is. No pony has seen her ever sense Cadence ran out during rehearsals crying." she said softly. "Maybe Cadence wanted revenge and did something to Twilight and there is not going to be best mare and Canterlot will go crazy because Shining Armor and Cadence can't get married because there is no best mare and they need a best mare!" said Pinkie Pie quickly. "Don't you remember? You are the new best mare." said AppleJack. "Oh wait! I just remembered! I am the best mare!" said the giggling party pony. "I am a bit worried about Twi though." said AppleJack. "I guess she just went back home and waiting it over." said Rainbow Dash. The other ponies agreed.

"Cadence! Run! The hole is open!" yelled Twilight. Cadence gasped. She grabbed Twilight and flew as fast as she could to the hole. Then, the hole closed with Celestias magical lock. "AW COME ON!" they yelled simultaneously. "Now we definitely have to look for that sword." said Twilight angrily. The girls flew down and started to search. (For real this time.)

Author's Note:

I wanted to make it so it could get funny. The girls starting to look for it and the hole kept on opening and closing and finally for good. I would have had this published for real, but I had a lot of homework and stuff. Expect chapter three within from now till at least the end of June.