• Published 6th Feb 2012
  • 804 Views, 7 Comments

Polished Hooves And Big Apples - Colt_Cuddler_4eva



A new pony is arriving to Ponyville,attracting some attention,but not really the attention he wants

  • ...
7
 7
 804

The New Arrival

With the crowing of a rooster, another day of work started for one of Ponyville’s most eligible stallions. The red farm pony awoke from his slumber with a deep yawn. He shifted out of bed, stretching as his hooves hit to the wooden floor. Once his muscles were fully awake, Big Macintosh put on his yoke then headed out of the room. His sisters were just getting up as well. After a short breakfast, the stallion of the house headed out to see what needed to be done. Something was always needing to be done. Like, fixing a wagon or tilling up the land. Or making deliveries. So, taking a twig of wheat between his teeth, the owner of Sweet Apple Acres started his work. Though, he couldn’t help feeling something was going to happen today. Then again, when doesn’t anything out-of-the-ordinary happen in this town now-a-days? Big Macintosh ignored the feeling and continued on with his work.

Meanwhile, just outside of Ponyville, a dazzling red carriage adorned with purple gems was being pulled to the town by two handsome stallions. Everypony became very curious as the carriage neared, kicking up dust as it rolled closer. Once in the town, the carriage smoothly slowed to a stop. The door started to glow a dull purple, obviously by a unicorn's magic touch, and was gradually opened. A purple gentlecolt wearing a dark navy vest soon stepped out that carriage. His mane and tail were purple and red, the carriage he rode in color coordinated to match perfectly. The horn on his head glowed as the door had, but in his grasp this time was a rose. The stallion sniffed the rose before tucking it neatly on to his vest. At the moment, a frown was set on his lips, but as ponies approached, he painted on a smile. He closed the door behind him and dismissed the stallions that pulled his carriage, allowing them to see the town for themselves and maybe make a few friends. Big Mac was out making an apple delivery when he saw the crowding of ponies. He knew something was going to go on today, but the red stallion decided to just keep to his deliveries. It was none of his business.
Twilight Sparkle was the first to greet the new pony. “Welcome to Ponyville, Mr. …”

“Miamore, my dear,” the purple stallion answered, a smooth Italian accent lacing his words. “Pony Match Maker. Though, currently, I’ma on vacation.” He gave a charming smile that could make any filly swoon. Though he was charming and seemed to be an expert in the ways of love, he himself had no pony to hold. Miamore sighed at the thought but kept his charming act up. He had a reputation to keep. Surely some pony around here knew who he was.

“Well…” Twilight blushed a bit as the stallion smiled so charmingly. “Nice to meet you, Miamore. I’m Twilight Sparkle. Please, enjoy your time in Ponyville.”

“That I will… This town seems to have its.. charms..” He smiled at the other mares, causing them to giggle. Ugh. I feel so ashamed. Flirting when I don’t have the heart to even be with a mare. Miamore pushed the thought from his mind and trotted through the crowd that had accumulated. It seemed a few of the ponies did know who he was. Especially a white mare with a very lovely purple mane and the cutie mark of three diamonds. Beautiful unicorn, she was. She introduced herself as Rarity and Miamore couldn’t help thinking that was just the perfect name for her. And her sister Sweetie Belle. One of the cutest little fillies Miamore set eyes on. And her friends were just as wonderful. He adored Applebloom’s southern accent. And Scootaloo had an air of daring and awesomeness, even if she couldn’t fly properly. The matchmaker respected that. He went on to meet a darling, shy pegasus named Fluttershy, another pegasus with a wild rainbow mane named Rainbow Dash, Applebloom’s older sister Applejack, he was really loving those accents, and finally he met with a pink pony named Pinkie Pie who instantly said there would be a party just for him. Interesting. But he was already starting to like this town and was glad he chose this to be his vacation spot. He was also lucky he didn’t have paparazzi following him. He'd lost them a long time ago. Really, this trip was just random. It was all spontaneous. So he didn’t even have anywhere to stay for the time being. With great hospitality, Applejack offered him a place to stay at Sweet Apple Acres. He liked the name of the farm. Having no other option at the moment, he agreed. After meeting almost all of Ponyville, the unicorn then followed the orange-colored mare to the home of the Apple family. Or at least part of it. On the way there, Applejack shared a few stories about Ponyville and the farm. To think, he spent most of his time in his office at Canterlot. That was one reason the stallion matchmaker didn’t have a relationship. He was always so busy. Then again he made sure to keep himself that way so he wouldn’t have to worry about a relationship. Well, his own relationship.

Once at the farm, Applejack gave a small tour. There he met Granny Smith. She seemed to approve of him but he really wasn’t sure. The old mare had a rather ... unique way of doing things. Before going to the house, Miamore was introduced to the stallion of the house. And what a stallion he was. Big Macintosh was his name. It also made Miamore think why else he was called ‘Big’ besides his size. The larger stallion didn’t speak much though. Their meeting only lasted a moment as the stallion went back to his work. Once his tour was done, Miamore decided to take a walk around Ponyville. He was getting a little peckish.