• Published 11th Apr 2013
  • 601 Views, 13 Comments

The Sun is in Your Hoof - Animegx43



The Sun wil rise tommorow, as long as Twilight Sparkle, Master Otenko, and everypony else believe it wll. Together, they must fight to ensure the Sun will continue to rise.

  • ...
2
 13
 601

The Storm-brewing Immortal

Mjolnar: While she lacked mental strength, she exceeded with pure power. She was not an opponent Otenko wanted a newbie like Twilight to fight, but he knew he had no choice but to have her help him. Lucky for him though, Twilight was probably the best help he could've asked for. The only problem was that she didn't want his help at first.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Twilight Sparkle reached the base of the mountain that Mjolnar took herself to, she wisely looked up to check the weather. A wind storm was taking place around the mountain, which made it dangerous for her to simply fly up after the Immortal. Nonetheless, Twilight flew up cautiously. Whether there was wind or an earthquake, she wanted to rescue her Rainbow Dash.

"MISS SPARKLE!" Otenko shouted as he caught up to Twilight. "If you want any hope in defeating Mjolnar, you will need my knowledge and experience on her if you want any chance to save your friend."

"Save her? You were just telling me that you wanted to put Rainbow Dash into your pile-thing and kill her." Twilight said, who still didn't want Otenko's help.

Otenko shook his head, or his whole body in a sense, to Twilight's comment. "The purpose of Pile Driver is to destroy dark matter, the source of the Immortals power, and destroy the Immortal itself. It is the only means we have to separate Mjolnar from your friend."

"But will it hurt her?" Twilight asked.

"I can't say that I know. I've never seen the Pile Driver used on an ordinary mortal before, so I'm not sure what long-term effects, if any, will occur. Suffice to say, we must fight her in order for us to save your friend and before Mjolnar causes any damage."

"Oh, Otenko. You never let me be me."

Just then, an incredibly powerful gust of wind blew at Twilight and Otenko, smashing them into the mountain side with great force. It was then that they saw Mjolnar, flying in front of them in Rainbow Dash's body.

"Damn it. Had I have been at my full power, you two would've made a new tunnel in that mountain side." Mjolnar said in disappointment. "Oh well. At least I'm still powerful enough to blow this mountain to pieces, and you two along with it!"

"Rainbow Dash, you have to fight her!" Twilight shouted. "We can't defeat her if you can't resist her!"

"I'm sorry, Miss Sparkle." Otenko said. "Once one of the Dusk Sisters takes a body, it's theirs. Rainbow Dash's mind and soul is completely consumed by the Mjolnar. Your friend is completely helpless. Only you and I can save her."

Twilight was still confused by everything that had happened. Around an hour before, Rainbow Dash was standing by her side as a loyal friend, but after the Immortals arrived, Rainbow Dash stood ready to fight Twilight to the death. Everything had went bad so fast that she didn't get a chance to comprehend it all. However, she knew that Otenko was right, and that the only way to help her was to defeat Mjolnar.

"Hahaha! So the only way to stop me is with your friend's help?" Mjolnar asked. "Boy, are you in trouble. I guess I don't even need my full power to destroy you two, and as soon as I'm done, your little town will feel the deathly power of my new wings!"

"You're not going to get away with this!" Twilight said.

"Oh, come on! You had to go and say the most cliché line ever. No matter. You can say all the cliché lines you want in the afterlife with all of your friends, with the obvious exception of me, Rainbow Dash!" Mjolnar said to mock Twilight further. "Now then, bear witness the hammering power of Mjolnar, The Storm-brewing Immortal!"

At that moment, Mjolnar had finally released her true strength. The earth shook up as she released her power, but Twilight was able to keep her ground, but she had to stop paying attention to Mjolnar and focus to do it, what with the earthquake and the powerful winds. After the shaking stopped, Twilight looked back up to the sky to see Mjolnar and saw the new surprise that came her way.

As a result of Mjolnar releasing her power, Rainbow Dash's body transformed to match Mjolnar's needs. Growing twice the height and gaining extra bulk, as well as gaining a fluffier coat with large, razor-sharp horns on her head. Mjolnar's new form resembled more to a goat then a pegasus. After merging herself with Rainbow Dash, this became Mjolnar's new true form.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At that time in Ponyville, Mjolnar was actually missing a lot of the destruction she wanted to cause. After Gungnir claimed the body of Rarity, another of Twilight's friends, she launched a brutal assault on Ponyville as her way of getting used to her new body. As she hid in the shadows, she conjured flames, lightning, and darkness to the buildings and structures of the town. She was really happy that she didn't lose her touch.

"RARITY!" Spike shouted as he and Sweetie Belle ran to her.

"Sis, you need to get inside! Something is attacking us!" Sweetie Belle said in fear.

The poor children had no idea that they weren't talking to Rarity, but they did suspect that something was wrong when she turned her head. Spike and Sweetie Belle moved closer to her at first, but as soon as they were able to see her right eye, they jumped back in shock. Normally, Rarity has two beautiful blue eyes. But after being taken over by Gungnir, the entirety of her right eye became pure black. No white, no other color, just an unnatural black.

Annoyed by the children, Gungnir unleashed a powerful wave of darkness from the black eye, repelling Spike and Sweetie Belle several feet away, knocking them out cold upon hitting a nearby wall.

"I see. The little one is the mare's sister, and I guess the dragon was her slave. Well, now both are my slaves." Gungnir said to herself.

Testing the new unicorn powers she obtained from taking a unicorn's body, she levitated the unconscious Spike and Sweetie Belle and brought them to her. Since it was just her and her sisters in Equestria, Gungnir figured the smart decision would be to find all the help she could get.

"Oooooh! Little children! Are we going to eat their still beating hearts?"

As Gungnir captured her new servants, a purple mist appeared from behind, watching her capture Spike and Sweetie Belle.

"Dear, dear, sister. Why must you be so disgusting?" Gungnir asked.

"Come on! All you're letting me do is mindless destruction. That's what Mjolnar likes. I want absolute chaos and evil! How often do I get to torture and murder someone as innocent as children?"

"Speaking of our sister, do you have any idea who she's fighting right now?"

"Huh? Oh. Some princess or something, right?" The purple mist asked.

Gungnir shook her head. "Princess Twilight Sparkle, and judging by the memories of the pony I've taken control of, she seems very powerful. Here I thought we could revive Sleipnir without the Solar Boy fighting us, yet we just had to land in the home of one this land's most powerful unicorns. So troublesome."

"Yeah, and probably doesn't help that Mjolnar is the weakest of us, not to mention that none of us are at full power yet. I bet her she's getting her ass kicked right now. HAHAHA..."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"...AHHHHH" Twilight screamed.

Twilight ended up biting more than she could chew as she found herself running up the mountain with a giant goat/pegasus hybrid chasing after her tail. She ran faster than her legs could physically move, but she had to do everything she could to avoid Mjolnar's sword like horns.

"Why can't I fly again?" Twilight asked while still running.

"We have to stay on the ground!" Otenko answered as he followed. "If Mjolnar goes airborne, we'll have a huge disadvantage."

"But we're already at a disadvantage!"

After thinking quickly, Twilight looked up and saw the cliffs ahead of her. She recognized the area as an avalanche area, as she remembered a time when a friend of hers accidently caused one. In an attempt to lose Mjolnar, she aimed up and fired a beam of magic at the rocks. This move quickly started an avalanche, which started with a few small rocks, but then the big ones came.

"Are you insane? You'll kill us both!" Otenko said.

"Oh, really?"

Before any rocks could come down and crush Twilight and Otenko, she used her teleportation spell to disappear from Mjolnar's sight, leaving the Immortal as the only one who got hit by the avalanche, which caused her to get knocked down and buried by hundreds of rocks. Twilight and Otenko both reappeared up at a higher point of the mountain, where they couldn't even see the avalanche.

"See? I told you were alright." Twilight said with a smile.

"Twilight, Mjolnar has the raw strength to pierce through iron like paper. That little avalanche will not stop her." Otenko explained.

"Oh, you're exaggerating."

But, as it turned out, Otenko was telling the truth, because when Twilight thought they were safe, she saw none other than Mjolnar herself flying in the air, completely unscathed by the avalanche. On top of that, she gave herself an aerial advantage the moment she started to look for Twilight.

"Now you will see yourself impaled on to my horns!" Mjolnar said as she began to charge Twilight.

"Her attacks are strong, but predictable." Otenko said. "Can you use that teleport spell again?"

Upon Otenko's request, Twilight teleported herself and Otenko before getting hit by Mjolnar's skull bash. Despite missing, Mjolnar's power was proven to Twilight, for the skull bash attack had allowed Mjolnar to fly right through the mountain without losing any speed, digging a large hole through the mountain side. Twilight even had to take a close look at the hole just to believe it actually happened..

"I can't just stand here. I'll have to fly up after her." Twilight said.

"You do, and you will die." Otenko said. "In addition to her brute strength, Mjolnar has the power to summon winds and lightning which will strike down anything that tries to fly after her. We need to get her grounded again."

"And what's a better way of getting her grounded then chasing after her?"

"Miss, Sparkle, digging underground would be a better idea then flying. Her control over the skies are absolute, but if we can keep her on the ground, then we'll only have to deal with her strength. Her speed is also an issue, but she was never this fast back in my world."

The answer to Mjolnar's speed was simple. She was using Rainbow Dash's body. As the pegasus was among the fastest flyers in Equestria, Mjolnar became among the fastest after claiming her body. Twilight did find that Mjolnar was wasn't moving anywhere close to Rainbow Dash's full speed, most likely because the Immortal had fully mastered her new speed..

Twilight was smart, but even she had troubling thinking up a strategy to take down Mjolnar. She thought of it in steps. First: She needed to slow Mjolnar down, despite being unstoppable. Second: she had to keep her on the ground. Third: defeat her.

Before Mjolnar found her way around the mountain and found Twilight and Otenko again, she came up with a plan. The only part of it that she didn't like was that it would use up a lot of her magic, but since her friend's life was at stake, she would've given it up twice if she could've.

"HEY, MJOLNAR!" Twilight shouted as she used her magic to conjure up a large, metal wall. "BET YOU CAN'T SMASH THIS!"

'

Oh, no?" Mjolnar replied. "Bare witness to the full might of the hammering storm!

After accepting Twilight's challenge, she dived down and flew toward Twilight, who once again used her magic to teleport

herself to safety at the last moment. Assuming Twilight went behind the metal wall, Mjolnar charged it, and...

SMASH!

Mjolnar pierced right through the wall with ease and appeared on the other side of it, feeling that there was no challenge to it. However, after thinking about what she did in her head, she noticed two problems. The first was that she had a sudden headache, despite smashing through harder things before, such as the mountain she went through a minute earlier. The Second, and this was what was more important, she realized that she stopped moving. After tackling the wall, she stopped flying and was standing on her four hooves.

"Yeah, you may want to see this." Twilight said from behind.

Mjolnar turned and saw the destruction she caused. She didn't just break through the metal wall. She broke through nine metal walls. She then turned in front of her and realized that she also unsuccessfully tackled a tenth wall, leaving a small dent in it. Twilight took advantage of the fact that Mjolnar wasn't at full power and stopped the juggernaut in her place by creating ten strong metal walls, barely stopping the Immortal in her place.

"Unbelievable! To think this world has such resourceful magic." Otenko said, being impressed by Twilight's talent. "Now then, we need to keep her down!"

"Got it! Now watch this. My friend Applejack taught me this trick."

After casting another spell, Twilight created a rope made of magic,, and then hurled the rope at Mjolnar's wings, lassoing her. As Mjolnar's wings were binded, thereby leaving her grounded, Twilight fired a beam of magic directly on to Mjolnar's back, the spot where she was most defenseless. She kept the stream blasting at her enemy, which caused the Immortal to scream in agony. Normally, Twilight would've shown mercy at that point, but after what Mjolnar did to Rainbow Dash, mercy was the last thing Twilight wanted to give.

"STOP THIS, YOU STUPID HORSE! STOP IT OR I WILL SLICE YOUR NECK WITH MY HORNS!" Mjolnar screamed.

"Then give me back my friend!"

With Mjolnar's body weakened, Twilight stopped her beam of magic and grabbed Mjolnar's whole body with her magic. She sent Mjolnar flying a hundred meters in one direction, then, using the full force of her magic, she sent the Immortal flying into the final metal wall with great speed and force. Upon impact, both of Mjolnar's horns got smashed into the tiniest of pieces as she let out one last scream of pain.

That was the final attack. With her magic all but exhausted and her own strength gone, Twilight Sparkle had defeated the Immortal, Mjolnar. As proof, Mjolnar fell to the ground with no signs of getting up.

"I don't believe it. You actually did it!" Otenko said. "Django, my real partner, couldn't defeat that Immortal under similar circumstances, and yet you managed to do it perfectly! Nicely done, Miss Sparkle!"

"Oh...thanks, Otenko. But boy, that took it all out of me. If I had to fight her again, I'll probably be dead." Twilight replied.

"Oh, that reminds. We're not done yet. We need to get her into a coffin ASAP!"

Twilight only expected to save Rainbow Dash by forcing Mjolnar into submission. She had no idea there was more after the fight, nor did she had any idea what the coffin was for.

"A coffin? Why do we need a coffin? Please don't tell me that I just killed Rainbow Dash."

At that moment, an epiphany had struck Otenko. "That's right. I didn't tell you about this step yet, so of course you're not prepared for it."

It was then that Otenko looked back at Mjolnar's body, which started to get covered in a black smoke coming out of her. Because Twilight was never actually prepared to battle an Immortal in the first place, a new problem occurred. One that would've made the entire battle Twilight and Otenko went through for nothing, all because they didn't bring a coffin.

Author's Note:

Good news: One of the three villains have been defeated
Bad News: Or maybe not!

What will happen next? If you've read this story before I started to revamp it, then you already know. If not, I'll have chapter 4 ready soon.