• Published 11th Apr 2013
  • 601 Views, 13 Comments

The Sun is in Your Hoof - Animegx43



The Sun wil rise tommorow, as long as Twilight Sparkle, Master Otenko, and everypony else believe it wll. Together, they must fight to ensure the Sun will continue to rise.

  • ...
2
 13
 601

Purifying Mjolnar

The Pile Driver: The ultimate weapon for battling the Immortals. Despite the restrictive requirements before even using it on the Immortals, it is the only way to truly destroy the dark beings once and for all. It was Twilight Sparkle's only hope to save her friend from Mjolnar's grasp.

There was just one small catch to using it though: It required a coffin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Miss Sparkle. With all of that crazy magic of yours, can you by any chance conjure up a coffin?" Otenko asked.

"A coffin?" Twilight asked. "You mean...please tell me I didn't just kill Rainbow Dash!"

Otenko shook his head. "We need it to contain Mjolnar before she gets away. Do you think you can make one up? If you can't, then all that fighting will have been a waste of time."

"Well, I'm a little drained after that fight, but..."

After Mustering as much strength as she could, even though she was left exhausted, she began conjuring a new spell. After her struggle with the Immortal, she was already left with little magic, but Otenko made it clear that their work wasn't done. That said, she poured in what she could muster and created a large, purple coffin.

"Great. Now trap Mjolnar inside of it." Otenko ordered.

As Otenko requested, Twilight used her magic to slam the open coffin directly on to Mjolnar and locked her inside. The coffin began to shake as Mjolnar tried to get out, but she couldn't escape.

"Perfect. Now there's only one more step, Miss Sparkle. At the bottom of the mountain, I summoned the Pile Driver. To purify Mjolnar and save your friend, we'll need to bring the coffin down there."

"Wait! Now I need to drag this thing down the mountain?" Twilight asked.

"Well I certainly can't summon the Pile Driver up here. So unless you have a better idea, you've got some pulling to do."

Normally, Twilight would've used her magic to lift the coffin into the air and bring it down with great ease, but the more things Otenko had her do, the more she found herself drained of energy. She wanted to bring the coffin down the mountain ASAP, but knew she couldn't if she were to use her magic alone, and although she's an alicorn, she doubted that she would've been strong enough to pick up the coffin and fly down with it either.

After looking down the mountain and looking at the trail below though, she had an idea.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"YOU CALL THIS A BETTER IDEA?" Otenko screamed at the top of his non-existent lungs.

"IT SOUNDED BETTER IN MY HEAD!" Twilight answered.

Did Twilight Sparkle had a plan? Yes. Was it a good one? Probably not.

Rather then lifting the coffin and dragging it down the mountain, she did something reckless, but she was desperate enough to try it. Using the coffin itself, she and Otenko had actually rode on it down the side of the mountain, moving down it at a tremendous speed. The terrain was rocky, but by using her wings and the little magic she had left, Twilight was able to steer the two of them down the mountain. The faster they went, the more Otenko wished he didn't bring Twilight with him on his quest.

"Please tell me the Pile Driver isn't on the other side of the mountain!" Twilight said.

"I know I'm going to regret saying this, but...make a harsh right turn! NOW!" Otenko ordered.

On Otenko's request, Twilight made right a turn that almost made her lose her balance. Right when she regained her balance though, the coffin flew over an edge, sending it, Twilight and Otenko flying. Fortunately, they were near the ground. Ironically, that was also the unfortunate thing.

CRASH!

Both Twilight and Otenko made a hard landing at the base of the mountain, but they were both alright. They were both disoriented, but safe. The coffin also had a rough landing, but it remained shut. It was not the smartest plan Twilight had ever thought of, but it certainly worked.

"Ow...you okay, Otenko?" Twilight asked.

"Bah. I've suffered through worse." Otenko answered, not telling the alicorn that he was beyond scared by the experience. "More importantly though, the Pile Driver is just up ahead. Let's move."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As there was no mountain to slide on, Twilight had to use her magic again to drag the coffin to where Otenko guided her. They reached a flat grassy surface with strange markings on the ground. The markings formed a very large circle around the area. In addition to the four circles inside, there was also a fifth circle in the very center with a coffin-shaped mark inside. This was the Pile Driver.

"Miss Sparkle, place the coffin into the center." Otenko ordered.

On command, Twilight sent the coffin to the middle of the markings. Upon so, the coffin suddenly positioned itself to cover the coffin mark perfectly, turning the Pile Driver's markings red for a brief second upon so. A moment later, four green machines with flat surfaces emerged from out of the four circles, with the flat surface aiming directly up.

"GAHH! What are those?" Twilight asked.

"Those are the generators. They amplify the solar energy of the Sun itself and fires that energy at the center of the Pile Driver, incinerating the Immortal's dark matter and preventing any chance of them reviving themselves. As long as the Sun shines upon us, it will destroy Mjolnar."

"But what about Rainbow Dash? She's the one I'm worried about."

Otenko already said that he wasn't sure about what would happen to Rainbow Dash, so he didn't know what else to say. All he could do was give Twilight a worried look. "In any case, we need magic to activate the generators and to keep them running. Strike each one and we can get started."

Trusting Otenko, Twilight fired four magical beams at the four generators, causing the flat, mirror-like surface to lower down and aim toward the coffin in the center. After firing the beams, Twilight lost her balance and almost tripped over her own hooves.

"Whoops. I'm alright." Twilight said.

"Hmm...Miss Sparkle, I've been meaning to ask you something." Otenko said. "What exactly is the source of your magic?"

Twilight didn't expect to hear such a question. Of course, since Otenko was a guest to Equestria, she could understand if his magic worked differently. She found it odd of him to ask though since she was able to turn on the generators.

"My magic? Well, it basically comes from within me. All ponies in Equestria have magic that come from their own beings. As a unicorn, I'm simply able to use that magic to their full potential. I guess you can say I'm my own power source."

"Your own...oh my..." Otenko said as he deeply thought about what he learned. "This will not do. I can see this becoming a problem."

"What? How come?"

Just then, the coffin in the Pile Driver began to shake. After being trapped inside a coffin, being ridden on and getting a rocky ride down the mountain, Mjolnar wanted out.

"Not important. Get in front of the Pile Driver now. We need to purify Mjolnar now." Otenko said.

There was still questions Twilight wanted to have answered, but agreed that it wasn't the most important thing at the time. As Otenko had ordered, Twilight stood in front on the Pile Driver and was as ready as ever to destroy Mjolnar and reclaim Rainbow Dash. As she got into position, Otenko floated in the air and unleashed a mighty yell.

"TAIYOOOOOOOH!"

As Otenko's voice echoed throughout the area and the generators filled up with solar energy, the earth shook and the area grew dark, but the markings on the ground glowed bright enough to allow Twilight to see perfectly fine. All of Twilight's surroundings became invisible to her, allowing her give her full attention to the Pile Driver and Mjolnar.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And thus, the purification began. When the Pile Driver was all Twilight could see, the four generators went to full power and fired four beams of yellow light directly into the coffin as it opened up, blasting Mjolnar from four directions.

"HOT!" Mjolnar shouted in pain.

"Alright! It's working!" Twilight said with joy.

Sadly, the joy was short-lived. As she saw the Pile Driver purifying Mjolnar, the light started to get forced back by beams of darkness, which emanated from Mjolnar herself. Twilight saw this and knew it wasn't a good thing.

"Quickly, Miss Sparkle!" Otenko said. "Blast the generators to reinforce the beams! If the dark matter reach the generators, she'll deactivate them!

"On it!" Twilight said.

To counter Mjolnar's defense, Twilight fired more beams of magic at each individual generator, causing them to become strong enough to push the dark matter back and continue purifying the Immortal. The longer the fight went on, the more pain Mjolnar went through, but she wasn't willing to go down that easily.

"DARKNESS GALE!"

To stop Twilight, Mjolnar unleashed a mighty wind from her coffin, sending Twilight flying. She was having a long day and didn't know how much more she had left in her. Despite the lack of strength, she knew that she needed to save Rainbow Dash and wouldn't let anything stop her from saving her friend, so she fought the powerful wind and marched forward, making her way back to the generators.

"Mjolnar, I still don't quite know who your are, but no one, and I mean NO ONE, takes my friends away from me!"

As she used the last ounces of her magic, Twilight fired one last beam of magic directly at Mjolnar herself, causing the dark matter countering the generators to weaken. Both the alicorn and the Immortal were greatly weakened and both were on their last legs. Due the stronger will-power that belonged to Twilight Sparkle, she able to keep Mjolnar at bay long enough for the Pile Driver to finish the purification. The dark matter became too weak to fight back, resided back to Mjolnar, and after what felt like forever, the Pile Driver delivered the final blast of light into the Immortal's body.

"Stubborn ponies! Just like the worthless humans, you try to stop the destruction I bring! Now my sisters will get to watch your world crumble without me! I hope you're happy! I sure know Missel Tow will be."

With her final speech, the dark matter of the Storm-brewing Immortal turned into light and lifted from Rainbow Dash's body. The dark matter was finally destroyed along with Mjolnar, and thus, the purification was successfully completed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shortly after getting back Rainbow Dash's body from Mjolnar, Twilight brought her under the shade of a nearby tree. The first thing Twilight noticed was how hot Rainbow's fur was, so she wanted to get her friend out of the Sun. Rainbow Dash was unconscious and was breathing weakly, but was very much alive.

"You did well, Miss Sparkle." Otenko said. "Now there's only two of the three Dusk sisters. The bad news is that the remaining two will be even harder to destroy, as Mjolnar was merely the soldier of the three.."

"I'm not worried." Twilight answered. "If I was able to beat Mjolnar by myself, then I won't have any problems if I fight with the rest my friends. Believe it or not, me, Rainbow Dash and my other four friends have been able to defeat bad guys much stronger than Mjolnar."

"I sure hope you have, Miss Sparkle, for the worst has yet to come. For now, we must return to your home to track down Gungnir."

"But what about Rainbow Dash?"

"She'll be fine. We can get help once we go back. For now, staying here is pointless."

Twilight wanted to stay by Rainbow Dash's side after all she went through, but she knew that Otenko was right. For Rainbow Dash to get the right care, Twilight had to go back to Ponyville to bring her medical attention. She would've used her magic to help carry her friend, but that was out of the question since she had none left.

Twilight had no idea what Gungnir was doing while she was away from home, which gave her another reason to return home as quickly as possible. Since she didn't have any other options, Twilight opened her wings and took flight to Ponyville, not knowing what to expect to happen next.

She knew one thing that was for certain though: It was only the start of something big. Something REALLY big.