• Published 12th Apr 2013
  • 606 Views, 20 Comments

Brandon Pierce: An Equestrian Tale - BronyInDisguise



One misstep, one wrong move, can change your entire life. Just ask Brandon.

  • ...
2
 20
 606

Chapter 1 - Brandon Pierce

Chapter 1

"What is taking that man so long?"

The large man sat at his desk, overlooking the files that had been on his desk for quite a while. The files showed schematics, drawings, part lists. All of which shown a large circular device, what you and me would call a portal.

The man in question was dressed in black tuxedo. He was in his mid 30's and was already beginning
to show signs of age. Stress shown evident in his eyes.

The phone rang

"Finally!" The man almost jumped at the phone on his desk.

"Dr. Abernathy"

"Dr. Grant, have you received the schematics for the Warp Gate?"

"I have. Everything looks to be in order. When will it be ready for testing?"

"Very soon. Within three days"

"Excellent. I will begin plans to meet you there"

"Your coming here sir?"

"Of Course, I would not want to miss out on this opportunity of a lifetime. Just think, if this works, we will be able to travel to different worlds. Just think of the possibilities!"

"We will make sure it lives up to your expectations Sir."

"Make sure it does. It is your jobs on the line after all. Don't fail me Dr. Abernathy."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*WHACK*

"Huh, What!?"

With ruler in hand, Mr. Winters stood above me, a disapproving look on his face.

"Good morning Mister Pierce. I trust that you had a good nap."

The entire class burst into laughter. I look around the room, half asleep, as the other students laughed. It wasn't really that bad. I had gotten used to it by now.

"Sorry Mr. Winters. Had a long night."

"I hope it was a long night of studying, because that's exactly what you need. Now pay attention."

Yeah, that's gonna happen.

Yeah, that's me. The guy who sleeps in class because he always finds an excuse to stay up late. My name is Brandon Pierce Just your typical college freshman.

Lets see, a little about myself. Well, back in grade school they used to have you write a paper on yourself and your experiences up to that point. Lets try it that way.

This is probably what it would look like.

Hi, my name is Brandon Pierce I was born in Brigham City, Utah. I have short curly hair, green eyes, and huge cheek bones. I was raised by my loving mother and father, who have taken care of me very well as far as I can tell. I never had to move away from Brigham City until recently, when I finally became old enough to move out on my own. I decided to go to Utah State University to study Computer Tech and Music Exploration. I've had a pretty standard life, compared to my fellow students. I currently live in a student housing center on campus.

My Hobbies Include:

Playing Acoustic Guitar
Video Games

Yeah, that's about it... At least, that's what I would be willing to put out there. If I were to be completely honest, the ending would look something like this.

My Hobbies Include:

Playing Acoustic Guitar
Video Games
Watching My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
Reading MLP Fan Fiction

I've become a totally different person haven't I?

I have been a Brony for approximately 6 months now. I was sucked in due to a friend from my old school telling me to watch the first few episodes before I made any judgments about it. Well, it worked. I enjoyed the bright colors of the land of Equestria. I enjoyed the adventures that Twilight and her friends went on. Whenever I watched the show, i felt good inside.

Despite this, I have done my best to keep my like of the show a secret. I don't walk around school carrying a badge, I don't post anything online about ponies, I don't even talk to other bronies about the show. I just keep it to myself. Mainly because I knew that If anyone were to find out, my brothers would find out. And if my brothers found out... lets just say that there would be carnage.

I don't regret not telling anyone. I've been perfectly fine with keeping it to myself. It is my own little secret I plan to keep it that way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Alright class, any questions?"

I look up at the board, there was so much stuff written on it that I didn't understand. Maybe I should have been keeping notes.

"Remember, there will be a test on this on Friday."

Yep, I really should have been keeping notes. I look up at the clock. Only 5 more minutes till we can leave. Just let us go early please.

"Alright, class. Before I let you go, I'd just like to remind everyone that there will be a field trip tomorrow at the Logan State Science Lab. I trust that you will all attend. It is worth 10% of your final grade."

My first thought was Yes! a break from this boring crap. My Second thought was ugh, I don't want to go to a boring science lab. Were probably just gonna be looking at test tubes or something. But, 10% was a lot, so i guess I was going.

A Loud Bell rang.

Thank you Bell. I'm heading home!

I pack up my things and head out the door. The smell of the Late summer air filled my lungs as I began my walk to my apartment. As I walked I weighed options in my head.

Lets see, study for the science test, watch ponies. Study for science test... watch ponies...

It wasn't very hard to make a decision.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Beep, Beep, Beep, Beep

I can't believe it. I swear I just lay'd down a second ago to sleep, Now its time to wake up?!

I throw my arm in the general direction of my alarm clock and slam on the snooze button.

"How late did I stay up last night?"

I remember it now. I had found a new Pony Fan Fiction and had read the entire thing in one night. I must have only gotten a few hours of sleep.

Before I knew it, that dreaded sound came back

Beep, Beep, Beep, Beep

"I swear I'm gonna kill that alarm clock one of these days."

I slowly lift my head up, then an eternity later, I lift my myself up. Another eternity later, I get out of the bed. I was in my bedroom, a small room big enough for a bed, a drawer for my cloths, and a desk with my laptop on it. I feel my way over to the bathroom were I begin to take a shower.

"Maybe if I turn on the cold water, that will wake me up."

Long story short, don't ever turn on the cold water in the shower.

After the shower, I fumble my way downstairs were I begin to look for some kind of breakfast.

I sit there, eating my Captain Crunch, thinking over the simple fact. "Is it worth 10% of my grade to go to this thing?" Honestly, If I had had that thought when I was in my bed, I would have immediately fallen back asleep. But now, I was up, showered, and had food in me. There was no turning back now.