• Published 5th Apr 2013
  • 3,696 Views, 83 Comments

The Hunt - quill and ink



3 ublooded Predators known as Dark, Wolf and Celtic go on a hunt into a new land and a new planet to hunt on. But what they don't know is that something is hunting the hunters.

  • ...
17
 83
 3,696

The only easy day was yesterday... Well not for Wolf.

"Come on out motherfucker !"

-Wolf

Wolf

Pain was all Wolf could feel Yuatja warriors were trained to be tough but this was almost too much. He had been impaled by the Pony that had tricked him, into his trap. And yet somehow after all of the battle he had endured he was still breathing. But breathing was all he could do. after a battle like that you will be weakened even a Yautja. At least for the time being. Wolf opened his eyes to see he was in a brown like space with holes poked in it. The space he was in was constricting to say the least, almost like he was in an shipping box, and if that was the case it shouldn't be hard to break out of it.

Wolf tried lifting his arms in the space but to no avail he was too weak and didn't have full strength yet. He couldn't even move his legs. Wolf was unable to break out the box. He would just have to wait till something opened the box, then Wolf would do his best to disembowel whatever it was. Eventually Wolf's wounds were too much and he fell into slumber. He tried fight it but it was inevitable Wolf had fallen into slumber once more.

*CREeeak !*
Wolf opened his eyes at the sudden noise of his transport crashing over. He felt the box shift left and him along with it, the box had continued to keep moving back and forth till a part of the box had popped open opened and Wolf fell out and landed on his face. Wolf tried to stand but even this simple thing was hard for him and he fell on his shoulder. Wolf got a look of his suroundings, he was in a metal sealed storage area, there were many boxes around him including the one he recently broke out of. Wolf heard noises of screaming and terror coming outside of the room he was in. He needed to see what was happening but he wasn't going anywhere with his wounds, he needed to find a medi-comp or something to patch up his body. Or he was a goner. Wolf started smashing boxes or tried to, the one box he was able to smash contained something he could not do without. His bio-mask. Wolf respectively picked it up and slid it onto his face, he wondered if one of his hunting tools were in these boxes the others should be in the within the other boxes. He proceeded to carefully open the boxes and retrieved all his equipment back. And luckily he had found his medi-comp and it had a few more uses.

After wolf was healed he opened the door (and by opened I mean kicked down) and noticed that the boxcar was empty save for a few pieces of luggage that was strewn across the place. While analyzing his surroundings Wolf found a window. Wolf smashed the window open then and what he saw had saddened him. He was missing out on the fun. Serpents ran rabid around the cobblestone streets of this settlement he was in. The serpents were devouring the populace and harvesting them, While Wolf looked in amazement at the corpses strewn across the streets he noticed else, his hunt brothers had started without him and were attacking the serpents but there was three hunters he had not recognized. The hunters had intricate designs on there masks. Ones mask was in the shape of an serpent and had one serpent impaled on his wrist bracer and another in his hand who's neck had been broken. The other one was 9 foot tall and his mask was has gill like indentations on his mask and had been firing plasma shots at anything that wasn't Yautja. The last of the group had a mask like no other his mask was ridged and had pieces of his mask gone showing his face. He was equiped with a combi-stick a highly honored weapon. Wolf was so focused on the skill and precision the hunters had shown ,he did not notice a Serpent was sneaking right behind planing to impale Wolf (again) with its razor sharp tail.

Wolf would have been impaled if not for the Yautja with the cobi-stick who threw his it strait at the serpent behind Wolf. The Serpent let out a pained shriek as it flew through the air and was pinned to a tree. The warrior then turned to Wolf and clicked loudly.

"Come with us if you want to live !"

Wolf complied and leaped over to the group

"Started the party without me ?" Wolf asked the group who were slowly getting swarmed

The Yautja responded "NO TIME ! everyone head to the forest !" and the group of hunters complied.

The hunters escaped the area before more serpents could surround the area and overwhelm them. The hunters took no time to back to their makeshift camp in a mossy cave. The serpents that did follow them were quickly dispatched. Wolf was the last one behind the group, before they had all moved into the cave and were safe. For now.

"That was some good killing back there Wolf said to the group" Wolf said to the group who responded with silence

"So anyone want to tell me what happened ?" Wolf said adjusting his wrist bracers.

"The Tgh dhi'rauta guan (The cunning night) had crashed into the planet." Spartan said

Wolf was taken back at this, surely a ship that strong could not be taken down so easily.

"How ?!" Wolf said clenching his fists

"Within the cargo hold an impregnator had escaped and took one of us by surprise, and created an Abomination. Which took out the engines." The Yautja said leaning against the wall of the cave.

Wolf felt utter shock and grief for his fallen brothers aboard the Tgh dh'rauta guan and would morn and avenge them soon. But Wolf had more questions

"So what are you all doing here ?" Wolf said sitting on a nearby rock

"We are the rescue/demolition team." The leader said.

"Demolition ?"

"This planet is already 20% Serpent and each hour the percentage goes up 10%." The Yautja explained.

"So we destroy the planet instead of having another hunting reservoir ?" Wolf said

"This is not a controlled environment. When we colonize planets with Serpents its because the creatures chosen on the planet don't have radiation. This planets residents have plenty of it, and if left unchecked the entire planet would be a radiation zone therefore we could't hunt here. And if the Serpents keep reproducing with residents there will be too much radiation and too many Serpents. And if were going to get to the heart of this infestation we will need all the help we can get" The Yautja said without stopping. Wolf had one more question.

"I want to help cleanze this planet, but if i'm going to help you do that we need to find my brothers."

"There are others ?" The Yautja said

"Yes." Wolf said

"Then we will try to help you find them but finding them is out second priority. If we don't find them in time there's nothing we can do."

Wolf sighed "Well better for them to die an honorable death than be turned into an abomination." Wolf said standing up. "And one more thing what are all of your names ?"

The one with the Serpent mask said "Serpent."

The next one with the gill mask said "The names Chopper."

The last on the leader said his name was "Night Stalker."

Author's Note:

I'm back !

After a long hiatus i'm taking of the cobwebs and starting this back up. Now what i'll need you the readers to do is tell what I need to add or fix, or give me some Ideas on the next chapter. Anyways see ya'll.