• Published 2nd Apr 2013
  • 726 Views, 3 Comments

A glitch in the program - Lonepone



I (under a fake name with exaggerated circumstances) am transported to ponyville, and turned into a mare. This story is a part of the multi narrative story I'm writing.

  • ...
3
 3
 726

Dark whisperings

The wormhole deposits me into a cold, abandoned warehouse. It's dark in here, and only one thing is lit up.

I gallop forward towards Vinyl Scratch. I look her over, and my own body seems to ache in sympathy. A rib sticking out of her chest, a split lip, multiple bruises from being hit, a few smack marks, and her right knee cap is cut off. Then I see the stab wound, right into her heart. And there's a playing card in it. A king.

I dip myself into the flow of this story, hoping to rewrite her so her injuries are gone. I concentrate, but this is harder then making a can of Mtn. Dew appear. Eventually, I think I've done a passable job of stitching her up. But it doesn't seem to have any effect.

I try something new. I reach out with my mind, I reach out to her, but all I feel are the last fading wisps of consciousness. I try to grab on to them, to hold them, to pull them back, but it's like trying to pick up water with a strainer. All I manage to do is hold on to the last tiny amount of her soul, and hold on to it. I'm trying to figure out what to do with it, when a voice inturrepts me, and I almost lose my grasp on it.

"She's dead. Let her go, you can't bring her back. You can't do anything with that last wisp" the voice spunds familiar, but i don't think about it at the moment. All I think is that he must have some of the same talents as me, so maybe together.

"Alone, I can not, but maybe together?" I feel the strangers mind hold onto the wisp, and then let it go.

"Leave the dead with the dead. Us living have enough to worry about" he says.I turn around to see the stranger, tears in my eyes. He gives me a disapproving look. "Really? You're crying? I thought I'd be stronger then that" he catches my surprised look. "What, haven't you been wondering why you're depression, you violence seems to have been missing lately?"

What he's saying is impossible. "I'm not you. You are a horrible person to have killed a pony" I launch my mind at his, attempting to rip the truth from his mind. To my surprise, he doesn't try to hide it. He does the opposite. He thrusts the truth onto me, overwhelming me.

Of the night on which I dreamed of ponies, of how the dream became something else. Of how he became him, not me. Of walking up for the first time, experiencing everything for the first time. Of feeling that beauty, but all the concentrated rage, anger, and misery bursting out, and destroying what he was admiring, a butterfly. Of him hating himself, only adding to the negativity. And then a thought. That he got all my negativity, freeing me. He was born, and then emediatly put under a great burden, all because my subconcouse wanted to be free.

And then a twisted thought, a way to gain power, feed off thought, and then corrupt me, so I can experience what I forced apon him.

"You see, I'm made from thought. I feed off of it. All the hate, anger, sadness. It gives me power. So why doesn't love, joy, and happiness give you power? Because your not like me. Your mortal, while I'm something else"

He changes shape, into a person. Into me. I'm shocked, not knowing it was possible.

He reads my thoughts. "Of course it's possible. You can change everything around you, so why not yourself?"

I focus on how I was, on my shape, my clothes, and I feel my body shift, my bones grow, stretch, rearrange, my innards move and change. My face morph.

The other me laughs. "I look hot as a chick" because, yeah. Looks like I can't change my gender.

I look down at myself. "What do you call yourself?" I ask him.

"Runner. I am Runner"

"Well, Runner, I agree with you. I am hot" he laughs, and I join in with him. Then the thoughts of our differences and similarities returns, and we stop.

"At the risk of sounding cliched, I have to kill you. It's the only way I can be whole, to have a heart. I'm just a shadow, a Nobody, capital N"

Those lines trigger certain memories in both of us.

"Do you have to do it this way?" I ask him.

"Maybe. I'll let us fight it out. Victor gets to live, and not be destroyed" I hear a familiar shnick. I look down to his right hand, and there is a Keyblade. It's a dark black and grey one, with the key chain being his cutie mark, a red knife.

"Can't get it up? I'll help you. You wanna know who's responsible for Rainbow Dash'es death? Us. I whispered into Celestia's ear, convincing her that is what she had to do. And thn I had Celestia kill herself when she wasn't useful. I killed Vinyl Scratch here just for fun. Don't you hate me? But I am you"

I lose it. His words infuriate me so much, I breach a walk in my mind I didn't know existed. I feel a weight settle in my right hand. I open my eyes, and look at my weapon. It's a red and white, mostly white, blade, a heart as the keychain. Not much flourish, simple, and to the point.

"That's more like it!" He says, and lunges at me, keyblade pointed at my heart.

Author's Note:

I was going to add the fight scene in with this chapter, but I decided to put it in it's own chapter. Anypony know what I was referencing?