• Published 2nd Apr 2013
  • 726 Views, 3 Comments

A glitch in the program - Lonepone



I (under a fake name with exaggerated circumstances) am transported to ponyville, and turned into a mare. This story is a part of the multi narrative story I'm writing.

  • ...
3
 3
 726

Congrats, you broke physics

I walk into the kitchen, unsure of what to do with myself. I see a jar of jelly, and a loaf of bread laying on the counter. And one of my awesome and wierd thoughts pop into my head.

"Hey, Whooves, if you spread jelly on bread, it always lands on the jelly side, right?"

He looks at me. "Yup. What are you thinking?"

"Something. Watch" I try to open the jar of jelly, but I don't have fingers. I sit there for a few moments trying to open it. I give up and just glare at it, wishing it would open itself.

I'm surprised when a dark green aura envelopes the can, lifting it a few inches off the counter. I can't figure out what's going on, until I remember I'm a unicorn. I facehoof.

I concentrate on the jar, and think off twisting the cap. I end up twisting the jar off of the cap, but it accomplished the same thing.

Now onto the bread. I focus on the plastic packaging, on the tiny twist tie. But I'm not ready for tiny things like that, as I end up ripping the the end of the bag. Great. I pull out one slice of bread, and concentrate on it while I pick up a blob of jelly. A bead of sweat appears on my forehead. I generously coat both side of the bread with jelly.

"So what happens when I drop this?" I ask him rhetorically. I lift it up off the counter, and then release it and watch it drop to the floor. It stays perfectly upright, lands on its crust, and stays there standing upright.

"Congratulations. You broke physics and space time" Whooves says dryly.

"Oh noes! Is I gonna die?!" I ask sarcastically.

"We're all going to die"

I fall to my knees, and put my hands, er, hooves in the air. "Oh, what pony gods there may be, what the buck have I done?"

Whooves does a facehoof.

Author's Note:

Hey, I was bored yesterday so I wrote this. It's not really important to the story, just a little something that popped into my head. I guess it serves the purpose of showing me trying to use magic for the first time.