• Published 2nd Apr 2013
  • 2,048 Views, 33 Comments

Normal is Relative. - Bananaroni



You are a human in a time were you are either a slave or a status symbol. You are different as you are small and your eyes are of two different colors. You were insulted by everypony who looked at you.

  • ...
12
 33
 2,048

4. Bed

"Rarity, are you ok?" you ask in a bit of panic. Surely breaking a pony would get you in a lot of trouble.
Not 'surely', of course it will!
She shakes her head and blinks a few times before smiling. You let out a breath you were holding in. "Yes, dear. I'm fine. Just... what you said. I would have never thought a human would ask anything like that. It was... Philosophical, for lack of better words."
Not understanding a few parts of what she said (including how she would never except a human to say that as it was a simple question, and not understanding what philosophical meant) you ask her "What does 'philosophical' mean?"
"It means... Huh. I am not entirely sure how to answer that. No matter." she looks out the window to see the sun making its decent out of the sky.
You have re basic understating that the princess, Celestia, lowers the sun and Luna, the other princess, raises it. You prefer the nighttime, mostly for the darkness. You find it more secure under a blanket of black with glowing specs then under a single blob that is so bright it can blind you.
Many ponies would disagree with you, but you don't care. Not that it matters what you think. There is nothing you, a little human, can do. Your voice may be real, but it doesn't travel far. Falling upon deaf ears.
That is, if you said your opinions out, which is a crime for humans. Unless asked, you shall not have freedom of speech.
You do have quite a bit to say about that.
"Oh, it's getting late!" She says, putting the book down. "I think we both can use some sleep!"
You nod and walk to the corner of the room. You find a warmer spot on the relatively cold floor and curl down in a ball on it. You see Rarity tilting her head at you. "What are you doing?" she asks.
"You said we should sleep. I am just laying down so I can. Is this spot not good? If so, I will move right away!" I answer her as I get up out of my curled position.
"Oh no no no! You can't just sleep on the floor! That's horrible! Come! Come! Follow me." confused, you do as she says. She leads you to an empty, simple room. It was a single bad, a dresser, some bookshelves, and a nightstand. You adore the simplicity.
Well, that and this room is way better then the cell at the shelter.
You do wonder why she brought you here, though. Why did she bring you here? To tease you? To rub it in your face that she is better then you and that you will never be as good as her?
These thoughts are all possibilities. Ponies have been known to force their social status upon their pets (or slaves). They make them know they have no power and never will.
"Why did you Show me this?" you ask her in the most polite way possible.
She looks a bit shocked. "To sleep in here, why else?"
"Then I shall leave you to sleep, miss Rarity." you start to walk away when you hear her sigh.
"This is not my room. This is where YOU will sleep, not me."
Not only are you shocked, you feel stupid for not realizing she was offering you a room. "I-it's ok, Rarity. I can just sleep on the floor."
"Oh no no! Not a guest of mine will sleep on the cold floor!" Guest?
That word repeats in your mind. She called you a guest. Not slave or butler or pet. Just, guest. As though you had freedom to come and go as you please.
It was as though she almost... Cared for you.
"O-ok, miss Rarity."
"Please with the miss! Rarity will be just fine! Now please, enjoy the bed. Celestia knows the cage you were held in couldn't be comfortable."
Was that true...
You nod and walk to the bed, looking at it awkwardly. Yes, you knew what it was, but you didn't know how to actually sleep on it. You were told just to lay on it by a few other humans at the shelter. They were ones who muck a chance at laying on it.
But got caught.
So you get atop the white bed, curling up like you would on the floor. Boy, was it comfy! It was the best thing you ever felt! It was like a cloud!
But you would never know what a cloud felt like, really. Only pegasi can stand on clouds. In fact, most live on them.
Rarity, you hear, starts to laugh. "You don't know how to sleep on a bed, do you?"
You blush a bit before nodding.
"Hear, let me show you." she pulled back what seemed like a layer of the bed. You heard screaming in your head yelling 'No! You're going to ruin it!' "First, you pull back the sheets, like this. Next, you lay down with your head on the pillow, not curled up in a ball."
You slowly do as he said. To your disbelief, though the layer was pulled off, the bed feels better then before.
"Now, all you do is pull the covers over you, like this." She pulls the layer, which now you realize is a cover, up to your neck. This felt amazing! Warmth filled your body as you started to instantly turn tired. "Now, you just close your eyes and I'm going to leave. Last, you slowly go to sleep." you hear slow clopping of hooves leave the room. The light goes off ad the door creaks shut. You slowly tire out due to the warmth of this wonderful bed.
Your eyes become heavy.
And you drift into a quiet sleep.

Author's Note:

Devils man. Fucking can't score. I'm done.