• Published 1st Jul 2014
  • 303 Views, 3 Comments

The Fixer's Family: Book One in The Poison Apple Saga - Ace High



Applejack discovers that she has a aunt she never met and goes in search of her. She finds not only her aunt but her cousin the Fixer.

  • ...
 3
 303

To Neigh Orleans

Author's Note:

AN: Ok guys let me know what you think please tell me I really want this story to succeed .


The Fixer's Family: Book 1 in the Poison Apple Saga

Chapter 1

An orange freckled mare wearing a worn brown Stetson sighed as she sat on her front porch. She watched the fireflies flit about as she thought about the day's work she had completed. It was headed toward cider season and that meant less apple bucking with a slight rest over the winter. Her thoughts then turned to a conversation with Granny Smith earlier that night.

(Flashback)

She was walking through the house on her way to the kitchen for some cool cider to sip while unwinding on the porch. She had paused, she had heard crying coming from a room around the corner. Applejack peeked into Granny Smith's room and saw the old mare staring at two photos on her dresser. AJ recognized one as her mother, though the other one was of a mare AJ had never seen before. She was pretty but something about her, even in a photograph, made her look restless and mean. She pondered this a moment, hesitating on her decision to turn around.

"Come in here young'un." Granny had apparently caught her.

AJ walked into the room and came up next to her grandmother's rocker. Before she could speak, Granny began. "She's yer Aunt Sour Apple. Meh oldest daughter."

AJ was a little taken aback "I ain't got no Aunt Sour."

Granny smiled and laughed sadly, "Yea you do, but you ain't met her 'fore we had a fallin' out years ago. She ran off to Neigh Orleans to prove she didn't need any of us. I was just thinking how it's been such ah long time since she ran off. I wish I could make up for those lost years" Granny sighed sadly and kept staring at the photo. "You go on ta bed child, or out on the porch... I wan ta be alone"

(End flashback)

Applejack sat there thinking she wished there was a way to help Granny. Then it struck her like a ton of bricks. She would go to Neigh Orleans and talk to her aunt she was sure Aunt Sour missed Granny and the rest of the family. She walked inside and began packing.

….The Next Day…

Applejack headed out to the library to see Twilight Sparkle to ask the purple alicorn if she had a travel guide to Neigh Orleans somewhere. She knocked on the door, and waited for a response. Just as she turned to leave, Spike the little purple dragon answered the door and waved her in, "Oh hi AJ! What do you need?" He grinned at her.

Applejack walked into the library slowly, "I was jus' wonderin' if Twilight was around Spike."

He shook his head, "Nope, sorry! She's in Canterlot on royal business. Something about a treaty with the Minotaur or something." He just shrugged, "Do you think I can help you with something?"

She looked at him. "I need a travel guide of Neigh Orleans. I'm ah goin' there for a few days to look up some relatives."

He nodded and thought for a minute before scampering off. He brought back a small book. 'Neigh Orleans a Pocket Guide' "Here we are, a pocket sized guide to Neigh Orleans. So which members of your family live down there?"

She has just turned to walk out when he asked this. "A Lost one," She said softly over her shoulder. With that, she walked out and headed for home.

She reached the Acres, and looked at the farm her grandmother ran. Her resolve to find her aunt steeled as she saw the orchard, bearing the fruits of her family's labors. She headed in for her room, only to be met by Big Mac and Applebloom.

"So where ya going?" Asked her younger sister, watching her curiously.

AJ looked at them "I'm going to go speak with our aunt about coming to talk with Granny."

Applebloom looked confused, and Big Mac only frowned, "How ya gonna find her AJ? Granny or anybody ain't heard from her in years and Neigh Orleans is a big town."

AJ looked up at him, a bit shocked. "Ya knew about Aunt Sour?"

Mac nodded slowly. "Eeyup,” His deep voice rumbled, “I met her when I was real little. She was a bit hard on the other adults but nice ta me."

Applejack looked shocked and then nodded "I will find her. No matter what, I'll be back in a few days."

….at the station…

Applejack was waiting for the train to arrive when her friends Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie showed up, both with saddlebags slung over their backs. "What in tarnation are you two doin' here?!"

They grinned simultaneously, then Rainbow spoke, "We're going with you to find your aunt."

Applejack looked at them her mouth hanging slightly open in shock, "Now how do ya know about that?"

Pinkie was hopping up and down, "Well Spike told Rarity about your trip and we were there and just happened to hear. So we went out to Sweet Apple Acres to talk to you when Granny Smith told us what you were doing and that we should go with you."

Applejack winced. Granny knew and was sending back up to keep her out of trouble. As much as it annoyed her, she knew she couldn't argue with it- this was a direct order from the head of the Apple family. "Ok so is it jus' you two comin'?"

Pinkie nodded, "Spike has to watch the Library, Rarity has a massive order to fill, Fluttershy has several sick animals and Twilight plain isn't here. Dashie and I are the only ones with a little free time on our hooves.” She shook and twitched before squealing, “It's the three of us, best friends, boldly going where we have never gone before! All on an epic quest to find a long lost relative!"

Applejack smiled at her friends, it would be nice to not be alone. The three glanced up as the conductor called for all aboard. The three friends got onto the train headed to one of the most mysterious cities in all of Equestria.

….On the train….

As they sat, watching the scenery go by, Rainbow Dash watched AJ. "So what do you know about this relative of yours?"

Applejack sighed, "Next to nothin'. She is my mother's older sister and I have a picture of her. Tha's about it." She looked back out the window as RD thought for a second.

"So we only have a picture and a name... Walking into one of the largest cities in Equestria..." Rainbow's tone was almost unbelieving.

AJ nodded and turned away from the window to face Rainbow, "Eeyup. That about sums it up."

Rainbow nodded as she thought, "Ya know this is completely crazy, right? Crazy enough... It might just work." She grinned at Applejack before she laid back and dozed off.