• Published 30th Mar 2013
  • 398 Views, 2 Comments

Galloping Grand Prix - Jet Edge



Celestia invited the ponies over to compete in a race in which the winning team gets 1 free wish per member! But will her contestant choices turn out to be a disaster?

  • ...
 2
 398

CH 1: The Teams Assemble

Chapter 1: The Teams Assemble

It was a humble day in Ponyville, when Spike had received a letter from Princess Celestia.

"Dear my faithful student Twilight Sparkle and her apprentice Spike," it read,

"I would like to cordially invite you to a special event tomorrow at noon! Bring Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, and Applejack with you, and make sure you get a good nights rest beforehoof.

-Princess Celestia"

"Oh wow Spike! I wonder what special event could be going on? Maybe she's throwing a celebration for all the friendship lessons I have learned! Oh, let's go tell the girls!" Twilight, said excitedly.

They left the library and when they arrived at Fluttershy's home, they saw all the animals were out of control! There were Ewes in the stew, rabbits in the cabinets, and baby crocodiles on the clocks and tables!

"Fluttershy! Where are you!? Are you okay!?" Spike and Twilight called in unision.

"Oh, I'm right here." Said Fluttershy, frantically trying to get the animals in order. "I was giving Angel a bath, when he ran away and caused a ruckus while the others were trying to sleep."

"Oh, well do you need help?" asked the two.

"Oh no, it's fine." She said, right before she used her angry stare to calm the animals down.

"Okay, well Celestia has invited us to a special event for tomorrow at noon, and asked if we would bring you, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Pinkie Pie and Rarity along with us."

"Oh sure, I'll be there."

With that done, Twilight and Spike started heading towards Rarity's Workshop where they saw her looking sad.

"Oh Twilight it's horrible!" groaned Rarity.

"Fluttershy's bunny, Angel, came running by trying to get away from her, and messed up all my fabrics!"

"Oh no, Rarity, that's awful! But, did it occur to you to just use magic to fix them?" Twilight said.

"Oh Twilight, you're a lifesaver! How can I thank you? Oh, I know, I'll make you a new outfit, you know, for casual wear."

"Oh no Rarity, that's really not necessary, I just came by to tell you that Celestia has invited us and the girls to a special event and I wanted to let you know."

"Oh sure! I'll Be there!" She replied happily.






Arriving at the Bakery, she saw Pinkie Pie looking worried,

"What's wrong Pinkie?" asked Spike.

"Oh Spike it's horrible! Somepony ordered this 13 layer rich chocolate cake to be picked up at 2 o'clock!"

"And that's bad because…" Said Twilight.

"Because, they said they'd be here at 2, and it's 2:02!"

That's when Filthy Rich had walked in,

"Yes, I'm here to pick up my 13 layer rich chocolate cake." He said happily.

"You're late!" Yelled Pinkie. "You said 2 o'clock, and it's 2:02! Wait, no, now it's 2:03!"

"Heh heh, don't mind her, she can be a bit… anxious, sometimes. That will be 12 bits." Interrupted Twilight, chuckling.

"Here are the 12 bits, and a 2 bit tip. Thank you, have a good day." Said Filthy Rich.

"Have a good day Mr. Filthy!" yelled Twilight.

He turned back and said, "Please, call me Rich."

"Anyway, Celestia invited us to a special celebration tomorrow at noon, are you gonna come?" asked Twilight to Pinkie.

Her face lit up,

"Special celebration? That sounds like a party! I love parties! I'll be there! Wait, Filthy Rich won't be there, will he? Because he will probably be fashionably late like today."

"Erm, I don't think he will be there."

"YAY! Then I'll be there!"

Walking out, Twilight saw Rainbow Dash with a look like she was in pain, and asked her what was wrong,

"Well, today at the weather factory my wing started to cramp." She said miserably.

"You? A cramped wing? I never thought I would here that!" Spike said sarcastically

"SPIKE!" Twilight said, scoldingly.

"What, I was only joking!"

"Anyway, have you tried the pony spa?" asked Twilight, turning back to Rainbow Dash.

"Other ponies suggested that, so I will take that advice, BUT I'M ONLY GETTING A MASSAGE!" She said trying to look tough.

"Well Celestia wants us to see her tomorrow for a special event, wanna come?"

"Sure! I just hope my wing is all better by then." She replied in a sad way.






Arriving at Sweet Apple Acres, Twilight saw Applejack looking worried,

"What's wrong Applejack?" asked Twilight.

"Well, today Angel came running by trying to get away from Fluttershy, and he ran into Granny, now Granny has a broken leg." She said.

"Well, I just learned an advanced healing spell. I can try it on Granny and see what happens."

"Oh Twilight, you would do that?"

"Sure!"

They arrived where Granny was laying down,

"Granny, Twilight can fix your leg!" Applejack said excitedly.

Twilight kneeled by Granny, and her horn started glowing, just then Granny grew another leg.

"Heh heh, whoops! Wrong one."

She tried again and the leg receded back into Granny and she got up.

"She's walking! Oh thank you Twilight!" Said Applejack with glee.

"No problem! Listen, Celestia wanted to see us for a special event tomorrow at noon, wanna come?"

"Sure, what are PFF's for?"






The next day, the friends arrived in Canterlot, but to their surprise, they weren't the only guests of honor. The others who had shown up were, Flim and Flam, The Diamond Dogs, a powerless Queen Chrysalis, a powerless Discord, Iron Will, Cranky Doodle, The Cutie Mark Crusaders, The Wonderbolts, Cadence and Shining Armor, Trixie, Derpy, and Snowflake.

"Celestia, why are all the ponies who tried to ruin the peace in Equestria, here along with our friends?" asked Twilight

"Relax, my student, I used magic to insure that nothing bad will happen! I took away Chrysalis' and Discords powers, I gave the Diamond Dogs some Diamonds, Flim and Flam agreed to be good, and Trixie agreed to also be quiet." Said Celestia, peacefully.

She got in front of the crowd and said,

"You've all been chosen for a special race! The race is called the Galloping Grand Prix and is held once every 10 years! The members of the winning team will each be granted one free wish, well except for Discord and Chrysalis, the winner of you two will receive your own piece of land for you to be able to with as you please. You will all be in groups, the groups are as follows, Twilight and her friends will be team 1, Flim and Flam are team 2, The Diamond Dogs are team 3, Cadence and Shining Armor are team 4, The Cutie Mark Crusaders are team 5, The Wonderbolts are team 6, Iron Will and Cranky Doodle are team 7, Derpy, Trixie, and Snowflake are team 8, Luna and Discord are team 9, and me and Chrysalis are team 10! You will be in Horse Drawn Carriages pulled by 2 Royal Guards! You will start off in Ponyville tomorrow at 2:00, then you will race to the Everfree Forest, where you must fill the requirements for a special potion you can give to your guards. Next, you will travel to the Crystal Empire where you will help the crystal ponies you are directed to with a problem. Then, you will switch guards for pegasus guards and fly through an obstacle course in Cloudsdale. Finally you will return to Ponyville and the first to cross the finish line wins! I will see you all tomorrow!"

With that, every pony finished up there, and went home for the day…