• Published 24th Mar 2013
  • 1,375 Views, 56 Comments

Discord’s Out of Universe Discotheque Karaoke Bar Boogaloo - Cirrus Sky



Come sing, dance and socialise at the hottest night spot out of this universe!

  • ...
3
 56
 1,375

Romancing

There was confused shouting from the back of the lounge, in the lobby area by the sound. “Where in Equestria are we?!” A voice that Twilight recognised called out. She dropped the floating napkin-notes, jumped up and teleported to the source.

A flash dropped the purple unicorn in front of the newcomers “BBBFF! You’re here too!!” She smiled but immediately did her little song with Cadence. “Sunshine sunshine, Ladybugs awake. Clap your hooves and do a little shake!” She giggled.

“I sure am loved.” The stallion chuckled, “My question still stands Twily. Where in Equestria are we?” He prodded his sister.
“Long story, just come in!” She hustled them in.

“Ooo, Karaoke!” Cadence smiled. “Oh and aunty Luna and ‘Tia are here!” She nosed around and waved at familiar faces before hurrying off, leaving a confused husband in her wake.

“Really Twily, where are we?” Shining followed his younger sister to her group of friends, keeping an eye on his tall wife’s progress to the stage with mixed anticipation and nervousness.

“A side universe that just so happens to be a disco slash karaoke bar.” Twilight grinned. “Apparently we’ve been working so hard we deserved a break.” Twilight carefully brushed over events upon their arrival when her mind seized upon an issue. “You know, we all arrived just after falling asleep... How come you got here so late?”

Shining stuttered and blushed “We were uh, up late working hard... you know, running an empire takes a lot of work.” He coughed and mumbled some, glad when his wife saved the day with an experimental tap on the microphone.
“Hello everypony! I love karaoke, just ask Shining and my aunties!” She giggled. “I have a little number to sing you all, so grab your special somepony and enjoy.” She winked to Shining who pulled a dopey grin.

~~

When you think
Hope is lost
And giving up
Is all you got,
Blue turns black,
Your confidence is cracked,
There seems no turning back from here

Sometimes there isn't an obvious explanation
While the holiest stars can feel the strongest palpitations

That's when you can build a bridge of light,
That's what turns the wrong so right
That's when you can't give up the fight

That's when love turns nighttime into day,
That's when loneliness goes away,
That's when you gotta be strong tonight,
Only love can build us a bridge of light

When your feet, are made of stone
You're convinced that you're all alone
Look at the stars, it's straight up the dark
You'll find your heart shines like the sun
Let's not let their anger get us lost
And the need to be right cause us way too high costs

That's when love can build a bridge of light
That's what turns the wrong so right
That's when you know it's worth the fight

That's when love turns nighttime into day
That's when loneliness goes away,
That's when you gotta be strong tonight
'cause only love can build us a bridge of light

Deep breath, take it on the chin
But don't forget to let the love back in

That's when love can build a bridge of light
That's what turns the wrong so right
That's when you can't give up the fight

That's when love turns nighttime into day,
That's when loneliness goes away
That's when you gotta be strong tonight
'cause only love can build us a bridge of light

Only love can build us a bridge of light...

~~

Shining Armour had overcome his shock and awe to cheer and holler loudly for his wife. Cadence, for her part simply beamed her usual smile and fluttered over the heads of the cheering crowd to be received in an embrace. The happy couple exchanged nose touches and separated minimally to be greeted by friends and family.

“Oh darling... that was simply wonderful!” Rarity said, pulling another false swoon, stars gleaming in her eyes. “You have given me quite the idea.” Fixing a glance at a certain orange apple farming mare she neatly trotted to the stage. “Darlings, this is a song for a very special pony.” With a wink she began.

~~

I took a look into your ocean heart
And ever since I stumble through the dark.
I'm like a moth attracted to a flame
Cause since we’ve met you know I've never been the same

Ooo
Oh I'm like a tiger but in black and blue
Cause all the bruises run from you
I wonder if you'll ever known my name
I wonder if we'll ever ever meet again
What if I see you alone on the pavement?
Will my heart freeze .. will the sun melt down my bones?
'cause When I think of you my fingers are quicksand
I want to hold you close
I’ll never know

1 2 3 oo
I'm searching deserts and the morning skies
Just to stare into your diamond eyes
I'll build a rocket and I'll fly to space
just so that i can touch your picture perfect face
Oo your picture perfect face
Oo I wonder if you'd do the same for me

Or would you stay there and just let me be?
And all my blood will drip the colour gold
'cause that's the love that runs for you within my soul
What if I see you alone on the pavement?
Will my heart freeze .. will the sun melt down my bones?
'cause When I think of you my fingers are quicksand
I want to hold you close
I’ll never know

What if I see you alone on the pavement?
Will my heart freeze .. will the sun melt down my bones?
'cause When I think of you my fingers are quicksand
I want to hold you close
I’ll never know

What if I see you alone on the pavement?
Will my heart freeze .. will the sun melt down my bones?
'cause When I think of you my fingers are quicksand
I want to hold you close
I’ll never know

1 2 3 oo

~~

With a bow for the cheering Rarity left the stage with poise and trotted her way to the group once again, a smile fixed on her face.

“Oh Rarity, that was lovely.” Fluttershy smiled and hugged her friend. “Was that one of the songs you heard in Canterlot?”

“Manehatten darling, the filly who sang it was such a dear.” Rarity beamed and returned the hug. Rainbow ambled over.

“Nice one Rare, not, you know, awesome but still pretty rad.” The cyan Pegasus gulped down a luridly coloured drink and was quickly supplied another by Pinkie Pie. “Never going to get me singing though.” She chuckled.

Pinkie, a near magenta blur at the speed she as moving gave Rarity an enthusiastic high hoof and flank bump before shooting off again. “Party Overload, she told me.” An ink stained Twilight supplied, back to writing notes while three princesses and the captain of the guard discussed the situation they were in.

Rarity gave a slight bow and returned to the object of her performance. Twining her tail with Applejack’s. “Darling, how was that?”

“That was great sugar cube.” Applejack pushed closer closer to Rarity a light nuzzle to her ear with a daring nip the made the fashionista squeal with scandal.

“Darling!” She blushed bright red and levitated Applejack’s hat from her head. “Our agreement was I get the hat if you misbehave...” She laughed in her silvery way and guided her marefriend to a low couch to continue the playful talk.

“This will never do!” The purple mare muttered to herself, scratching out some kind of checklist she had been writing. Another strand of hair jumped askew. With finely honed instincts, Cadence appeared at her stressed sister-in-law’s side.

“Twily, calm down, you are getting wound up again.” She nuzzled her gently. “You told me this was a chance for us to relax and enjoy ourselves. Why don’t you try it?” The pink alicorn sat beside her and levitated the quill and napkins away. A few fruitless attempts to gather them back were rebutted.

“But pocket dimensions Cadence! Apart from a few make-a-space spells ponykind knows next to nothing about extra dimensional existence!” She waved a hoof around, “Look at those imps! We have never seen anything like them and yet Discord has a horde of them!” She pointed around some more, “He collected us all here somehow... I want to figure it all out!” Her eyes gleamed with academic enthusiasm. Cadence laughed.

“Ever curious Twily, but I’m going to have to stop you for at least a little moment.” She winked, “Why don’t you sing a song to your special somepony? I’m dying to know who it is.” She nuzzled a purple ear. “Or to simply confirm my suspicions,” Twilight giggled at the tickling sensation.

“Alright, alright. If you will let me get back to theorising after I sing, I’ll sing a song for my special somepony.” Finally cajoled enough, Twilight started towards the stage, unsure exactly what to sing.

As she got closer an idea struck, recalling long rainy Sundays in the Royal Archives extensive music selection. Listening to records older than her, music her parents used to listen to. A certain track and the sentiment therein came to mind. Smiling she scrolled through the menu and was pleased to find it. Then again, the personification of chaos was bound to have all the music.

She jumped on stage and addressed the watching ponies. “Ok, so I’m not exactly thrilled to be forced from my studies to come and sing but that is beside the point.” Pinning her friends, mentor and sister-in-law with a glare she grinned. “This one’s for a pretty awesome pony...”

~~

You ran around like a hotshot
It was a matter of time
I always said I would get ya
And sooner or later I'd make you mine

Stop playin' this game with me
You know it drives me insane
You know you're just what I needed
I couldn't wait to take you away

Gotcha, where I want ya
Gotcha, yeah it's so true
Gotcha, where I want ya
I... I... g-g-g-gotcha, g-g-g-gotcha

Our love could be dangerous
It makes me tremble inside
I'm gettin' tired of chasin' you
Baby you can run but you can't hide

Gotcha, where I want ya
Gotcha, yeah, by the jewels
Gotcha, where I want ya
I... I... g-g-g-gotcha, g-g-g-gotcha

I got you but you don't know it
I got you but you don't know it
I... I... g-g-g-gotcha
I... I... g-g-g-gotcha, g-g-g-gotcha, g-g-g-gotcha

~~

Twilight winked, “I’m sure she wishes to remain nameless however.” There was a wolf whistle and cat calls to that and the unicorn scholar blushed and jumped off the stage. The crowd parted to let her back to the seated group she had left, a blurred pink escort rushing her to a round of back pats from her friends and one slightly blushing secretive kiss.

“She!” Shining coughed, chocking on his drink. Searching around for who it may be.

“Hush dear, you knew full well what Twily prefers. She got us all together to tell us.” Cadence nuzzled under his chin, “So just keep your eyes peeled for who it is.” She winked and pecked her husband on the cheek.

“You know Shining, Twilight hasn’t even told me who her special somepony is.” Princess Celestia supplied with a smile over her teacup. She took a genteel sip, “I’m hoping to figure it out myself, this is a grand opportunity.” She winked at her guard captain. “Discord has given us all quiet a lovely gift hasn’t he.”

“I suppose so Princess, I’m still a little on edge though.” Shining grimaced, “you did say you hoped he could be rehabilitated though. This is a positive sign for sure.” He shrugged.

Meanwhile, amongst the element bearers there was further discussion on what to do next. Exhilarated from her own turn, Twilight had finally forgone mad study and was settled to mental notes for a later when she was back in her library. Rainbow was determinedly drinking “One of every colour.” And would not be taking a turn for now at least, a neat line of lurid liquids awaiting the pegasus.

“I want to go find a boogaloo!” Pinkie Pie announced, a moustache and pith helmet upon her head and a butterfly net in her forehooves. “Tally ho!” She disappeared in a pink blur once again.

“Oh, I don’t think I can sing again just yet...” Fluttershy supplied. “I think maybe somepony else would like to?”

“Ah reckon Ah got some feelings I gotta share.” Applejack replied, she nuzzled Rarity before standing, flicked her mane and tidily trotted to the stage.

~~

Some say love it is a river
That drowns the tender reed
Some say love it is a razor
That leaves your soul to bleed

Some say love it is a hunger
An endless aching need
I say love it is a flower
And you it's only seed

It's the heart afraid of breaking
That never learns to dance
It's the dream afraid of waking that never takes the chance
It's the one who won't be taken
Who cannot seem to give
And the soul afraid of dying that never learns to live

When the night has been too lonely
And the road has been too long
And you think that love is only
For the lucky and the strong
Just remember in the winter far beneath the bitter snows
Lies the seed
That with the sun's love
In the spring
Becomes the rose

~~

Applejack half bowed half curtseyed, undecided on the exact etiquette she had to observe. Looking out across the sparsely lit room her eyes locked onto a pair of shimmering cobalt eyes that almost seemed to consume her. Blushing lightly at the strength of the sudden surge of emotion in her heart, the orange mare jumped from the raised area and re-joined her friends and partner.

“That was wonderful darling.” Rarity whispered, lightly nibbling her ear. Applejack’s free ear flicked and she blushed deeper.
“Ah meant it sugar cube, honest truth.” She nuzzled the snow white cheek before her and closed her eyes, enjoying the sensation and scent of the proximity of her lover.

Twilight looked up from her drink and smiled softly at the display of affection as Fluttershy made cooing noises of approval. The three princesses smiled too, happy for their subjects, defenders and personal friends to be as comfortable with their relationship as to engage closely within view of others.

Rainbow looked up from her latest drink and chuckled, a light blush of those indulging rather a little too much in liquid enjoyment gracing her cheeks. “Pshaw... If AJ can be all lovey dovey ain’t nothing stopping me.” She inhaled a lungful and stood with uncertain poise, scattering the empty glasses at her hooves. “Imma going to sing something.” She pronounced and launching into the air, flew to the console with impressive accuracy and alighted neatly. Grabbing the microphone stand closer she tapped it once with a wing. “I’m going to sing a song. ‘s true song, true for me and this confusing... amazing, super clever unicorn I know... So I dunno, enjoy it or something.”

~~

There's a drumming noise inside my head
That starts when you're around
I swear that you could hear it
It makes such an all mighty sound

There's a drumming noise inside my head
That throws me to the ground
I swear that you should hear it
It makes such an all mighty sound

Louder than sirens
Louder than bells
Sweeter than heaven
And hotter than hell

I ran to the tower where the church bells chime
I hoped that they would clear my mind
They left a ringing in my ear
But that drum's still beating loud and clear

Louder than sirens
Louder than bells
Sweeter than heaven
And hotter than hell

Louder than sirens
Louder than bells
Sweeter than heaven
And hotter than hell

Louder than sirens
Louder than bells
Sweeter than heaven
And hotter than hell

As I move my feet towards your body
I can hear this beat it fills my head up
And gets louder and louder
It fills my head up and gets louder and louder

I go to the river and dive straight in
I pray that the water will drown out the din
But as the water fills my mouth
It couldn't wash the echoes out
But as the water fills my mouth
It couldn't wash the echoes out

I swallow the sound and it swallows me whole
Till there's nothing left inside my soul
As empty as that beating drum
But the song has just begun

As I move my feet towards your body
I can hear this beat it fills my head up
And gets louder and louder
It fills my head up and gets louder and louder

There's a drumming noise inside my head
That starts when you're around
I swear that you could hear it
It makes such an all mighty sound

There's a drumming noise inside my head
That starts when you're around
I swear that you could hear it
It makes such an all mighty sound

Louder than sirens
Louder than bells
Sweeter than heaven
And hotter than hell

Louder than sirens
Louder than bells
Sweeter than heaven
And hotter than hell

As I move my feet towards your body
I can hear this beat it fills my head up
And gets louder and louder
It fills my head up and gets louder and louder

~~

“So yeah, Twilight Sparkle, you crazy eggheaded unicorn. You drive me nuts and I wouldn’t have it any other way. You’re awesome babe.” Rainbow placed some sunglasses from virtually nowhere on her nose, struck her ‘awesome’ pose and left the stage.

Out in their seats, the four friends and marefriend of the prismatic pegasus were somewhat gobsmacked, their jaws somewhere closer to the ground than their own noses. Cadence nudged her sister –in-law. “I’m impressed... You two will be beating off Changeling armies in no time.” She chuckled and looked to her husband who was unsure how to act and react to the brash Pegasus who all but proposed to his little sister.

Rainbow chose that moment to land beside the purple unicorn, with forehoof and wing she grasped Twilight in a possessive gesture. “Sang you a song.” She smiled and nuzzled her at the edge of her jaw. “One more thing off that checklist eh?” Twilight blushed and placed a kiss onto Rainbow’s forehead.

“Yeah it is. Thanks Dashie.” They snuggled a little closer.

“Well ‘Tia. I believe you owe us a whole cake known as Mmmm, do you not?” Luna chuckled behind a hoof, watching the pair with a smile.

“Worth it Lu, absolutely worth it.” Celestia flicked her sister with a wing and smiled at her student and her special somepony.

Author's Note:

Ah, the shipping chapter. Maybe I can get over the 6 to 6 rating? I know all stories get downvotes but I'd at least like to know why guys!

Come on bronies, I mean I don't care that I am on the equal parts red to green but it is nice to know. Is it the music? Do I have to work on my prose? General writing technical issues?

Ho hum.

More from some of these ponies and indeed, artists, later.