• Published 3rd Feb 2012
  • 1,191 Views, 6 Comments

Unexpected Guest - Nightshy101



a tribute to guana at fanfiction.net Description:Applebloom meets a new friend and he's not a pony. -NOT human in Equestria fic-

  • ...
 6
 1,191

run!

They walked through apple orchard in silence. When they were half way to Applebloom's home the filly heard growling. She jumped and asked in worried tone "Did ya hear that?"

Gabriel laughed quietly "Heh, yeah... It was my stomach. I'm hungry"

"So why won't ya take some apples?" She asked curiously. They were walking through orchard. Apples was everywhere.

Gabriel just shook his head "No, it would be stealing. Somepony worked hard taking care of this trees and get apples. I couldn't just take them"

Applebloom facehoofed. "Yeah we haven't time to talk. This orchard belongs to mah family. This means that it belongs to me too. So ya can take as much apples as you want" She said proudly.

The wolf looked at her surprised. "Really? It's huge. You have to have big family"

She placed her hoof under her chin like she was thinking. "Nah, just me, Granny Smith, mah sister Applejack and mah brother Big Mac. Granny Smith cannot work cuz she has problems with her hip. And ah cannot work yet cuz ah am too small" After the last sentence she become very sad.

Gabriel tried to comfort her "Don't worry, you won't be filly forever" He said smiling. Applebloom looked on him and returned the smile.

They were talking and eating apples all the way to house. When they walked to the end of the orchard they stopped. Applebloom turned to Gabriel and told him in serious tone: "Listen, other ponies may be afraid of ya, so we have to be careful". The wolf just nodded and they started walking to the barn.

When they walked inside Applebloom told Gabriel to follow her. On the other side of the barn was laying a pile of hay. She took it away and opened the hidden trapdoor. She looked inside the darkness of the room and sighed. Then she turned around and took old petroleum lamp. She lighted it and walked inside the hidden room, Gabriel following her.
They reached the floor of hidden room and Applebloom placed the lamp on the nearest table. When Gabriel looked around the room he saw photos of some ponies. On some of them he could saw Applebloom.

He turned around and walked to the table. He sat near Applebloom. She looked around and sighed "This is mah hidden room. Ah used to came here whenever ah get sad or angry to calm down. Ah don't use it now so ya can stay here as long as you want" she said with a smile "When ya are hungry just go up and take some apples from the barn".

Gabriel looked on the ground and said shyly "I haven't any money to pay for this"

Applebloom giggled "Don't be silly. Ya're mah friend you don't have to"

He looked up at her and smiled. "Thank you" He said as he hugged her.

She returned the hug and giggled again. After a few moments she walked to the ladder. She turned around again and informed "Ah'll came here in the mornin' 'kay?"

"Sure" He responded quickly. He was looking everywhere when he could. She giggled at his curiosity but he was too busy to notice. She turned to the ladder and go up. After closing the trapdoor she started walking home. When she came out of the barn she froze. She was looking directly in her sister's eyes.

"Whatcha doin' here in the middle of the night?"

Aplebloom gulped "Ah was... checking... the apples. Yeah checking apples. And ah checked 'em and they are alright" She said with a nervous grin.

Applejack shoot her one of her infamous stares.

"They are really alright and they are apples, red and green and..."

"Applebloom" Applejack told with a anger in her voice. Applebloom gulped again. "Don' lie. Ah wield the Element of Honesty, remember?"

She knew it was true. She couldn't lie to her. But she couldn't tell her about Gabriel.

Finally she spoke "Ah can't tell ya" She said quietly, looking on the ground "sorry".

Applejack was surprised with that answer. What could her little sister hiding? Why she didn't want to tell her? They were standing there for a moment, Applejack looking at her sister, Applebloom looking at the ground.

Suddenly they heard a voice from the barn "Applebloom, are you still there?". The voice was very quiet but loud enough to be heard by both sisters.

Applebloom looked at Applejack with guilt in her eyes. The older pony asked "Who is there?". The little filly stayed quiet. She walked past her and asked again louder "Who is there?". Still no answer. She decided to check this. When she took a look inside the barn she gasped in horror. This reaction was quickly replaced by anger.

"What ya doin' here ya wild animal! If ya want to hurt mah family you have no luck cuz ah won't let ya do this!" She shouted with anger. Gabriel was too scared to run. He just stared at her with wide eyes.

Applejack growled and prepared to attack. When she was about to charge Applebloom jumped on her and hold her on the ground. She know she couldn't hold her for much time.

"Gabriel run!" She shouted to wolf. He was scared to death because of this sudden attack. He quickly get up and ran out of the barn.

Applebloom looked at her sister. Applejack was looking at her, stunned. The filly got off from her and sat on the ground. Her sister sat in front of her.

She looked up at the orange pony and met her very serious stare. She looked at the ground again.

After few moments Applejack said in very serious tone "I expect some explanations"

Author's Note:

and done editing