• Published 18th Mar 2013
  • 5,838 Views, 170 Comments

Mega Man X: Forgotten Legend - Blue Bomber



Realizing that he is the only being left on the abandoned Earth, X is faced with a problem; should he stay, or attempt to leave?

  • ...
5
 170
 5,838

DUEL: Maximum Improbable

A bright red WARNING ran through his vision as he recognized Shining Armor as an enemy.

The crowd shouted as Shining Armor flung his sword at X with his magic, but X's superior reaction speed allowed him to parry the sword with his own saber. But while X was busy dealing with the flying sword, Shining slammed into X from the side in an attempt to knock him off balance.

X didn't so much as budge, and swiftly countered with a quick punch to Shining's side, forcing him to take a few steps backward. Judging from X's movements, he assumed that X had pulled that punch.

"Don't go easy on me, 'cause I sure as hell won't be going easy on you!" he cried as he attempted to slam his shield into X.

X swung his arm to block the shield. He's right. If I hold back, this fight won't go anywhere! No more holding back!

X lunged at Shining Armor and swung his fist at him, followed by a kick, both of which were blocked by his shield.

"Why are you not using your sword, X? You're holding it, but you're not using it!" Shining shouted as he attempted to cut X down.

"I'm afraid that if I do, something very regrettable and entirely preventable would happen!" X shouted back as he parried Shining's sword yet again.

"Prove it then!"

"Maybe later!" X shouted as he kicked Shining Armor in the chest, sending him flying backwards. Shining countered by slashing wildly at X, who couldn't parry all the hits since his specialty was not saber combat, and managed to slash him across the chest.

"Ack!" X clutched his chest. The cut left a long mark across his chest, although it wasn't anything auto-repair couldn't handle. "Alright, that's it!" X shouted as he fired a shockwave with the Z-Saber, sending a green wave of energy flying straight at Shining Armor. He dodged, and the shockwave continued to fly straight at the barrier along the arena. The guards strained to keep the green wave of energy from getting outside, and by the time it dissipated, it left a huge slash mark along the barrier. The audience cringed, slightly afraid of what might happen if the barrier broke.
-----
"My goodness, I didn't think that he was this strong." Luna commented

"You haven't seen everything yet, sister. He has yet to use his own, special ability..."
-----
X charged his saber and slammed it down on the ground, causing the ground to shake and throwing Shining Armor off balance. Shining quickly backed off into a defensive stance.

He certainly seems strong enough, but the way he attacks with his saber tells me that he isn't too skilled with it. I just need to find a weak point...

That weak point came soon enough, as X raised his saber to deliver a shockwave, Shining fired a carefully aimed magic missile at X's hand, making him drop the weapon. The saber landed on the ground a few feet away, automatically retracting as it left X's hand.

"What are you going to do now?" Shining smirked as he machine-gunned magic bolts at X.

X ran around, attempting to dodge the barrage of magic that threatened to hit him. Suddenly, Shining ran up to him and fired a magic bolt into X's chest, sending him flying backwards. Fortunately for X, his auto balancer did its job and X was able to cling onto the magic barrier and slide to the ground instead of crash landing.

This battle was beginning to remind him of fighting mavericks, and all of a sudden, X was determined to win.

Shining charged with his sword drawn, intending to impale X, but X's dash was much faster than most ponies, and he slammed his fist into Shining's chestpiece, sending him flying backwards until he hit the barrier.

Much to X's surprise, that blow didn't discourage him, but got him pumped up even more. "It's been too long since I've had a real fight. The last time was when I had to fight King Sombra! Bring it on!" Shining Armor disregarded the huge crack on his armor and fired a charged bolt straight at X, who couldn't dodge since he had just dashed. It slammed hard into X, but the bolt did not hurt as much as he had expected it to be. X only stumbled a few steps backwards.

X refused to hold back any longer. He morphed his left arm into the X-Buster and fired a powerful charge shot, one he had been holding since the start of the battle. All the ponies gasped at the sudden shot, and Shining certainly did not expect X to make a long-range attack. He tried to block the powerful solar shot with his shield, but it was far too weak to withstand a fully charged shot. Shining stood his ground for a few seconds before he was forced to dive sideways as the blast consumed his shield, literally melting it and sending molten metal flying everywhere.
-----
Everypony present gasped when X's charge shot destroyed Shining Armor's shield.

"Wha- he destroyed that shield!. A pure unicornium shield. No mere pony can so easily break, much less melt a shield crafted from pure unicornium, sister!"

Celestia narrowed her eyes. She had not expected his attacks to be so strong.

Cadence was looking on nervously. "Oh, this is a bit too much for me to bear. I don't want to see either of them hurt!"

"I assure you, Shining will be alright, for X has a powerful force of kindness I can feel from him." Celestia said.
-----
X fired his uncharged shots rapidly at Shining, who ducked and leaped around them, and countered with his own magic. He was beginning to grasp just how powerful X really was once he was convinced to go all out. X dashed at Shining, but this time, he was ready. He sidestepped the dash and cut X's arm with his sword. As X flinched, he prepared to strike a decisive blow, but suddenly he could not move.

X, now yellow and pink, stared at him, and he found himself frozen in place by X's piercing gaze. He dropped his sword, and X slowly stepped forward, not breaking eye contact, and slowly raised his buster.

Weapon energy for Fluttershy doesn't last very long!

X suddenly looked down and fired his buster at the sword, before leaping backwards and reverting to his normal form. "Let's see you try to cut me again."

Shining quickly regained his composure and raised his sword with his magic, but realized he could not swing it. Three pink butterflies, identical to Fluttershy's cutie mark, were latched onto Shining Armor's sword, and were making the sword resist all attempts to strike with it. He could move the sword, he could swing it around, but he could not attack anything with the sword, no matter how hard he tried.

While Shining struggled with his sword, X had picked up his Z-Saber from the ground and activated it. He dashed at him, and when he spun around, X tore his sword out of his magical grasp and shattered it with the Z-Saber.
-----
"Oh...my" Fluttershy stammered.

This was the second time X had used Fluttershy's talent in combat, and the first time X had actively used the X-Buster with it.

"So it seems that your talent allows X to restrain others from attacking. Very fitting." Celestia commented.

Twilight looked nervously at Pinkie Pie.
-----
X felt slightly fatigued from dragging this battle on for too long. He hadn't noticed that the magical barrier was partially blocking sunlight from getting in, and it was beginning to take a toll on him.

I need more energy! But wait, I have Pinkie's cupcake! Where did she leave it again? My inventory?

How in the world do I open that?!

X dodged another magic bolt from Shining Armor. He was surprised that he hadn't given up yet. Well he's the Captain of the Royal Guard, so that makes sense.

Wait a minute. Sugar rush!

X was slightly hesitant, but he did it anyways.

Shining prepared to throw another magic bolt when a bright flash of pink light cut him off. Suddenly, X rushed in front of him with impossible speed and threw a pile of confetti on him.

Party. Party. Party. Wait, no! Now isn't the time to party!

Of course it is, silly! It's always party time!

Pinkie! What are you doing in my head?

To teach you how to play the game, silly! Press the start button first!

What start but- you mean this?

X pressed a start button that had randomly appeared after using Pinkie's talent.

Suddenly, everything was still.

Good job! You paused the game! Now find the inventory option in the menu and press that!

X navigated through the start menu and selected his inventory, where X saw his energy and weapon gauges, as well as his armor parts. To the right, the screen showed that he had one cupcake in his possession.

Use it!

Everything began moving again as a cupcake appeared in X's hand. Everypony looked bewildered as he ate the cupcake in one big gulp, and he felt his energy gauge completely refill.

Gee, thanks, Pinkie! You're a great friend, you know that?

That's what friends are for! *boingboingboingboingboing*

X approached Shining Armor and fired a party at him. Instantly the space around Shining was filled with various party items, and he looked around, bewildered.

"You know what? I give up. I yield to you, X! I just...can't take this partying anymore?" Shining Armor looked around looking slightly confused. "What was I doing? Was I partying this whole time? Come on, everypony! Let's party!" he hollered. The guards let the barrier down as everypony, commoners and nobles, began dancing and helping themselves to the party food that X had fired.

The ponies on the balcony looked extremely confused.

"He said he didn't like violence," Luna said, "but I never thought it would come down to this!"

X waved and hollered, "I won, Pinkie! Are you proud of me yet?"

Pinkie waved back, and cried, "That was a beautiful party, X! I think I might start crying!" A single tear fell from Pinkie's eyes.

As the ponies on the balcony went down to join the impromptu party, X said to Shining Armor, "Hey, so do I get your talent now? I did win..."

Author's Note:

Sorry, I was feeling a bit...strange when I wrote this.