• Published 23rd Mar 2013
  • 974 Views, 12 Comments

A Royal Quest - Primary213



They make the impossible seem like mere child's play

  • ...
0
 12
 974

The long way up

The five ponies regrouped at the castle with all their stuff and Celestia had a chariot take them to the base of the mountain. It was the closest area in which Celestia could get them without any issues from Sombra. When the chariot stopped, the five heros got out and stared up at the mountain. There was a dark stormy cloud looming over the mountain, and it was being created by King Sombra.

"Alright ponies, lets get to work. We will force Sombra into submission." Spitfire said as she flew up in the air and looked at the other four.

"Who died and made you are leader huh?" Daring Do replied as she flew up next to her. "I believe I make a profound leader." She said as she closed her eyes and smiled confidently.

"Like I said before, you can't lead a group, you only do what is good for you. Now, I have a reputation of being an amazing team leader." Spitfire replied as she gave Daring Do a mean look.

"Yeah, you are a good leader......of clowns that preform for the Princess just so she won't be bored." Daring Do said with a smirk on her face.

"Ok then, miss perfect, why don't we let the ponies decide who the leader will be?" Spitfire requested.

"Ok, fine! Lets see who they chose then?" Daring Do yelled. They both looked at the other three ponies. They were all looking around awkwardly and trying not to make eye contact with the angry mares.

"Look, it doesn't matter who the leader is, what does matter is our current objective. We can't let the Princess down, so lets not sit here and waste time and lets get out there and bring this king to his knees." Mare Do Well exclaimed as she broke the silence. The ponies looked at each other and decided that it was best to let it die. They all started climbing the mountain. As they reached a small cave, the five heard a rumbling noise coming from the cave.

"It seems the king has noticed our arrival, and he isn't pleased." Doctor Hooves said. The other four mares looked at him and kept listening for a noise.

"Other scatter like ashes on sand, you are resisting my eventual conquest of this entire land." A voice said. It as an ominous voice that came from the cave and echoed throughout the mountain. The ponies jumped to the sound of this voice.

"Well, the Doctor is right about that one, he isn't exactly enjoying our company." Rainbow Dash said. The ponies agreed.

"That means we are doing our job right, now lets get going." Daring Do replied as she continued walking forward. The other ponies just walked behind her. They kept walking when Daring Do stopped and held her hoof out and stopped the other ponies from moving.

"What is it?" Spitfire asked. Daring Do squinted her eyes and slowly put her hoof down to the floor. Suddenly, there was a jolt and the ponies all braced for impact.

"What the hell was that?" Rainbow said. All the ponies were looking around. Then, in front of them, a stream of the dark clouds broke off and dropped. It started forming and created a huge, pitch black pony that had dark green eyes. The pony was huge, almost three times as big as the five ponies. It jumped on two hooves and let out a screach that made the five ponies flinch.

"What the hell is that thing?" Spitfire asked. She took a couple of steps back and the Doctor passed right by her and stopped right next to Daring Do.

"It is not a real pony like us, it is a being made out of magic from Sombra and is completely fake. We must think of a way to overcome this beast. Now luckily, that beast isn't intangible. Which means it can be hurt and we can actually hit him." The Doctor said to Daring Do. He kept staring at the beast as it gave them an evil stare.

"Shut up! Damn you I can't fight with your constant thinking." Daring Do replied as she was thinking of a plan to beat it. "I got it!" She said aloud as she looked up at a boulder. She turned around to look at the four ponies. "Ok here is the plan. Rainbow and Spitfire distract this big guy while Mare Do Well and I jump up and get that boulder up there to fall down on him. Sound good?" She said to them. They all shook their heads except Spitfire, but Daring Do continued with the plan anyway. Right away, Rainbow flew straight toward the beast and Spitfire hardheadedly followed her. As they charged the enormous beast, Daring Do and Mare Do Well ran to the side and Daring Do flew up to the back of the boulder. She looked down and saw Mare Do Well jumping from small crack to small crack until she reached the top. "Be lookout and tell me when he is right under me ok?" Daring Do said to her. She nodded and looked down at Rainbow and Spitfire. She then looked over at Doctor Hooves and he was sitting down kicking the dirt, and was obviously frustrated.

"Hey big guy! Up here!" Rainbow yelled at the beast. It turned and looked at her, and just as it did, Spitfire ran up and kicked it with her rear hooves right in the middle of his chest. He took a couple of steps back and Mare Do Well gave the signal to Daring Do to drop the boulder. She kicked it as hard as she could and the boulder started to roll down. As it rolled down, it stopped immediately. All the ponies wondered why it came to a halt.

"What the hell just happened?" Daring Do asked herself. The beast looked up and saw the boulder. He became infuriated and charged Spitfire and Rainbow Dash.

"What do we do?" Rainbow yelled. She looked over at Spitfire and they both flew out of his way. He stopped and charged back at them them once again.

"Screw this, I'm gunna try to bring this big boy down!" Mare Do Well yelled as she jumped onto the boulder and whistled at the beast. He looked at her and growled. He turned around and ran straight at Mare Do Well. She was too high for him to get and he rammed the side of the mountain she was standing over. When he hit the mountain, the boulder shook loose and just as it fell down, Mare Do Well jumped off of the boulder and it fell and crushed the beast. It let out a shriek, and disappeared into the wind. The ponies were all breathing hard as they all regrouped. Daring Do slowly flew back Dow to the rest, only looking down at the floor.

"See? What did I tell you? She only thinks about herself in situations like this!" Spitfire said as she accused her of obvious failure.

"Oh shut up! Like you would've done any better! I didn't hear you mention any plan." Daring Do shouted to Spitfire. They were both in each others faces and staring daggers at each other.

"I would've came up with a brilliant idea if you had shut your mouth and let me think!" Spitfire replied. They both had a stare down for a good three minutes, and turned around and walked onward, but they both were far away from each other. Mare Do Well, Rainbow Dash, and Doctor Hooves were all in the middle if them both while they stayed away from each other.

"This constant bickering is only going to slow us down more and more." Rainbow said to Mare Do Well. She looked at her and sadly agreed with Rainbow Dash.