• Published 2nd Feb 2012
  • 818 Views, 7 Comments

The Lonely Pony - iMusik



Another OC Pony story. Original, I know.

  • ...
 7
 818

Chapter 2

Chapter 2

When Wave entered his home, he expected to see his mother, sitting on the couch, waiting, and possibly crying. Instead, he got a note. It read:

Wave,

I was called in to work early today. I left a meal on the table for later. I was told about what happened yesterday by the nice ponies down the street. I really hope you thanked them. I should be home early, but I can’t make any promises.
Hope to see you soon,
Mom

He dropped his head. This always happens, he thought, she always gets called in early. He didn’t like not seeing her, she was his mom, after all, and anypony his age needed a mom. Truly though, he wanted company, as usual. He sat wondering, for a moment, about the previous days events. He ran through the list, Blue Blaze, fight, principal, Verve, through the roof… he chuckled a bit by recalling the last incident. He hadn’t laughed in a long time, he realized. Walking home, Octavia; he stopped again. That didn’t go as I’d hoped.

Just then, there was a knock at the door. Wave sat for a minute, wondering if he’d actually heard it. Nopony ever knocked on their door for a good reason. Then again, nopony should be totally ignored. Reluctantly, he went over and opened it.

A small, dark red, unicorn was standing at the door, holding levitating a small book in front of him. He had a dark gray and light blue mane that looked a tad girly.

“Good afternoon, my name is Diego, and I am a Ponyscout explorer in herd 54. Are you in need of any assistance today sir?” asked the pony, who was clearly reading out of the book, and upon finishing the sentence looked up with an almost too enthusiastic look on his face.

“Not particularly, no.” said Wave, not completely knowing just WHAT had walked up to his door.

The red pony flipped through the pages in his guidebook, and after a short time, and lots of page flipping, he said, “Aww…It doesn’t say what to do if they say no.” He flung the book to the side, and sat on the ground, with a hoof to his head, pondering what to do.

“May I ask what you’re doing?”

“Not now! I’m trying to think of what I need to do!”

Not expecting such a snappy comment, Wave was left speechless. He slowly backed up, into his house, and began to creep the door shut. This was cut short by a sudden hole through the door, and Wave being knocked backwards. He hit the ground with a thunk.

“Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry! I was only trying to stop it. I’m not very good at magic yet, I guess.”

Wave stood. He was fine, a bit dazed, but fine other than that.

“Wha- What did you do?”

“I was trying to hold the door shut, because I remembered what I was supposed to say next, but I’m kind of bad at magic.”

“Bad at magic? Theres a hole in the door!”

Diego sat, with a sad look on his face. Obviously this wasn’t the first time his magic had gotten out of hand.

“Uh, other than the hole I’d say you’re pretty good at it actually!”, Wave couldn’t stand seeing anyone sad for any reason. He also felt it was his fault in the first place for not letting Diego finish.

“-sniff- You really think so?”

“Well yeah, anypony that can knock me backwards that far, after going through my door, all on accident HAS to be good at magic.”

“Well, thanks I guess. You want me to leave now, right?”

“I was wondering if you could help me fix the door, actually.” Wave pointed over towards the door, as a small chunk fell off of it. The hole was big enough to step through.

“That’s fair, I guess, but where do we start?”

“I have ABSOLUTELY no idea.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About an hour later, the door was fixed. Sort of. Verve and Clank, who had happened to be passing by, stopped to “help”.

“That looks JUST like new!” yelled Verve, who was standing next to the door. “You can’t even tell there was a hole in it!”
“It looks rather…off, in my opinion.” said Clank, tilting his head to see if it made a difference looking at it from a different angle. It didn’t.

The hole, which took an hour to fix, had some plywood taped over it and was painted red. The rest of the door was orange.

Wave facehoofed. “This looks terrible. Why is it red again?”

“Because that was the only color paint we could find.” said Diego, almost too cheerfully.

“I suppose it’ll be fine…I mean, it still does the job right?” Wave said, rubbing his head.

“I could try a spell to fi-” Diego started, but was cut off by the other three.

“NO!” they all yelled in unison.

“-x it…”

They heard a slow rumbling coming from somewhere around them.

“Anypony else hear that, or is my hearing going?” said Clank, toying with his ear, as if it made a difference.

Verve began slowly walking around the house, as if he could tell the exact spot the sound was coming from.

“Hey, I can see a light.”

As the other ponies came rushing around there was a flash, and suddenly, behind the house, was an emergency call box. Just as Diego was inching up to it, the doors flung open, just missing the pony. Diego looked up to find a light brown pony staring him in the face. The air was tense for a moment. The stranger from inside the box broke the silence.

“Anypony mind telling’ me where some food is? I’m starving! Oh, but no pears. No apples either. Come to think of it, never mind, I’m not hungry. Got anything to drink?”

“Hey Clank!” yelled Diego, “This guys got an accent like you!”

“Meh, forget the drink. Where in the universe am I?”

“You’re in Ponyville, Equestria. May I ask who you are?” Clank said, feeling as if he was the only one who found it strange that a call box had just appeared out of nowhere.

“I don’t know yet. Should come to me soon enough. Any problems around here?”

“W-Well, there was a hole in the door, but we fixed it al-“ Verve started.

“Say no more, say no more. I will gladly help with your problem. This way!” said the brown pony as he began to walk away.

“It’s this way.” Wave said, deciding to ignore how obviously delusional this pony was. They walked back around to in front of the door, which as mentioned before, was terribly repaired. The brown pony stood in front of the door for a moment, looking it over a few times. Then he pulled out a small, pen like object from seemingly out of nowhere.

“Where on earth did you….you know what? Forget it.” Said Clank, still skeptical of this whole situation. He didn’t want to complicate things more than he had to.

“Nuh Prblemm herr. Uss immeh ehnte.” said the strange pony working on the door. Then pen like object was glowing, and he was flashing it around the outline of the piece of plywood stuck to the door. After a while he made the object disappear, again seemingly into nowhere. He turned and looked at the group.

“Alrighy, should be perfectly fine. Looks good to me.”

“Are you insane? Nothing changed. It’s the same as it was before you waved….whatever that was in front of it.” said Clank, pointing back to the door.

Just as he began to point, the piece of wood began to glow very brightly. It lasted nearly a minute, and the light was blinding, even in the daylight. When it started to settle down, the wooden board had vanished, and there in its place was the door just as it was before.

Clank stood staring at the door, wondering how an earth pony, especially an insane one, could do this magic.

“How did you…”

“Sonic Screwdriver. Never leave the TARDIS without it. Now if you’ll excuse me for a moment I have a certain blue call box to tend to.” He said, walking around the house again. He slid open the door of the blue call box, and began to walk in.

“Must be uncomfortable in there. It looks small from the inside.” Said Diego, chiming in.

“It’s bigger on the inside.”

“Who did you say you were again?”

“I’m the Doctor.”