• Published 16th Mar 2013
  • 2,155 Views, 32 Comments

The C.M.C. 'Screw' Around - AngelShy24



The C.M.C. hang out with Screwball

  • ...
1
 32
 2,155

Chapter 2

‘What in Equestria just happened,’ is probably what all three crusaders were probably thinking right now at this moment. Today was supposed to be another great day of crusading, but now it ended up with them hanging out with Screwball. Her father, Discord, has turned their world upside down and there seems that there is no hope of him ever going away again.

Thanks to Discord’s meddling, they have no choice but to be shown around the new chaos induced Ponyville by his daughter.

“So let me get this straight,” said Apple Bloom, “You’ve existed in this world almost as long as Discord himself has existed?”

“Yep, that’s right!” Screwball responded with a goofy smile.

“But how can that be, yer not even an Alicorn; only Alicorns can live that long!”

“And you don’t even look like a full-grown pony,” stated Scootaloo.

“And how the heck are you flying!?” shouted Sweetie Belle.

Screwball was being quite amused at the crusaders’ confused reactions; it was the kind of thing that she always loved to see.

“Well, I’m technically not a pony at all.”

“You’re not!?” all crusaders exclaimed.

“Um, you clearly look like a pony to me,” said Scootaloo feeling a little more confused than she already was.

“Well of course I look like a pony, silly; that’s what my Daddy was going for when he created me a long, long time ago during his first reign of chaos! *Sigh* those were the days.”

“If you’re not… technically a pony,” asked Scootaloo, “then what are you?”

“I don’t know,” Screwball wondered, “I never even thought about that. All I really thought about was causing as much chaos for my Daddy as I could while he was gone. A little mischief here and a little chaotic manner there; but I have to admit, it was quite hard for me all these years to go on without him.”

“What about your… cutiemark?” asked Sweetie Belle as she was blatantly staring at Screwball’s mark on her flank, "Do you even know what it means?"

While flying, Screwball turned upside down and looked on her flank while sheepishly grinning, “Oh, this ol’ thing; I have absolutely no idea!”

“Maybe it stands for how screwy she is,” whispered Scootaloo to her two crusader friends.

All three of them suddenly jumped and stopped in their tracks as Screwball landed in front of them holding out the wacky looking hat that she was wearing.

“Take a lookie at this here, it’s my cute little propeller hat; isn’t it neat?!”

The crusaders looked at each other with arched eyebrow then looked back at Screwball smiling awkwardly.

“Well… it definitely serves you as an interestin’ fashion statement,” stated Apple Bloom.

“It also helps me to fly anywhere I want! See, you try it!”

Screwball suddenly placed the hat on top of Apple Bloom’s head and spun the little propeller on it. Apple Bloom was soon filled with fright as she suddenly stared to zip around up in the air uncontrollably and she was screaming and yelling wondering what was happening.

“Whoa, ahhhhhhhhh! How do ya control this thing; help!”

“Hey, do something!” Scootaloo shouted at Screwball feeling worried for her friend, “Get that thing off of her!”

“Look out,” shouted Sweetie Belle.

Not knowing what to do, Apple Bloom was coming back down to the ground fast; and she just covered her eyes while preparing for impact. Screwball was taking her hooves and was using them to predict the spot where Apple Bloom would land, and then she waved her hoof and made an overly sized feather pillow appear under the plummeting filly.

Apple Bloom landed face first into the pillow and dozens of feather were flying everywhere; she was okay, alive and well.

“Yes, such a successful landing!” shouted Screwball excitedly, “But I guess this hat wasn’t exactly made for ponies like you; heh, heh.”

Apple Bloom lifted her buried face and glared at the fuchsia pony, “Ya think?”

Screwball took back her hat and placed it back on her head as she hovered back up in the air, “Don’t worry, we’ll still have plenty of fun despite the awkward yet terrifying moment we just witnessed.”

“Why, because your daddy said so?” said Scootaloo sarcastically.

However, Screwball just went with it, “Well of course, silly; and because there’s so many things that I could do for you three since we’re now going to be best friends! Well, I can’t do as much as my daddy could do, but I have been getting a lot better in my works while he was gone all this time; I really did miss him.”

The crusaders were still quite baffled about everything that this pony of chaos was saying; it was all too bizarre to them, but they were actually willing to figure her out somehow.

“So… has anypony even seen you doing your mischief at all during all these years?” asked Sweetie Belle.

“That would be a big ‘no way’; with my daddy gone, I was still here but I was like a figment to everypony’s imagination, invisible, out of sight. Oh well, at least I was still able to do what I loved to do, just not at a large scale.”

“So nopony has not even seen you nor knew about you since Discord was turned to stone?” questioned Scootaloo.

“Nopony except the Princesses; they’ve known about me the whole time! So congratulations, you guys are the newest ponies to ever meet me; don’t you feel great about that?!”

“Wow, aren’t we very lucky,” said Scootaloo sarcastically, again.

They all soon approached the main part of Ponyville where many hectic and out-of-place scenarios were taking place.

“Hey, um… Screwball, is it?” said Apple Bloom, “I know that you love yer daddy and all, and making chaos is what you two do best; but don’t you think that what he’s doing now is a bit too much?”

“No way; daddy always told me that you can never have too much chaos!”

“Hmph, talk about a big fat lie,” Scootaloo whispered under her breath.

Suddenly, Screwball zoomed up in Scootaloo’s face and was slightly scowling at her, “Hey, are you calling my daddy a liar?”

Scootaloo smirked, “As a matter of fact, I’m…”

Apple Bloom suddenly pushed Scootaloo out of the way before she said something that she might end up regretting later, “Look, you seem nice and all and I know that you just want to make us feel better and be our friend, but what we have heard of Discord doing from the past drove all of the ponies crazy; and it hasn’t changed a bit. Ah mean… look at this!”

Apple Bloom pointed Screwball’s attention to all of the weird, confusing things going on around them; Screwball just smiled brightly at all of her daddy’s beautiful work.

“I know; totally awesome, don’t you think?!”

All three crusaders just drew a blank; obviously they couldn’t get this strange pony to understand the situation of their thoughts.

“Crusaders, group meeting!” shouted Apple Bloom.

All three of them huddle together in a circle to discuss their business while Screwball was nearby having some light chaotic fun with some nearby residents.

“So what are we going to do, Apple Bloom?” asked Sweetie Belle.

“Ah can tell that Screwball is not a bad po… wh-whatever she is and she does seem too mean well; but her daddy, Discord, is a psycho and needs to be stopped… no matter what Screwball says.”

“I think she’s pretty shady too:” said Scootaloo, “She has been doing little acts of chaos herself too, remember?”

“Ah know, but we don’t need to focus on her right now. We just gotta hope that mah sister and the others get here soon to stop Discord. Ah don’t care what he said about them findin’ the Elements of Harmony and it being too late and stuff; all I know is that once they do find them, he’s history… again.”

“Oh I get,” said Sweetie Belle excitedly, “so we just go along with Screwball and wait this out until the others get back; brilliant plan.”

“But won’t ‘little miss lost and clueless’ go all emotional and angst again when her father gets sealed away again,” mentioned Scootaloo.

“No offense to her,” continued Apple Bloom, “but better her to be sad again… than to be stuck in this mess of chaos forever.”

They all soon nodded in agreement and then broke up the circle to meet back up with Screwball.

“Hey Screwball,” shouted Apple Bloom, “we’re… ready for our tour now!”

Screwball was just finishing switching some ponies’ bodies around having a good laugh.

“Did you guys see that, I just made those two ponies over there switch bodies; the derpy one and the yellow one with the yummy carrot cutiemark. They’re so hilarious!”

Suddenly, the crusaders saw Carrot Top in Derpy’s body continuously knocking into things while through Derpy’s eyes.

“Ugh, what the… now I know why that mare is so clumbsy.”

And they also saw Derpy in Carrot Top’s bodies running off screaming as she was being chased by a bunch of long legged bunnies.

“Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh; stay away from me, Carrot’s cutiemark is not edible!!!!”

Screwball was laughing hysterically at the sight; she never had this much fun in years.

“W-w-were… you able to do stuff like that already?” asked Sweetie Belle awkwardly.

“Only when daddy came back; my powers are stronger because of that! I can’t wait to have some more fun with these ponies!”

“Yeah, yeah; just go ahead and give us the tour already;” said Apple Bloom “We can… h-h-hardly contain our excitement.”

“Well, it seems that you’re finally getting hyped up about this… just as I was hoping for. Okay then, let the fun day with my new friends commence!”

Suddenly, the crusaders saw two young fillies walking towards them from the opposite direction; two fillies that they knew they didn’t have time for.

“Why hello there, Cutiemark crusaders.”

Apple Bloom rolled her eyes and sighed, “Ugh, it’s Tiara and Silver Spoon. Don’t you two dare start teasing us about never getting our cutiemarks; we don’t have time for that!”

The two fillies looked at each other and then started to laugh quite amusingly.

“Tease you;” said Silver Spoon, “Why would we do something like that?”

Scootaloo arched her eyebrow, “Huh?”

“Silver Spoon is right,” Diamond Tiara responded, “Like, we would never do such a thing. Even though we have our marks already and you three don’t, you strive and work so hard every day to try and gain yours its almost mind-blowing! You three… inspire us to work very hard ourselves in everything we do.”

“You’re an inspiration to us all!” shouted Silver Spoon in happiness.

The crusaders didn’t know what say about this; seeing these two being so nice to them was… too bizarre for them to say anything… much.

“Um… th-thank… you?” said Apple Bloom awkwardly.

“You’re quite welcome. Well, come along, Silver Spoon; we have to hurry if I’m going to donate some of my wonderful belongings to charity.”

They both waked off and then Silver Spoon turned to them again and shouted out, “See ya later you guys; never give up on your dreams!”

Apple Bloom and Scootaloo knew that this was probably just their discorded selves talking, but it didn’t make it any less bizarre; they felt a bit uneasy.

“Aw, I think they like you guys,” said Screwball with an amused smile.

Apple Bloom and Scootaloo looked over at Sweetie Belle who was shivering slightly while shrugging her shoulders at them.

“See, it’s like I said; just… t-too weird.”