• Published 13th Mar 2013
  • 732 Views, 18 Comments

The Royal Protector - Blazing Inferno



World's greatest teacher, Royal Protector, Immortal. All of these are titles to a man. A man known simply as J

  • ...
2
 18
 732

TRP Prologue

A/N: I, in no way, own the MLP:FIM series. It is property of Lauran Faust and Hasbro Inc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Royal Protector

Prologue

Little is known about the man known as J. His origin is unknown as well as his full name. He just turned up in a town one day and stayed there. He refused to answer any questions that concerned where he was before he came here or why he is here. He simply tells them that he was drawn to this town for an unknown reason and left it at that. Later it was found out that he about 2000 years old yet still had a healthy appearance. This only brought in a new tide of questions.

Some thought he had found the secret to eternal youth. They would try to get him to tell them by force, bad idea. Most who tried this ended up disappearing and was never seen again. People who were more religious thought that he was either an angel that was there to bring them to salvation or a demon trying to lure them into the fiery depths of Hell. However, being immortal is not was he is most known for. He was most known for his two jobs. Being a teacher and being a personal bodyguard to royalty.

Over his years he had served many kings and taught many people. The most he would reveal is back to the times of the Greeks. He served under Alexander the Great until his death. J began to roam the Earth serving kings and rulers from time to time. This did not stop him from serving under very corrupt leaders. The ones that were corrupt or just plain evil would die in the most bizarre ways. Ranging from death by a nosebleed caused by extreme partying, being cooked and eaten by guest at a dinner party, and possibly the most ridiculous of them all, being suffocated by coats and jackets.

While being known for his skills as a protector, he is also known for being an excellent teacher. Many that he taught went on to become great men and women in society. Most of his students would spend a good portion of their young adult life with J learning the most they could of their trade which could range anywhere from banking, politics, war, medicine, it even extended into magic. There has only been one student to come to him for the instruction on the use of magic, it is his current student, Isabel Hawk.

She was the daughter of a well-known Duke of a land not too far from where J had lived. Isabel had abandoned her life of royalty to learn what she always wanted to, magic. However, magic was looked down upon at this time, always being affiliated with witches and warlocks. When Isabel's father found out, he was not too happy. He sent the whole guard of the land to retrieve her, they didn't return.

Isabel has been J's student for 9 years now, learning everything she could about magic. They have been through thick and thin together. Everywhere J went, Isabel was always a couple steps behind him. Every king that J served under in those 9 years, Isabel was with him. Every battle he had been in, Isabel always had his back. They accomplished many feats, saving common men from bandits to stopping full on war. They had made powerful friends and powerful enemies.

One day, both J and Isabel disappeared completely. They were going to meet a friend they had made in their travels, an old king that was attacked by highwaymen while traveling the country road. He was saved when J seemed to come out of nowhere and fight them off with ease. He had recently invited them to a formal ball for protection and honestly, for them to relax a bit. The path J plotted to take seemed to put them into a strange and freighting place, The Yree Forest.

This forest was not normal, it was far from normal, it was completely supernatural. Most of the people who wondered into the Yree were never seen again. It's been said that 1000 years ago, before J found his way into that town, an entire army of 10,000 men went missing. There was no trace that they had even gone through the Yree but they were never seen again.

Search parties were established to find J and Isabel but they could found no evidence of them being there. They said that the Yree had gotten them and no one escapes the Yree. One has to wonder, did J and Isabel really disappear from this place or are they somewhere else?

As one of J's close friends, I find it hard to believe that he would abandon the ones he cares about. Honestly, I think that he is still somewhere, but he is no here. No matter how many times I've heard people tell me that he was dead, I would simply push them away. I know J is still alive; nothing could keep that man down. If he broke every bone in his body protecting someone he cared about or even a stranger, he would still get up. That man is to stubborn too let death take him. I just hope that where ever he is now, he's still living strong.

Even now in my old age I can still remember all that he said to me when we first meet. He told me to always have hope because it's the only thing that mankind has in the darkest of time. I have hope, hope that he will never be forgotten. I have personally seen to it that his name would not be forgotten. I've arranged ceremonies, statues, even memorials to commemorate his many accomplishments. His name will be remembered in my generation and hopefully the generation after that and so on and so forth. He was a good man, a good teacher and great friend. His name will live on. He will be forever known as J, The Royal Protector.

Signed

King Trenton

Author's Note:

Fun Fact

Those weird death described in paragraph 3 all actually happened. Here is the rulers or warlords that it happened to as it was mentioned.

Attila the Hun, György Dózsa of Hungary, and Draco of Greece.

All these men were real rulers and those deaths earlier where theirs as ridiculous as it seems.