• Published 9th Mar 2013
  • 1,305 Views, 52 Comments

Dark Shadows - Melody Brush



An incarnation of King Sombra is born in the body of a filly and wanders off on her own until she comes to Ponyville where she meets Fluttershy who takes her under her wing. Later her dark half breaks free and Queen Arbmos takes the Chrystal Empire.

  • ...
5
 52
 1,305

Ch. 1: Lost, Found And Experiments

Chapter One:

Lost, Found And Experiments

The young filly blinked her eyes open and looked around to see she was still on the branch she climbed onto the previous night to escape that timberwolf before it got into a claw fight with an ursa. Her coat was stained with dried blood from running through the bushes to get away from the monsters. She shivered in the cold morning air and did not feel good at all as she felt a tickle in her nose.

She reached up and rubbed her nose with a hoof then wrinkled her nose a few times before leaning her head back and let out a huge sneeze. The sneeze nearly threw her off her perch and in a panic she wrapped her hooves tightly around the branch. The branch shook under her weight for a second before it grew still once again before she tenderly loosened her grip.

She slowly got to her hooves, her body trembling both from the cold air and nearly falling off the tree just now. She slowly walked towards the trunk of the tree and, while clinging to it with her forelegs, looked down the base of the tree. There were several large branches which she could use to get down from the tree back to the forest floor. She looked for the closest branch she could find, took a deep breath and, with a whimper, jumped down to the branch with her wings splayed.

She nearly missed her target as she reached out her fore hooves just enough to grab the branch and slide a little as her hind legs fell towards the ground. She dangled from the branch, her hind legs frantically kicking as they searched for something to help push her onto the branch. After a minute of struggling, she pulled herself up and wrapped all four hooves around the branch, panting heavily as she held on for dear life, her heart racing a mile a minute.

She cried for a moment before calming down and began to make another attempt. She stammered to her hooves, struggling to keep her balance as she looked for the next branch then after a minute, jumped down again. She repeated this process with less near misses as she progressed down to the forest floor.

When she was finally on the ground, she breathed a sigh of relief before letting out another big sneeze. She moaned in discomfort as she rubbed her nose with a hoof. She looked up at her surroundings as she trotted through the thick forest floor, jumping at the sound of anything running in the bushes.

She walked through the thick trunks and vines for nearly an hour before she turned her head to the sound of rushing water coming from behind the bushes. She followed the sound into the bushes, cutting herself with the thorns and twigs causing more blood to stain her white coat.

She climbed through the bushes, wincing as she cut herself and found the river from last night before she was attacked by the timberwolf. She trotted toward the shoreline and laid on her belly as she reached down with her hooves into the rushing water and began to wash away the fresh bloodstains on her coat, gingerly rubbing her hooves against her fresh, sensitive cuts. After she washed away the less dried stains, she got to her hooves and let out another sneeze.

She then began walking alongside the river to her left, down stream, feeling miserable as she went. She walked alongside the river for what seemed like forever, stopping a few times to take a drink from the clear rushing water or to relieve herself. As she continued, she only grew more hungry, tired and miserable and she was starting to wish she had stayed at that crystal palace.

She did not know why, but she wanted desperately to claim that crystal palace for herself and that desire terrified her for some reason. For all she knew, she could have belonged there and was meant to be in the palace, instead she ran the other way. She did not know or care where she was going, all she did know was that she wanted to get away because of that fear and now she wished she had not.

A sound from her left drew her from her thoughts, she turned her gaze to see something moving through the trees coming her way. Her heart started racing and she did not even wait to see what it was that was coming, she bolted down the shoreline, her wings adding in her speed. She heard a roar coming from behind her and felt heat building up in spots around her from what ever it was. A blast of fire formed in front of her and she skidded to a stop just in the nick of time. She turned her head back to see a small dragon-like creature but with no hind legs flying toward her.

As the wyvern got closer to her, she turned back to face the fire and flapped her wings as she jumped up and over the flames, the heat burned at her belly and caught her white tail setting a small blaze to it. She yelped as her tail was being singed from the flame, her gaze turned to the river and without hesitation, she ran down to the water and jumped in and pulled her tail under to muffle the fire, steam rising up from the water where her tail was submerged.

Another roar came from the dragon-like monster that continued to chase after its pray. She struggled to the shore and resumed her running from the monster staying close to the water until she saw some rocks standing over the rushing water. She ran straight for the stones and began to jump across the stream in the hopes of getting away from the predator. The wyvern flew up towards her, its claws outstretched as it flew down to snatch its pray.

She took one quick glance at the monster before making a jump for the next rock and when she landed her hooves slipped and she fell into the water as the wyvern swooped down to catch her. She fell into the river just in time for the wyvern to miss her as her head went under water. She pulled her head over, gasping for air as she splashed at the surface to keep above the flowing river. The wyvern flapped its wings angrily as it watched its pray drift off in the current away from its territory.

In a panic of drowning, she splashed the water trying to keep her head up as she flowed down stream in the river. She screamed as the stream carried her, who knows where, and she was frightened. A large branch fell into the river ahead of her and she frantically splashed her forelegs to get to it. Closer and closer, she reached the broken branch and stammered onto it, shivering and crying as she felt more miserable then ever. Her throat was soar, her nose was runny and she just wanted to die to make it all stop. She laid her head down on the branch and just held on as the river carried them down stream.

~~)oOo(~~

The birds chirped in the morning sunlight at Fluttershy's cottage as the front door opened and a protesting yellow pegasus mare was pushed out by a testy white bunny rabbit. "Oh, but I'm sure I left the water running in the bathroom!" She said as she turned back to face Angel as he thumped his foot on the ground impatiently as he had his arms folded, glaring up at her. "I know I need to get some food, but I think I..." she was cut off by Angel pointing a paw at his wrist like he was pointing at a watch, an annoyed expression on his face. She raised a hoof as she started to say something else when he closed the door in her face making her flinch, the lock sounded from the other side. "Oh... okay." She whispered as she turned around and walked off towards town.

Fluttershy trotted over the bridge from her cottage and down the road towards town to get food for her and her animal friends for the week, mainly apples for the hedgehogs but she had a list of other things she had to get, too. She trotted down the road into town, ponies were already out and about as they went shopping, out on dates or just hanging out with their friends.

"Okay." Fluttershy said as she pulled a list from her saddlebags. "I need lettuce, apples..." She read the list to herself. She looked up from her list and trotted on to the market for the food she needed. The cherry stand was the first thing that came into her view and she trotted up to the stand, the stallion behind the counter looked up at her with a smile.

"Mornin' kid." He said. "How may I help you?"

"I need twenty cherries, please." She answered with a shy smile.

"I think we can make that happen." He said as he pulled out a small sack. "Red or yellow?" He asked. She looked down at her list for a minute then back up.

"Ten of each, please." She answered. He nodded his head and began filling the sack. When he was done he closed the sack and placed it on the counter in front of her.

"That would be twenty bits, but its your lucky day because there's a sale on twenty cherries today." He said with a smile.

"Oh, are you sure?" She asked. "I can pay the full twenty." He shook his head.

"I'm not takin' any more then fifteen from you today, kiddo." He protested. She smiled and reached back for her bag of bits from her saddlebags. She placed the bits on the counter of the cherry stand and the stallion gave her the small sack of cherries.

"Thank you so much!" She whispered as she grabbed the sack in her mouth and put it in her saddlebags.

"Sure thing kid." He said as he slid the bits into a box and placed it under the counter out of sight.

"No really, thank you." She said. "You really didn't have to lower the price."

"Calm down, kid." He said. "It was nothin'." She smiled sheepishly as she backed away from the stand then trotted off to continue her shopping, singing to herself as she went along, stopping at several places to buy food and supplies for the week. After she was done buying lettuce, she backed away from the stand with a repeated "thank you" and let out a yelp when she bumped into somepony and whirled around to see a big red stallion with an orange mane and tail. She went wide eyed as she saw Big Macintosh smiling down at her.

"Oh, Big Macintosh!" She whimpered. "I'm so sorry! I didn't see you there!"

"It's okay, Fluttershy." He said with a gentle smile on his face.

"No, really! I didn't hurt you, did I?" She half whispered.

"Nnope." He said reassuringly. "It's okay Fluttershy."

"Are you sure?" She asked.

"Eeyup." He answered. "Ya just bumped into me, is all." She smiled sheepishly at him, her cheeks flushing slightly as she straightened to her full height while keeping her head ducked down. "Do ya need any help with anythin'?" He asked in his deep, gentle, country accent.

"Well, um..." she said as she reached back and pulled out her shopping list, "actually, I'm just about done here. All I need are some apples."

"Well, we have an extra barrel of apples back at the barn." He stated.

"Oh, no. I couldn't." She stated.

"It ain't no problem." He said. "You'd save a few bits that way and we have enough to get us through ta next harvest."

"Well, um... if you insist, that would be just fine." She said.

"Okay. Ah'll go back to the barn and bring 'em to yer place in a little bit."

"Thank you, Big Macintosh." She said with shy smile.

"Ya can call me Big Mac." He said. She ducked her face behind her mane with a sheepish smile and a light blush.

"Oh, o-okay... um... Big Mac." She replied. He started off for Sweet Apple Acres. "Oh! Wait, will you need any help with the apples?" She asked as she jumped into the air and hovered over him. "Cause, I can come and help you, if it's okay with you."

"That's okay, I can get 'em." He replied.

"Are you sure? Cause it's really no problem if you need any help." She continued. He turned to face her with a thankful smile.

"Yer too kind, Fluttershy. But ah'll be fine. You go on back home and relax. Ah'll have the apples there before ya know it." After a few seconds she nodded her head with a sheepish smile and he turned to continued on to the barn.

"Okay." She said. Big Mac turned and trotted out of sight before she turned to see the clock tower. "Oh my!" She gasped. "It's almost noon! The animals are sure to be hungry right now. I better get back home, fast." She flew off back to her cottage.

She left the town streets and landed on the dirt road and trotted the rest of the way back home. The cottage came into view as she got closer. Her attention, however, was drawn over to several of the animals standing by the river. Curious, she trotted her way over to see what the animals were gathering around for. The animals, Angel among them, looked up at her and cleared a path for her and what she saw made her heart skip a beat.

Laying on the ground half way in the water was a little, pure white alicorn filly who appeared to be no older then Applebloom, Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle. Her coat was stained with dried blood from the fresh cuts all over her body and the end of her tail was singed. The filly looked up and blinked her eyes open and found the yellow mare staring wide eyed at her, fear and misery swimming in her beautiful red eyes, then she let her head drop as she coughed and let out a sneeze.

"Oh my goodness!" Fluttershy cried as she dropped her saddlebags and reached down and felt the filly's forehead with her hoof. " Oh my! You're running a high fever!" The filly let out a sneeze and continued to coughed as she cried.

With her forelegs, Fluttershy picked up the filly and carried her to the cottage. Angel hopped up to the door and opened it to give Fluttershy a clear path inside, she flew right through the living room and straight up stairs with the filly in her forelegs. She landed on her hind hooves just outside her bedroom then she set the filly down gently on the floor and then opened the door. She turned back to pick up the filly again and carried her to the other side of her room and laid her on her bed. The filly opened her eyes weakly and looked up at the yellow mare, nothing but fear filled those red irises.

"Don't be afraid." Fluttershy said gently. "We're going to make you better." She ran off into the bathroom and opened the medicine cabinet and pulled out a white box with a red cross on the top, then ran over to the tub and turned the water on to fill it up, making sure the water was not to hot or cold before she plugged the drain to let it fill. She turned to find the filly was not where she left her.

Just then, there came a loud thud from the bedroom. Fluttershy jumped at the sound and ran out to find the filly laying on the floor next to the bed, sobbing quietly. Fluttershy let out a squeak as she ran over to the filly, she gently picked her up and carried her into the bathroom. She laid the filly down next to the tub then reached up to turn the water off when she saw it was full enough for a filly of her size.

Fluttershy looked back down to find the filly in tears. "It's okay." She said softly as she reached down to pick the filly up again. The filly let out a sneeze that made Fluttershy jump and after a few seconds she continued to slide her forelegs under the filly and lifted her off the floor and into the tub. The filly cried out as she was placed in the water. "Oh, I'm sorry." Fluttershy apologized. "I didn't mean to hurt you." The filly settled down a little, but continued to cry.

Fluttershy started to gently wash the blood off the white alicorn's coat, the water turned slightly red from the blood. The filly looked up at the mare, a mixed look of high fear and a thankful expression in her red eyes. Fluttershy smiled reassuringly at her new charge as she admired her single color when it was not covered in blood.

"Your coat is beautiful." She said gently as she continued to clean the filly. The filly's cries had died down a little more to Fluttershy's kind hearted nature and she allowed the mare to proceed without any more fuss.

Fluttershy finished cleaning the alicorn and pulled the plug to let the red water drain, the filly watched as the water swirled down the drain. When the tub was empty, she looked up at Fluttershy with more trust in her eyes as the mare reached down with a towel to dry her off tenderly as she pulled her out of the tub, then carried her over to the first aid box she pulled out earlier.

"Now, let's get those cuts covered." Fluttershy said gently as she opened the box and pulled out some supplies to bandage the little one up. "What's your name?" She asked as she began applying some bandages to her more serious cuts. The filly just looked up at Fluttershy with no answer for a minute before shaking her head. "No what?" She asked. "You don't have a name?" The filly shook her head again. "Do you have a mother, or a father?" The filly shook her head as her answer. Fluttershy was now filled with concern and sadness. This filly had no name and no parents. "Can you talk, sweetie?" The filly gave no reply, she just looked away as though she was ashamed. Fluttershy sighed.

Fluttershy finished covering the alicorns wounds and put away the med pack when there came a knock from down stairs that made the filly jump onto the mare, clinging to her in fear as she cried on her shoulder. "Oh my." Fluttershy breathed. "It's okay little one." She said as she stroked the alicorns clean white mane.

Unable to get make the filly let her go so she could check to see who was at the door, she helped the filly onto her back and smiled back at her as she let out another big sneeze. Another knock came from the door and Fluttershy began to trot out of the bathroom, through the bedroom, down the stairs and to the front door.

Another knock came from the door and Big Mac's voice called out from outside. "Fluttershy, are ya okay?" He asked. Fluttershy opened the door and found the red stallion with saddlebags full of apples hanging from his back and a look of concern on his face. "Are ya okay, Fluttershy?" He asked.

"I'm fine, Big Mac." She answered. "Why do you ask?" Big Mac let out a sigh of relief before he spoke again.

"Ah just saw yer saddlebags on the ground by the river and thought..."

"Oh, my saddlebags," she interrupted, "I forgot all about them." She started to walk by him when he held up her saddlebags in his mouth in front of her. "Oh, thank you. Um... would you bring everything inside for me? If you don't mind." She asked with a sheepish smile.

"Eeyup." He said with the saddlebags still in his mouth. She thanked him as she stepped to the side to let him in as he walked by her.

"You can just set them on the floor there." She instructed, pointing a hoof to where she meant as she closed the door. Big Mac set her saddlebags on the floor then eased his own down next to hers. When he set his down an apple fell out from the opening. The filly jumped off Fluttershy's back and ran to the apple and began eating it all in just a second. Big Mac stared at the alicorn in slight surprise before turning up to Fluttershy with a questioning look in his eyes.

"Fluttershy?" He asked. "Who's this?" She ducked her face behind her mane and kicked a hoof across the floor. "Fluttershy?"

"Well, um... she was in the river when I came home, She has no name or parents and she's scared about something." Fluttershy explained. Big Mac looked down at the alicorn who had started on a second apple. The first one was laying on the floor, eaten to the core.

"She sure is hungry, ain't she?" Big Mac observed. Fluttershy walked up beside him as she watched the little filly eat the apples.

"She was pretty cut up when I found her, she may have come from the Everfree Forest." She stated. The filly dropped the second apple core then grabbed another one and continued eating. The two watched as the little filly ate apple after apple for he next few minutes, emptying half of the first saddlebag then let out a satisfied belch. Fluttershy breathed an 'oh my' while Big Mac let out a light chuckle as he walked up and laid down beside her.

"Yer hunger, weren't ya?" He asked. The filly looked up at him with a nervous expression for a minute before nodding once. He smiled at her and reached out with a hoof, she cringed away from his hoof as he got closer. He immediately stopped his efforts and pulled away from her.

"It's okay little one." Fluttershy said. "This is Big Macintosh, or Big Mac for short. He's very nice." The filly looked up at her when she spoke then back at the red stallion, still uncertain about him. After a couple of minutes she got to her hooves and walked up to him and curled up on his forelegs under his chin. She let out a big yawn and laid her head down and almost instantly fell asleep, both Big Mac and Fluttershy smiled with an 'aww' as the filly slept.

~~)oOo(~~

Spike was on a latter putting a stack of books away in their proper places while Twilight was setting at a table with a book levitating in front of her in her magic. Twilight took a moment to look up from her book at Spike, who was still putting books away.

"Do you need help with any of those, Spike?" She asked. He was stretching his claw that was clenching a book to an empty spot on the shelf.

"No, I go- whoa!" The latter began to tilt under his weight and he started to fall. The latter suddenly went still and Spike looked down to see the purple alicorn was using her magic to steady him, a smile on her face. "Thanks, Twilight." He said with a thankful smile.

"You're welcome my number one assistant." She replied with a closed eyed smile. She moved the latter over closer to the slot he was reaching for before he almost fell to the ground and he put the book away. The books in his other claw levitated in the air and floated to their places on the shelves.

"You didn't have to do that." He said as he climbed down the latter. "I would've gotten them all."

"That's okay Spike." She replied. "You've worked hard enough already." He smiled up at her thankfully.

There was a knock at the door. "I'll get it." Spike called and ran off for the door while Twilight put the rest of books away in her magic. Spike opened the door and looked up to see Big Mac and Fluttershy standing side by side looking down at him. "Hey Fluttershy, hey Big Mac." He said. "What's up?"

"Hi Spike." Fluttershy said in her hushed voice. "Is Twilight here?" She asked. Just then, Twilight came into view behind Spike and smiled happily as she saw her two friends coming to visit.

"Hey, Fluttershy! Hey Big Mac!" She exclaimed.

"Hello Twilight." Fluttershy Replied.

"Hey Twilight." Big Mac added.

"Are you two here for some books?" Twilight asked. Fluttershy ducked behind her mane and scraped her hoof on the ground for a minute before turning her form to show a little white alicorn filly covered in bandages and clinging to her back. Twilight gasped when she saw the filly.

"We were hoping you could have a look at her and find out if anything is wrong with her." Fluttershy explained. The filly let out a great sneeze which made Twilight flinch. "Oh, and she's sick with a fever."

"Fluttershy, what happened to her?" Twilight asked as she urged them inside the library. Fluttershy and Big Mac walked inside.

"Well... um..." Fluttershy stammered as she thought about how to explain. "... I was going home after my shopping, and all the animals were gathered around her. She was in the water all cut up and sick, so I cleaned her up and then Big Mac," she said as she inclined her head towards the red stallion, "came over with the apples he offered to me and she ate a lot of them then fell asleep for an hour. So, we let her sleep before we brought her to you."

The filly sneezed again as Twilight walked up to the filly and reached a hoof to her. She cringed away from the purple alicorn. Twilight backed away from her with concern on her face as she looked to Fluttershy for some help.

"She's a might shy, Twilight." Big Mac stated. "She was afeared of me when ah first tried to approach her."

"But, she warmed up to you pretty quickly." Fluttershy observed.

"After yer reassured her ah was a nice pony." He added.

"Either way," Twilight said, "... I need to examine her and make sure she's okay. What's her name?" She asked Fluttershy.

Um... she doesn't have a name." Fluttershy replied. "I asked her earlier while I was cleaning her up what her name was and who her parents are, but she just shook her head. I don't know if she can even talk." She observed as she looked back at the filly with a soft smile as she clung to her back. "It's okay little one. This is my best friend, Twilight and she is very nice."

The filly looked up at Fluttershy, then turned her gaze over to Twilight. Her red eyes looking the purple alicorn over as though she was studying her. Then after a minute, she ducked her head back into Fluttershy's mane. Fluttershy gently nuzzled the filly to try and calm her down as she smiled at her. After a few minutes, the filly looked up at the yellow mare again.

"Is it okay if my friend helps you get better?" She asked sweetly. "I'll be with you the whole time. I promise." The filly looked over to Twilight uncertainly for a minute as she smiled reassuringly at her, then nodded her head just before she sneezed again.

Twilight began to use her magic to levitate the filly off Fluttershy's back, but she began to cry and cling tightly. Twilight stopped her efforts and looked over to her friend. "Maybe you should help me with this."

"What do you need me to do?" Fluttershy asked.

"Just bring her over to the table." Twilight answered as she trotted off while Fluttershy followed. "Spike, can you and Big Mac go out for a little bit?"

"Do you need us to get anything for you, Twilight?" The baby dragon asked.

"I'm about to check on a filly, Spike." Twilight replied. Spike blinked at first before his eyes opened wide with realization on what she meant.

"Okay." He said. "C'mon Big Mac. Why don't we go get a snack for everyone?"

"Actually, ah should be gettin' back to the barn." The farm pony replied. "Ah've been gone fer quite some time and everypony'll be wonderin' where ah am and ah still got work ta do."

"Okay." Spike said with a shrug. "See you later." He wave to him and the girls, who waved back at them as the two walked out the door. Spike switched the sign to 'closed' so nopony would enter in on Twilight's examination on the filly.

Fluttershy helped the filly off her back and onto the table. She sat there looking scared as Twilight came up to her. "It's okay." She said. "I'm just going to check to see how you are physically and then I want to run some tests to see what your magical capacity is." The filly now looked confused before turning to face Fluttershy.

"I think she means, she wants to check to see if you're hurt then find out what your magic is like." She explained. Twilight nodded, but the filly still looked uncertain about this.

After a minute of trying to earn enough trust from the filly to get close to her, Twilight began examining her body, checking her from nose to tail finding the only thing wrong was the cuts covered by the bandages and her singed tail. When she was done she ignited her horn and a white box with a red cross imprinted on the top flew from up stairs. The med pack opened up and some fresh bandages levitated into the air. Twilight undid the bandages already on the filly and set them aside and placed the new ones on her cuts.

"Well, apart from having a fever..." Twilight was cut off by another sneeze from the filly. "... and cuts all over her, she's in good health."

"That's good." Fluttershy said as she smiled at the filly.

"I still have a few more things I want to check." Twilight said. "Can you lay down on your back, please?" She asked. The filly hesitated for a minute before complying to her request. When the filly was on her back, looking up at the two, Twilight's horn began to glow.

"I promise, you won't feel a thing." Twilight said as she saw the rising fear in the filly's red eyes. The filly calmed down just a little and Twilight let a beam of purple light flow over the filly's body. She did this a few times, each time a little differently then the first. After a few minutes of scanning, Twilight looked confused.

"What is it, Twilight?" Fluttershy asked, nervousness in her voice.

"Well, she's healthy, but..." She trailed off as she looked up from the filly. Fluttershy followed her gaze to a pot of rather healthy looking petunias.

"Oh Twilight. Those flowers are just lovely." Fluttershy stated.

"Exactly!" Twilight replied. "Those petunias have been withering for a few days, and now they look as healthy as ever." She looked back down at the filly and ignited her horn over her again.

"You don't think it was her, do you?" Fluttershy asked. After a few seconds, Twilight let the spell disappear and looked up at the yellow mare with both excitement and confusion in her eyes.

"Actually, it is her." She said.

"How?" Fluttershy asked.

"Well, she's giving off a kind of radiation, like the radiation that's coming from the sun and the petunias are reacting to her like photosynthesis." Twilight explained. Fluttershy looked a little confused at Twilight's words. Twilight rolled her eyes to the heavens as she let out a sigh. "She's making the plants grow." Fluttershy hummed with understanding as she nodded her head once.

"So, I can take her home now?" Fluttershy asked.

"I think we should take her to see Princess Celestia." Twilight replied.

"Oh, I don't know, Twilight." Fluttershy said. "I don't think traveling is good for her right now." Twilight looked down at the filly, who had gotten up from the table and hopped back up onto Fluttershy's back and then sneezed again.

"I guess you're right." Twilight sighed. "But I still think we should let the Princess know about this."

"Okay." Fluttershy said. "But, do you think it can wait until she's better?" She asked as she looked back and nuzzled the filly gently. Twilight did not answer right away, she just watched as Fluttershy showed motherly affection for the new filly. Twilight watched the two with a smile on her face for a few minutes before saying anything.

"So, what are you going to call her?" Twilight asked. Fluttershy looked up at Twilight in shock from the unexpected question.

"What am I gonna call her?" She repeated. Twilight nodded with a smile. "Oh, well, um..." She looked back at the little white filly, who was laying on her back as she looked up at her with those beautiful red eyes. She looked up at the pot of petunias and saw how beautiful they looked, then it came to her. "I think I'll call her... Petunia Snow." She said as she smiled at the filly, who smiled back at her, the first real smile she had seen from her all day. "Do you like that name?" She asked. The filly nodded her head.

"Petunia Snow is perfect for her." Twilight said with a smile. "Hello Petunia." She called. Petunia raised her hoof and waved it slowly at the purple alicorn.

"Well, let's go home, Petunia." Fluttershy said as she started for the door.

"Bye Fluttershy, bye Petunia." Twilight called as they walked out. Fluttershy returned the 'goodbye' as Petunia waved her hoof through the door before Twilight closed it.

When Fluttershy was gone with the alicorn filly Twilight let a frown settle on her face as she turned towards the stairs and began walking up to her room where she used her magic to levitate a bit of parchment, a feather quill and an ink bottle and placed them on her desk by the window. She dipped the tip of the quill into the open ink bottle and began to write as she spoke aloud, "Dear Princess Celestia..."

Author's Note:

I finished writing this chapter on my birth day at 2:55 AM, March 12, 2013. Today, I turned 22 years old.