• Published 7th Mar 2013
  • 306 Views, 2 Comments

Equestria 2028: Friendship Still Exists - The Equestrian Tour



Windy Skies is a mare trying to live in the ruins of Equestria, but she is not the only one looking for some help to survive.

  • ...
 2
 306

Justice at the Justice House

The Justice House is a two story building with ten rooms surprisingly and actually brilliantly painted yellow, which seemed to show brilliantly even in the dark. Scarlet River lead her down a hallway and past two doors, then stopped at the last door on the right.

"This is your room!" he kicked open the door. "Just yell..." he laughed at this, "If you need anything!" he ran down the hallway.

Windy looked down the hall with a concerned look on her face, then quickly entered the room. "Okay first thing tomorrow, I'm outta here." she told herself and closed the door quickly. "No breakfast, no "friendly" goodbye."

She took a step away from the door and turned around, and saw where she was spending the night. Old oak boards decorated the walls, a queen sized bed sat at the far end of the room, with white bed sheets, and a thick brown blanket that looked warm. Then there was a strange blue night stand next to the bed, "I wonder what's in it?" Windy questioned herself in her mind. She walked up to it and slid the top drawer open, "Damn, nothing," she cursed. "Maybe the next one then?" she closed the top drawer, then slid open the second one.

Two small metallic objects lay there. Upon closer inspection, Windy saw that the metallic pieces, were two small pistols. "I might need these, even though I've never shot one before," she scooped the pistols into her saddlebag, and closed the drawer. She noticed the third drawer, "Maybe..." she opened the last drawer, six magazines were ready for her new weapons, she scooped them into her bag with a clank and the crumpling of paper. She gingerly put her saddlebags on the floor, and jumped up on the bed.

"Wow!" Windy expressed her surprise. She flopped around on the bed and found it soft on her sleek body. "Finally, four days of searching and I found a comfortable bed!" she relieved, and placed her head on the pillow. "Oh, wow!" she rejoiced as she rubbed her head deeper in the pillow, "You're so soft," she complimented the object.

Orange objects flickered about creating light, Windy turned her head towards them, "Ough, dumb lights just blow yourselves out!" Windy cursed the candles that were doing their job. She rose to sit on her haunches, and uncased her wings and flapped her wings hard in order to create a gust to blow out the weak flames. "Much better," Windy relieved when the flames died and crawled under the blanket, and placed her head on the pillow. "The perfect combo," she yawned. The dark room became pitch black as her eyes closed.

Two hours and twenty-three minutes later after Windy fell asleep, the door to her room opened slowly.

There she is boys," Scarlet River showed a crowd of stallions who lined up behind him.

They crowded in the doorway to examine the sleeping mare. "Scarlet, you sure did pick a hot ass flank this time," one of the stallion congratulated.

"Thank you. I'm glad somepony finally agrees," Scarlet appreciated. "You don't know how much work I go through to find such great merchandise. Now lets get on with the biding. How about five stamps?"

"Glad I saved mine up," a stallion waved his hoof.

"Eight!" another stallion responded.

"Fifteen!" the first stallion retaliated.

"Shush!" Scarlet River tried to quiet them down. He peeked in the room, and saw that Windy rolled over in her sleep and exposed one of her hind legs. "If she wakes up this whole bidding thing is going to be ruined."

"Sixteen stamps," a stallion whispered.

"There we go," Scarlet agreed. "Come on, let's keep going..." he moved aside, "just look at her." The stallion looked into the room and noticed the exposed leg.

"That flank is mine, twenty-five."

"In your wet-dreams Flash, forty!"

Dimmit, I'm out!" the stallion named Flash stomped off.

"Hehe, she's mine," the highest bidder celebrated.

"Forty stamps going once... Forty stamps going twwiccee..." Scarlet called, “and so..."

"Sixty stamps!" a familiar Appleloosian voice made an input.

"Shit, who has sixty stamps?" the ex-highest bidder asked.

Scarlet looked towards the back of the group and noticed the familiar cowboy hat, and gave a deadpanned enthusiastic response, I didn’t think you were interested, Sure Shot?"

"I ain't," Sure Shot answered. "I just want her to be safe from you rapist pigs."

"Now that's harsh," the forty stamp bidder seemed to take offense. "But hell if it’s not true."

All of the stallions laughed except the blue stallion with the orange mane peeking from under his hat, "Ya'll better leave her alone or ya'll will regret it," Sure Shot growled.

All of the stallion stopped laughing, and stared at him, "And what if we don't?" a stallion casually walked up to him.

"Well..." Sure Shot pointed a hoof at him, "I'd break your flimsy neck..." he moved his hoof to the unicorn behind the one he pointed at before, "I'd jab your throat before you could use your magic and pull out your gun, then slam your head in this loose floor. That would either kill or stun ya." Sure Shot placed his hoof on his chin, "Then I'd tackle you, take your knife and throw it through Scarlet's throat."

The stallions stood there dumbfounded, and stared at the serious face on the Sure Shot's scruffy face. After a few stiff seconds of a stare down the stallion in front spoke, "Yeah, I highly doubt that," he lunged for Sure Shot.

Sure Shot did not hesitate; he side stepped and caught the stallion by his neck. The stallion tried to buck free, but Sure Shot's grip was to strong, he didn't wait long, he jerked the neck of the stallion and a sickening snap could be heard. The stallion went limp, Sure Shot dropped the body of the former stallion and charged the next stallion.

"Shit! Kill him!" Scarlet commanded.

Just as Sure Shot predicted, the stallion's horn began to glow in a magical hue, and his gun began to rise out of it's holster. Sure Shot jumped to cover the rest of the distance from him and the gunman. He pulled a hoof back, and then rushed it forward into the stallion's throat, the unicorn stumbled back while his gun hit the floor, and put his hoof on his throat as he tried desperately to breathe. The blue stallion grabbed the choking stallion's neck and fell straight down, driving the head into the floorboards, a little blood could be seen, and immediately Sure Shot stood up. The third stallion charged with a wicked war cry with a knife in his mouth.

Windy awoke with a fright, and she toppled out of the bed with a thud. "Hey! What's going on?"

Scarlet turned to her in surprise, "You aren't supposed to be awake!"

"What do you mean? I'm wake right now," Windy explained dumbfounded.

Scarlet River began approaching her with a look of intensity, "You brought him here!" he began screaming. "You whore! You brought him here to kill us all, didn't you?!"

"I don't know what you're talking about!" Windy stood up and backed away, a thud could be heard in the hallway. Her flank hit the back wall, she was trapped. "And I'm not a whore!"

He approached her and was almost upon her shouting the same thing, "You must learn your place in this land bitch!"

She cringed and put her wings in front of her face, "Please don't hurt me!"

A Knife came flying into the room at a fearce velocity with enough accuracy and force in order to pierce through Scarlet's spine and out through his jugular. Blood began to gush everywhere, and covered Windy's wing in the warm crimson liquid. Scarlet began to gurgle and slowly stumbled in a circle spraying his blood everywhere.

He finally turned in a complete semi-circle and his eyes met the eyes of the knife thrower, who approached him. "Scarlet, it’s about time somepony shoved a knife in your throat..." Sure Shot came closer. "And I'm glad it was me."

Scarlet tried to respond, but it only came out as inaudible gurgles and blood spurts. His eyes rolled to the back of his head and he fell to the floor in a puddle of blood that expanded by the second.

Windy took notice of the warm liquid on her wings and examined them. Her eyes grew wide and she began to flap her wings ferociously, "What the hell?!"

"Now mam we don't have much time, we have to go!" Sure Shot instructed.

Her eyes wandered from her wing to the stallion, then to the blood corpse, "You killed him," she said in a whispered terror. The blood began to drip off of her wing and stained the sheets of the bed, "Oh my Celestia, this is his blood," she screeched and flapped her wings again.

"Look I know you're scared..." Sure Shot came closer, Windy squeezed herself even closer to the back wall, "I ain't gunna hurt ya. I'm only here to save ya."

Windy gave a hysterical laugh, "Right you murdered a guy for no reason, and say you'll gelp me. Hay, I bet you are going to say, they were going to rape me, to get you some sort of brownie points!"

Sure Shot gave her a cold stare. "Mam this ain't no place for mares!" Windy opened her mouth, but Sure Shot stopped her. "What I meant was, this ain't the type of place for a mare. The stallions here haven't seen a mare in a while and they will do anything to get their hooves on one."

"And what makes, YOU, any different?" Windy stared right into his eyes.

The blue stallion never broke eye contact, "I ain't like them."

At first Windy tensed up, but then she relaxed. "I don't know why..." she stepped off of the bed and stepped into the pool of blood, she cringed as is splashed on her leg, "but I believe you."

"Good," his voice was softer now. "Now get your things and we'll be on our way!"

Windy picked up her bags in her mouth and threw it over her back, "Where are we going?"

The stallion moved to the door and peaked his head out of the doorway, then pulled it back in, "Out of here." He walked away from the doorway and across the room. Marching through the crimson puddle, he stopped at the body of his former foe and leaned in close. He whispered something to the corpse, then extracted the knife from the neck, with a sickening squishing, and snapping of the vertebrae.

"Ew," Windy felt the lining of her empty stomach toss.

"You're going to need to get use to it," he kept walking to the window. "We need to go out the window."

Windy gave a look of confusion, "Whyyy?"

He threw open the window, "They most likely heard all the commotion and are comin'. This window leads to an alleyway, they won't expect that escape."

"Just wondering..." she began, "but how are we going to survive?"

Sure Shot turned to her, "We'll watch each other’s flanks, that's how. And plus I know a lot of survival skills I can teach ya."

"Okay!" Windy accepted. "Let's go!"

"Good!" Sure Shot readied himself to hoist her out of the window. Windy trotted up to him and positioned herself on his back, and Sure Shot pushed her through the opening. As she was exiting, her back hoof bumped the window frame and lost her balance and fell on her back in the alley with a hard thud.

"Ow," she complained as she stood up and turned to the entrance of the alley. There stood a stallion with a look of surprise. "You escaped?" it was Flash, he approached her. "Yes! You're coming, with me!"

"No, I'm not!" Windy backed up. The stallion approached faster. "Uh, Sure Shot, I could us some help!" she called.

The stallion laughed, "I sure know a few spots where I'd shoot you."

"Wow, that's really creepy!" Windy stated.

Flash continued to approach faster and almost tackled Windy, but Sure Shot jumped out of the window and dove on Flash. Sure Shot landed in the middle of Flash's back, breaking his spine in half and making it protrude through his skin. Flash howled in pain. Sure Shot recovered and dug out a saddle bag, with an apple within a crosshair, and threw it over his back. "Let's go!"

"How much of this will I see?" Windy held back her vomit.

"A lot, now come on!" he began to make his way out of the alleyway; Windy followed stepping around the broken earth pony.

"One day you bitches!" Flash threatened. "One day I'll find you, and I'm going to listen to your screams as I slowly cut you apart!"

Windy became frightened, and Sure Shot comforted her, "Don't listen to him, once we're out of town they won't look for us! They aren't the brightest apples on the trees."

They exited the alleyway and took a hard left and broke for the town's exit, "There they are! Shoot their asses!" a command came form behind them.

Clnk!PffPff!Clnk! Various sized guns sounded behind them as they ran for the city's exit.

"Come on!" Sure Shot encouraged Windy.

Wind sped up and passed Sure Shot, "Come on lets go!" she mocked.

"Smart ashuhn!" he began to respond, but was interrupted by a bullet piercing through the meat of his hind leg. "Dimmit!"

"Are you alright?!" Windy shouted over her shoulder.

Sure Shot limped badly as blood trailed behind him, and held back his grunts of pain. "Yeah! Just keep on running!" The guns continued to fire, but they never hit their mark. The two escaped from the town and entered the waste lands.