• Published 3rd Mar 2013
  • 591 Views, 24 Comments

Zombie Plan - Red Letters



Twilight Sparkle, Gordon Freeman, Guy Montag, and Sherlock Holmes fighting a Draqonequis and Cthulu.

  • ...
15
 24
 591

Something Blue

Twilight ambled along behind Montag, with the crowbar dude behind her.

"Where are we going?" Twilight asked after a while.

"To the top of the tallest building we can find," Montag replied.

There was a pause. "So...what do you do for a living?" Twilight asked, trying to make conversation.

"I'm a Fireman," Montag answered.

The trio walked on in silence. Twilight coughed.

And crowbar dude remained crowbar dude.

"...and how does being a Fireman entail lighting things on fire?" Twilight asked. "I thought fireponies...I mean, firemen...were supposed to put fires out."

"Nnnnot where I come from."

"Well, then what do they do?" Twilight asked.

A loud moan came from an alleyway as a rather fast walking zombie ambled towards the trio, right before the crowbar guy used his weapon wisely.

"We need to hurry up," Montag said plainly.

"I'll say," Twilight replied.

The trio began walking again, the scientist looking behind for them.

"I was asking," Twilight continued, "what do Firemen do?"

"We burn stuff."

"Well, burn what?"

"...stuff."

"What kind of stuff."

"Burnable stuff."

"What's with the 451 on your outfit?"

"It's the temperature."

"The temperature of what?"

Guy Montag sighed. "I used to burn books," Montag said. "It was a simple profession. Any fictional or fantastical novels we found, or really anything besides history and fact books, we burnt. Fahrenheit 451 is the temperature at which books burn. Thus, the number."

Guy Montag stopped and turned around. The purple pony had stopped and was standing there, aghast.

"W-w-why would y-you do such a thing?" Twilight asked.

"It's confusing," Montag said, turning back around. "And human. And, I said, I used to do that. I stopped. I like books now. I am a book, but we won't get into that."

"So...why are you still wearing that outfit?"

"An even longer story," Montag said, rolling his eyes, "what, with after hiding from the government, getting chased by robotic dogs that poison you, the book people, the nuclear war, the return of the colonists on mars..." Montag sighed. "Yeah. Too long of a story."

Twilight shook her head. "I just don't know why you would ever burn books. I mean, what's the point?"

Guy Montag stopped and looked behind. A plethora of growls and groans came from behind, and there was the sound of a herd of heavy treading zombies floating in the air.

"A horde," Montag said. "We need to go."

Twilight turned and saw a large number of undead ape-beasts ambling towards them, coming in through the fog. She turned around and started to gallop after Montag, who was, apparently, a very fast runner. She heard the metallic thump of the crowbar guy's feet behind her as she ran.

The three of them saw an open door, and Montag ran into it, with the other two following. They all jumped inside, hiding behind the wall as the heard the groans grow closer.

All of a sudden, Mr. Crowbar ran out into the street. Twilight called for him to stop, but there was no stopping him. Twilight and Montag heard the smashing noise of skulls against crowbars, and, within a minute or so, crowbar dude came running back, his crowbar drenched in rotten blood.

Montag and Twilight peeked out from their cover and saw the pile of dead bodies. The scientist had taken care of them all.

"Well then..." Twilight said, stepping out into the open. "Thanks, mister."

The crowbar dude said nothing.

Montag stood and patted the crowbar dude on the back. "Yeah. Thanks."

The crowbar dude said nothing.

There was an awkward pause. Montag looked at the two companions.

"Well," he said, "we still need to find a place for shelter."

Just as he said the words, something stirred in the air, as if it got a bit thicker. Before Twilight could point this out, there was a whooshing noise in the air.

VWHOOOM, VWHOOM....

"Do you hear that?" Twilight asked.

Montag nodded. "Do you know what that is?"

"No," Twilight said.

Guy shrugged. "As if any of this could get any weirder."

The whooshing sound got louder. A shape appeared in the haze, not that far away. It seemed to phase in and out of reality, in and out of existence. With each phase, it gained more and more physicality, and, in a few sets of whooshes, it was there, standing before them, a large, blue, police box.

The whooshing stopped. The wind settled down, and the air returned to normal as the door opened. Out of the blue police box, a gray pony with a yellow mane and wall eyes peeked out. "D-Doctor?" she called.

There was a pause.

"Oh good," Montag said. "It can get weirder."